Well well well
Aug. 05, 2009, 09:45 AM
Well well well
Guess what I am doing!! I am here using Linux and with Proxomitron running between Firefox for Linux and the forum !! It works great so far. I only set it up few seconds ago, so I have to test it a bit more. But so far its working. Cool!!!
Visit this user's website
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Aug. 05, 2009, 10:01 AM
RE: Well well well
Doing a search I see you already know, so this is no news. But it was news to me though, and I only can share my happy thoughts LOL.
Aug. 05, 2009, 02:14 PM (This post was last modified: Aug. 05, 2009 02:18 PM by 43unite.)
(Aug. 05, 2009 10:01 AM)Arne Wrote:  Doing a search I see you already know, so this is no news. But it was news to me though, and I only can share my happy thoughts LOL.
Glad that you are having fun! I see from another thread that you are running Ubuntu but not entirely happy with it. Try as many different Linux distos as you like using available LiveCDs to find one that you prefer.
Aug. 05, 2009, 04:04 PM
Hi there!
The reason I don't like it is that I miss all my Windows programs. Else this is the fastest and most clean OS I have ever seen (since Windows 3.11 LOL) If I could use all my dear programs, I would change to Ubuntu on all my computers, no doubt.

I am hesitating to try get windows back on the two computers damaged because too many things are going on here right now. So I spend some time to explore the Linux world while waiting to have time to roll back somehow. I like to explore, and I admit Linux is far better than windows, very much better. But I miss my programs and that is the one and only reason I will try to get Windows back on them.

Thanks for the tip though!!
Aug. 05, 2009, 07:22 PM (This post was last modified: Aug. 05, 2009 07:23 PM by 43unite.)
You're welcome, Arne.

Re: the Windows programs that you're missing, have you tried running those apps on Linux via Wine (as you are doing with Proxo)? There may also be 'equivalent' apps available for Linux. Which ones are you missing, perhaps I can offer suggestions.
Aug. 05, 2009, 07:28 PM
I miss my Borland Builder C++ and my ancestor-program Legacy most of all. And PaintShop Pro whice there are good replacements for. Others are communicating with my other devices as mobiles and calendar in my PPC.
Aug. 05, 2009, 08:24 PM
Legacy will run on Linux with Win4Lin, VMWare or VirtualBox.
Thanks for using Legacy.
Sherry
Customer Support
Millennia Corporation
[email protected]
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com

You could also try running Borland Builder C++, etc. with VirtualBox, VMware, or Wine. No harm done if unsuccessful. As you said there are many excellent Linux graphics programs. Explore your Linux distro available communication apps and calendar apps. I'm not familiar with Gnome, but know that there are many options available if you want to give it a go and play with your system. Sorry that I'm not able to be more specific in this case. Smile!