how to exclude fully a site?
Feb. 21, 2011, 05:40 PM
how to exclude fully a site?
have setup couple new systems over the last week, xp pro and sidki's config from october 2010.

everything works well, have not seen any major issues but one item confounds me and am not sure I have the solution.

I run a special black box in the wall server which is connected via a LAN cable to my router, so the address of this server is only seen to me when I am at home. the address of the server is 192.168.1.129 and if I type that into firefox, it does come up but does not automatically refresh the display.

after rummaging around the sidki install notes, I came to the conclusion that I have to setup a filter in exceptions.ptxt or exceptions-U.ptxt and used a couple of the examples with the $SET(0= ... syntax.

my in-house server page still loads fine, but it does not update automatically after a 5 seconds which is the default view for the XML that runs the display.

if I totally disable proxo, then my 192.168.1.129 shows normal so I am apparently missing the point. also tried adding the address to trusted/by-pass list as 192.168.1.129/ but that also made no difference (the page loads fine and I see the static display but will not auto-refresh every 5 seconds until I disable proxo).

help?
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Feb. 22, 2011, 05:28 AM (This post was last modified: Feb. 22, 2011 05:30 AM by JJoe.)
RE: how to exclude fully a site?
(Feb. 21, 2011 05:40 PM)susa Wrote:  also tried adding the address to trusted/by-pass list as 192.168.1.129/ but that also made no difference (the page loads fine and I see the static display but will not auto-refresh every 5 seconds until I disable proxo).

I have an entry like this in Bypass List.txt for my routers, appears to work for me.

Do you see the blocklist match for your entry

Code:
BlockList 5303: in Bypass-List, line 17

in the Proxomitron's log window?
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply