[Req] How to auto login to a forum on page load
Oct. 04, 2008, 02:37 PM
[Req] How to auto login to a forum on page load
Hello again,

I hope this is a suitable place for me to witter on about this ... it may or may not have a solution related to Prox.

Is there a way (there must be?) to achieve the following;

When you visit a forum where you are registered, whether it be, say, a phpBB one or a vBulletin one, can you get an auto login to happen when you land on any page of the forum, then redirect you to where you initially wanted to go? Maybe along the lines of Sidki/JJoe's Y!Login script or the Castlecops auto login for Prox.

For example, specifically;

When I receive a 'new post' email notification from _http://www.satpimps.com/forum/ I click on the 'new post' link in the email, which then opens the browser, but I'd like to then get auto logged in and redirected to the initial desired page.
So, like using the 'Quick login' form there and hitting 'Go' but without having to do that.
Presumably my username and password could be 'prefilled' by some means and auto submitted on the page load.
I've used 'view source' on their page, and looked around the internet for tips/templates to attempt things like building a locally saved html form, but no success yet.

Thanks for any coding wisdom, whether it be semi-generic (ideally) or specific to that forum.

Lee
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Oct. 04, 2008, 03:28 PM
RE: [Req] How to auto login to a forum on page load
actually can be done much EASIER than the Yahoo auto-login (but a method that doesn't work for Yahoo, btw)...

if you are using sidki's config (in advanced mode), at the bottom of this very forum is a "cookie" footnote...

hover atop "cookie" and a box appears, you'll note a line within that box with "something like" mybbuser=long-butt-string-of-characters...

highlight that and copy it...

now, the paste into your IncExc-U:
Code:
prxbx.com/
    $SET(0=f_cookie.)
    $SET(sCookieF=mybbuser=long-butt-string-of-characters)

i *NEVER* have to log in to this forum - *AND* i do NOT have to allow a "cookie"...
Oct. 04, 2008, 04:21 PM
This is not for proxomitron doesn't do exactly what you want but is really easy to use:
Greasemonkey and the following script http://labs.beffa.org/greasemonkey/AutoLogin.user.js
in that way i autologin with all the passwords i stored in firefox.
Oct. 04, 2008, 07:11 PM
thanks ProxRocks,

I had to log in to see the mybbuser string (presumably you meant that) and indeed I now have it working here with Prox(Sidki) in advanced mode. Clever!
When I go back to my normal 'Light Mode' (customised) it seems to stop working, but it's ok if I move up to Standard Mode.

Also, when it is working, it seems I can never 'log out' now though; if I wanted to, how would I do that? I find I can by putting Prox into bypass and refreshing the page, but that's not ideal, I suppose.

I don't seem to be able to use your method for the site I mentioned. (uses vBulletin) There is no mybbuser string in the cookies box; there's a bbsessionhash=string amongst some others when logged in.

lnminente,

Thanks, I'll probably give that a go too. I had already tried some Greasemonkey scripts from userscripts.org with no success, but maybe I was using them wrongly.

Lee

- edited 05/10/08 BST 15.35, corrections.
Oct. 04, 2008, 11:08 PM
Hello again lnminente,

I've installed that script and the accompanying one for passwords, and indeed it seems to work for me on the site I described earlier. ie, when I do something which requires being logged in, it auto logs me in. Great!

However it seems not to work on this forum here; does it work for you? If not, maybe the 'anti-password remembering coding' here is different to what the .js script looks for.
(I haven't also got ProxRocks' code in circuit whilst testing here)

Lee

- edited 05/10/08 BST 15.38, corrections.
Oct. 05, 2008, 02:45 PM
(Oct. 04, 2008 03:28 PM)ProxRocks Wrote:  actually can be done much EASIER than the Yahoo auto-login (but a method that doesn't work for Yahoo, btw)...

if you are using sidki's config (in advanced mode), at the bottom of this very forum is a "cookie" footnote...

hover atop "cookie" and a box appears, you'll note a line within that box with "something like" mybbuser=long-butt-string-of-characters...

highlight that and copy it...

now, the paste into your IncExc-U:
Code:
prxbx.com/
    $SET(0=f_cookie.)
    $SET(sCookieF=mybbuser=long-butt-string-of-characters)

i *NEVER* have to log in to this forum - *AND* i do NOT have to allow a "cookie"...

