Google Chrome Frame
Sep. 25, 2009, 05:34 AM (This post was last modified: Sep. 25, 2009 05:37 AM by ardarby.)
Google Chrome Frame
What is needed for Proxo to make all pages use Google Chrome Frame?

According to the instructions, all it needs is a Custom HTTP Header:
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="chrome=1">

If I had the slightest clue how to code it, I'd try, but sadly, I don't and it looks like something Proxo was built to do.

Here's a link to the Developers Guide:
http://code.google.com/chrome/chromefram...guide.html

TIA

Al

Al
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Sep. 25, 2009, 06:55 AM
RE: Google Chrome Frame
(Sep. 25, 2009 05:34 AM)ardarby Wrote:  What is needed for Proxo to make all pages use Google Chrome Frame?
Why don't you use Google Chrome directly?
Sep. 25, 2009, 07:46 AM
If your worry about privacy try SRWare Iron
Sep. 25, 2009, 08:23 AM (This post was last modified: Sep. 25, 2009 08:24 AM by ardarby.)
(Sep. 25, 2009 06:55 AM)whenever Wrote:  
(Sep. 25, 2009 05:34 AM)ardarby Wrote:  What is needed for Proxo to make all pages use Google Chrome Frame?
Why don't you use Google Chrome directly?
Because I want to see how it works and I've already tried Chrome and don't particularly like the "rawness" of it (missing some of the features I'm used to using - may have changed since I last used it).
(Sep. 25, 2009 07:46 AM)bugger Wrote:  If your worry about privacy try SRWare Iron
I'm not worried about privacy, just want to test Google Chrome Frame and wondered if I could force all pages to use it.

Al
Sep. 25, 2009, 01:20 PM
i love this concept - use ANY browser you want, slap a line of code at the top and your browser renders with a pre-selected "engine"...

Sleipnir is the ONLY browser i know of that allows the user to select what "engine" they wish to use (between Gecko and Trident)... [okay, Firefox has an IE Tab Extension, but the Firefox users i know are like, "I use Firefox to avoid IE, why would I want an IE extension"...]

i'd love a browser that could use all three major engines (Presto/Opera, Gecko/Firefox, Trident/IE)...
Sep. 25, 2009, 04:39 PM
(Sep. 25, 2009 05:34 AM)ardarby Wrote:  According to the instructions, all it needs is a Custom HTTP Header:
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="chrome=1">

Code:
[Patterns]
Name = "Ensure Google Chrome Frame 090925"
Active = TRUE
Multi = TRUE
URL = "$TYPE(htm)"
Bounds = "<head*>"
Limit = 256
Match = "\1$STOP()"
Replace = "\1"
          "\r\n"
          "<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="chrome=1">"
          "\r\n"

Have fun
Sep. 25, 2009, 11:07 PM
(Sep. 25, 2009 04:39 PM)JJoe Wrote:  [...]Have fun
Thanks JJoe.

I assume that if Google Chrome Frame is not installed / activated, the browser will just ignore the Custom Header.

Al
Sep. 25, 2009, 11:35 PM
(Sep. 25, 2009 11:07 PM)ardarby Wrote:  I assume that if Google Chrome Frame is not installed / activated, the browser will just ignore the Custom Header.

That would be my guess. It should...

The first filter checked for the statement before adding it
but this is easier to follow and should be OK.

I didn't test or read the Developers Guide.
So no promises.

You are welcome.
Sep. 26, 2009, 12:09 AM (This post was last modified: Sep. 26, 2009 03:46 AM by ardarby.)
Seems to be working, just fine.

Now if there was some way that it could ignore the [Bypass Filters] and [Bypass List]. I have some sites set to bypass Proxo and occasionally use the [Bypass Filters], e.g. for Flash on YouTube Wink

Al