Problem with the speed and rendering af a page
Dec. 17, 2008, 09:31 AM
Problem with the speed and rendering af a page
Hi, I have a question for you. I compiled and installed bfilter in Linux with the debug configuration. First, I'd like to know what are the features of the debug configuration (like the "connection" and "traffic KB"). After I have a problem with the speed of Bfilter. I work with bfilter in a network configuration (bfilter is indipendent installed in a computer) and the browser of another computer is set to connect with bfilter (I need only one pc connected with bfilter). I have a problem with the rendering of the pages of a web site. If the page is not completely downloaded, I can't normally see it because if I scroll it, I obtained an extension of the image.
My question is: there is a way to improve the speed of Bfilter?
Thank you very much in advance
vega83
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Dec. 17, 2008, 11:53 PM
RE: Problem with the speed and rendering af a page
"Connections" means the number of connections to track. That's basically the maximum number of connections that will be shown in the debugging GUI.

"Traffic, KB" controls how much traffic to save for each connection that are shown in the debugging GUI. It's possible to double-click the connection and save some of the traffic associated with it.

Quote:My question is: there is a way to improve the speed of Bfilter?
Maybe the debug mode is to blame? You don't really need it unless you are a developer.
Dec. 18, 2008, 08:46 AM
Thank you very much for your answer.
I try to compile and install bfilter without the debug configuration.
Dec. 20, 2008, 03:36 PM
I tried to compile Bfilter without debug configuration. BFilter now is very very fast, but I think that the problem is my networkMad with Teeth.
About the problem with the rendering, I evalueted that this is an IE problem.
In fact I can see the same problem also without the use of Bfilter.
With Mozzilla Firefox insted there aren't problem of renderingPervert.
Thank you very much for all
vega83