Problem with Advance LAN settings
May. 25, 2009, 01:20 AM (This post was last modified: May. 25, 2009 01:22 AM by ardarby.)
Problem with Advance LAN settings
Under [Exceptions], in the box labelled [Do not use proxy server for addresses beginning with:], I have several sites listed.

It was my understanding that any sites listed there totally bypassed Proxo. That no longer seems to be the case. I'm finding daily, sites listed there, must be added to the [Bypass List] and even then, sometimes I must turn on [BYPASS FILTERS]

I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate x64, Core i7, IE8 and Proxo with latest Sidki config.

When did the world change / Did I miss a chapter?

TIA

Al
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
May. 25, 2009, 03:06 AM
RE: Problem with Advance LAN settings
Depending on how you are connected to Internet, maybe you need to set them in "Dial-up and Virtual Private Network settings", which is right above lan settings.

Attached File(s)
.png  Internet Options.png (Size: 35.82 KB / Downloads: 651)
May. 25, 2009, 04:57 AM
Thanks, but that option is "greyed" out. I'm connecting via a NetGear Router.

Al
May. 25, 2009, 08:01 AM
(May. 25, 2009 04:57 AM)ardarby Wrote:  I'm connecting via a NetGear Router.
Then the LAN settings is the right place. Could you please take a snapshot of your Advance settings?
May. 25, 2009, 09:44 AM
As requested:

.gif  ScreenShot001.gif (Size: 108.2 KB / Downloads: 847)

Al
May. 25, 2009, 02:09 PM
I didn't see any problem from your settings. Are all sites listed there not bypassed or only some of them?
May. 26, 2009, 12:49 AM (This post was last modified: May. 26, 2009 12:52 AM by ardarby.)
Kind of hard to say, e.g. 127.0.0.1 is there along with *.local. Here's the complete list:
127.0.0.1;*windowsupdate.microsoft.com;www.download.windowsupdate.com;*esp-itil.com;*it-processmaps.com;*live.com;*optusnet.com.au;www.bigpond.com;www.itvsn.com.au;www.totaltraining.com;www.whereis.com;*google.com*;mc-au.server-secure.com;sony.com.au;www.macromedia.com;captivatehelp.macromedia.com;www.2gb.com;www.qantas.com.au;www.info2you.com.au;www.truelocal.com.au;*yahoo.com;*lynda.com;*apple.com;maps.consumerdownloads.ca.com;localhost;*centrelink.gov.au;*abc.net.au*;*optus.com.au;*.local

You'll note that *google.com is there, plus it's in my [Bypass List] and still, I have to turn on [BYPASS FILTERS] to see it. Interestingly, once it's up, I can turn off [BYPASS FILTERS] and it runs fine.

Al
May. 26, 2009, 03:11 AM
To menction in my windows vista i had to put 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost, maybe it helps you...
May. 26, 2009, 03:59 AM
I have 127.0.0.1 right at the front.

I don't have localhhost, but I can't recall what *.local refers to.

Al
May. 26, 2009, 04:03 AM
(May. 26, 2009 12:49 AM)ardarby Wrote:  You'll note that *google.com is there, ...

I wonder if Microsoft's parser is confused by your having a trailing asterisk on it too.

;*google.com*

Also, putting an asterisk before a name and not using a dot seems odd since you'd normally want the dot in order to better qualify the domain portion. They may have intended you use a syntax like:

;*.google.com
May. 26, 2009, 04:21 AM
I copied your list to my IE8 and they did work. Maybe you can give what lnminente suggested a try.
May. 26, 2009, 04:59 AM
(May. 26, 2009 04:03 AM)Graycode Wrote:  
(May. 26, 2009 12:49 AM)ardarby Wrote:  You'll note that *google.com is there, ...

I wonder if Microsoft's parser is confused by your having a trailing asterisk on it too.

;*google.com*

Also, putting an asterisk before a name and not using a dot seems odd since you'd normally want the dot in order to better qualify the domain portion. They may have intended you use a syntax like:

;*.google.com

Tried that, made no difference. Also removed google from my [Bypass List], no difference.

I can only get into google analytics if I [BYPASS FILTERS], or turn off Proxo in Connections.

Something weird is happening and I'm stumped.

Al
May. 26, 2009, 01:30 PM
Solved part of the puzzle, by taking Google out of [Trusted Sites] and even though they're still in the[Advance LAN Settings] list, I added them back to the [Bypass List]

Now at least, I can get into some Google sites, but still NOT Google Analytics.

Unless I turn on [BYPASS FILTERS], I get the following:
ProxomiTron Application Error

Exception [C0000005] raised in… SslStart::…

I still don't understand why Proxo even looks at Google, when IE8 is telling it to "bypass" it.

Really hope somebody has a clue, because I sure don't.

Al
May. 26, 2009, 02:51 PM
That error is in a secure connection, maybe the exceptions are not applied to them?

BTW if you don't use to filter secure pages i would suggest to untick "Use SSlay/OpenSSL..." in Proxomitron.
May. 26, 2009, 10:59 PM (This post was last modified: May. 26, 2009 11:03 PM by ardarby.)
(May. 26, 2009 02:51 PM)lnminente Wrote:  That error is in a secure connection, maybe the exceptions are not applied to them?

BTW if you don't use to filter secure pages i would suggest to untick "Use SSlay/OpenSSL..." in Proxomitron.

Thanks for the tip, seems to have solved the problem … sort of.

It still doesn't answer the question as to why, if Google is listed in [Do not use proxy server on addresses beginning with:], does Proxo even look at it??? http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/libra...61953.aspx

It also doesn't explain why it used to work and no longer does. I wonder if it's anything to do with Vista x64???

Al