What's Your Main Internet Browser?
Jul. 12, 2009, 10:29 PM
RE: What's Your Main Internet Browser?
I currently use three profiles in Firefox, your program found and defragged them. Works so good!! Smile!
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Jul. 13, 2009, 12:21 AM
forgive the no-knowledge-about-Firefox question - is this "defragging" 'needed' if we use PortableApps version of Firefox with no "session store" and it's set to clear the cache on exit?
Jul. 13, 2009, 10:13 AM (This post was last modified: Jul. 13, 2009 10:14 AM by lnminente.)
PR, maybe not. This defragmentation is reccomended to be done every four months when we keep an history of our navigation (i suppose it depends how many new webs we know each month, so for us could be one or two months). In places.sqlite are stored our bookmarks and the history. There are more sqlite files but maybe they doesn't impact in the perfomance too much.

-Don't saving the session means not seeing the same opened tabs when starting than when you last closed the browser.
-Clearing the cache should not be determining here i think.

-Maybe you could try surfing always in incognito mode, aka directly not saving your navigation history.
Jul. 20, 2009, 11:37 PM (This post was last modified: Jul. 20, 2009 11:38 PM by cscat.)
I am a user of Opera for 9-10 years now.
I use it 99% of the time!
Jul. 29, 2009, 11:39 PM
FF 3.5 has become the main browser on all our pc's mainly due to add ons. Sadly, only my pc still has The Proxomitron on it. My family members were running with proxo bypassed most of the time, so now they run FF with ABP add on. Smile!