Disable advanced configuration
Oct. 31, 2008, 10:09 AM
Disable advanced configuration
Hi,
I have a problem. I'd like to know if is possible to disable the advanced configuration, and change the page content only with the filter's.
I have try to set the rule "NO FILTER *" but after I' can't set other type of filter.
Thank you in advance
Marco
Quote this message in a reply
Oct. 31, 2008, 10:28 AM
RE: Disable advanced configuration
There are 3 types of filtering in BFilter.
1. Internal heuristic rules.
2. URL patterns.
3. Content filters.

You can't disable the internal heuristic rules without disabling the other two. If you want to get rid of the URL patterns, you may empty the "urls" file in C:\Program Files\BFilter\conf\. You can't do it from the GUI, because you shouldn't normally mess with that file. After all, it will get overwritten when you upgrade BFilter. However, that's the best thing I can suggest.
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Oct. 31, 2008, 06:08 PM
RE: Disable advanced configuration
Ok, thank you for your suggest.
I emptied the urls file and now I can see all the banner on the page. But there is another problem, because when I reloaded the page, I can't see the ".swf banner" (I can see only a white content).
I can see the swf presentation only if I click on the content of the banner.

My aim is to substitute some element of a web page (like a banner or an image) with other content (like another banner).
Banner changing allows me to evaluate the effect of a new banner inside the page and this is important for my eyetracking experiment.
Could be BFilter a solution for my problem?

Thank you
Quote this message in a reply