Wish List - Proxy Server - [On / Off] Option
May. 24, 2009, 05:20 AM
Wish List - Proxy Server - [On / Off] Option
Up till I got IE8, I used IE7Pro as well.

It had a couple of nice features and one of them was the ability to tell IE to [Use Proxy Server], or not.

Don't know if this has been discussed here or not, but along with [Bypass All Filters], this would be a really useful add on, as [Bypass] doesn't always solve the problem.

Al
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
May. 24, 2009, 03:56 PM
RE: Wish List - Proxy Server - [On / Off] Option
I don't know for IE, but if you use Firefox sometime with the addon Custom buttoms you can add this button attached.

Save the attached file as proxy.html, open it with FF and click on the link

Attached File(s)
.txt  proxy.txt (Size: 3.59 KB / Downloads: 620)
May. 25, 2009, 12:41 AM
Thanks for that, but I don't use FF all that much. No particular reason, just habit.

Al
May. 25, 2009, 02:42 AM
There are many IE shells could do proxy switch, like Greenbrowser, The World, Maxthon ...
May. 25, 2009, 05:16 AM (This post was last modified: May. 25, 2009 05:17 AM by ardarby.)
Thanks, had a look, but I've already got IE8 and Proxo, these mostly just replicate that, with a few extras (like proxy switching).

BTW, the URL for The World was the same as Greenbrowser, found it @ http://www.ioage.com/en/

Al
May. 27, 2009, 12:49 AM
Hey, thanks for the tip! That custom button addon is pretty cool!
May. 29, 2009, 10:20 PM
Just a little update to say that some bright spark has come up with a "workaround" for IE7Pro and it now seems to work OK with IE8, so the Proxy Server - [On / Off] option now works again.

It seems that IE7Pro would hang when used with IE8 and it had to do with allowing IE8 to open separate processes for each tab. IE7Pro didn't always load when there was more than 1 process. By limiting IE8 to a single process, IE7Pro behaves just fine and I can live with IE8 only having one process.

Al