Content-Type Issue?
Jun. 25, 2010, 03:28 AM
RE: Content-Type Issue?
(Jun. 24, 2010 07:57 PM)ProxRocks Wrote:  i'm seeing app/json's for the login process for a client's account...
interestingly, i can't seem to "half ssl" that account without a popup certificate warning from my browser...

So maybe there is a https url in the json file?
I wonder what would happen while using Whenever's ProxHTTPSProxy proxy in Half_SSL mode.
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Jun. 25, 2010, 10:28 AM
(Jun. 25, 2010 03:28 AM)JJoe Wrote:  So maybe there is a https url in the json file?
I wonder what would happen while using Whenever's ProxHTTPSProxy proxy in Half_SSL mode.

looking into both is on my to-do list...

the ProxHTTPSProxy in Half_SSL, i've been wanting to return to the EXE version and see if i can get it to work without having to install OpenSSL... it "might" be as easy as just copying the .dll's over to the EXE's folder, i just haven't been able to get to it yet...

until this thread came along, i've never even "heard of" an app/json, lol...
i was hoping that "faking" my user-agent would 'get around' the app/json's, but that doesn't "seem" to be the case...
Jun. 25, 2010, 01:45 PM
(Jun. 25, 2010 03:14 AM)JJoe Wrote:  Next question, for later, is what is in those json files that might be worth the effort to modify.

json is a format mostly used for data interchange. In theory any data can be put into it, including ads and other annoyance, which you may want to modify.
Jun. 25, 2010, 07:33 PM (This post was last modified: Jun. 25, 2010 08:00 PM by sidki3003.)
We've done quite some testing back then. Only unexpected issue was content-encoded documents being sent even if there was no outbound accept-encoding header. This happened very rarely, less than 1 per 1000 connects.

(Jun. 25, 2010 01:45 PM)whenever Wrote:  json is a format mostly used for data interchange. In theory any data can be put into it, including ads and other annoyance, which you may want to modify.

Yes, data-sets, transmitted as JS objects in literal syntax ({...}), hence JavaScript Object Notation. The thing is that targeting specific data-set snippets turned out to be pointless in almost all cases, i.e. either block the whole shebang or let it be.

IIRC, the *actual* reason why application/json is protected by recent sidki-configs is that the json content-type was "correctly corrected" to JS, via a content-sniffing webfilter, and those huge objects caused the JS filters to use up a significant amount of CPU cycles...