The hover does not work over "cookies" at bott right - whats causing this for me? I'm in advanced mode and loged in - no box appears, but does appear on any thing else!
Oct. 05, 2008, 02:48 PM (This post was last modified: Oct. 05, 2008 02:53 PM by leecovuk.)
(Oct. 05, 2008 02:45 PM)turtle Wrote:  The hover does not work over "cookies" at bott right - whats causing this for me? I'm in advanced mode and loged in - no box appears, but does appear on any thing else!
Turtle,

I find the cookies box at the bottom left of the page, not bottom right, but maybe that's what you really meant and still can't see it?
Just to add,
You also need this Web page Filter on to see the cookies box:-
Display Important Info 6.08.01 (fail) [sd] (d.0)
Oct. 05, 2008, 03:48 PM
Sorry, Yes on the left
Do have "Display Important Info 6.08.01 (fail) [sd] (d.0) " checked
I see the text "cookies" (lower left) but hover at this point dosen't work, else where it does.
Quote this message in a reply
Oct. 05, 2008, 10:20 PM (This post was last modified: Oct. 05, 2008 10:28 PM by leecovuk.)
ok, I see.
Sadly I don't know the answer here. Hopefully somebody more experienced can pop in and help you.

In the meantime, I don't know if 'view source' on the page will reveal what you need? Or maybe an extension which analyses cookies?
Re: what I just wrote above;
I don't know if you need to have the 'hover box' working to get the same as me, but 'view source' reveals a section at the bottom of the page which shows the mybbuser string. The section starts with :
<!-- PROX: Bottom Insertion Begins [""''] -->
Oct. 06, 2008, 01:10 AM
To autolog in this forum i always go to http://prxbx.com/forums/member.php?action=login

Reading in the source of the script it speaks about another script to always allow remembering the password, his name is "allow password remembering", but i didn't tested. I think that's the link for the other script you also need: http://userscripts.org/scripts/source/588.user.js

Hope this helps you Wink
Oct. 06, 2008, 01:46 AM
Thanks Inminente,

I'll try that url shortly. Yes, that's the password script which I also installed.

It seems I need to keep my config in Light Mode; putting it into Standard Mode seems to do odd things on sites to that which I'm used to.
So, how do I force Standard Mode for the forums here and also use ProxRocks's code? Apparently you can only match a URL once in IncludeExclude-U.ptxt? I've tried a few guesses without success.

ie I need something combining:

prxbx.com/forums
$SET(0=f_cookie.)
$SET(sCookieF=mybbuser='string')

and

prxbx.com/forums $SET(0=i_level:3.)

Thanks once again.
Oct. 06, 2008, 10:23 AM
have you tried:
Code:
prxbx.com/
     $SET(0=i_level:3.f_cookie.)
     $SET(sCookieF=mybbuser='string')
Oct. 06, 2008, 04:35 PM (This post was last modified: Oct. 06, 2008 04:50 PM by leecovuk.)
Thanks ProxRocks, that does the job.
Smile!
lnminente,

I too can auto login via the login url here, using the .js scripts, but only ProxRocks' technique seems to work for me on all pages. (I'm not trying to use both methods at once)
His method is better for me because it doesn't require going to the login url then browsing to the relevant topic page, for example.
I asked earlier about always being 'logged in' now and how to log out, but I can't really think of a scenario where I'd need to except by simply closing the browser.

The .js scripts however work fine for me on other sites, and I'm using them. Indeed the initial site I posted about works with that method but not ProxRocks's.

Thanks,
Lee
Oct. 06, 2008, 06:19 PM
ProxRocks,
Anyone else having a problem with hover over "cookies" at the bottom left?
Charlie
test ------------
-----
Quote this message in a reply
Oct. 06, 2008, 06:58 PM
which config "mode" are you using?