Proxomitron Reborn
Apr. 13, 2024, 09:09 PM
RE: Proxomitron Reborn
(Apr. 13, 2024 08:27 PM)Anno Domini Wrote:  ...

Did I do everything correctly ?

That'll work.

(Apr. 13, 2024 08:27 PM)Anno Domini Wrote:  PS -- JJoe, I viewed your proxcert_certonly.pem and it says that the Signature Algorithm is SHA-256 with RSA Encryption. Is that to make browsing easier ? The one I generated and am using says SHA-512, and to be honest, I don't really know what the difference is lol. Thank you..

I just clicked the button. lol
Probably due to our computers and OSs. This computer is old and I don't like to update it.
Something to note, however. Thanks for mentioning it.
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Apr. 13, 2024, 10:59 PM
(Apr. 13, 2024 08:51 PM)DullFace Wrote:  Does it always crash at address 0x77766c8e? Judging by the address, this is some kind of dll, and not Reborn himself.
BTW, why is your process called "proxomitron.exe"? Is this the patched Reborn?

It's the downloaded .exe, I just renamed to Proxomitron, no patches.

I'll have to see if it's the same address every time.
Apr. 14, 2024, 07:56 PM (This post was last modified: Apr. 14, 2024 07:56 PM by Anno Domini.)
(Apr. 13, 2024 09:09 PM)JJoe Wrote:  
(Apr. 13, 2024 08:27 PM)Anno Domini Wrote:  Did I do everything correctly ?

That'll work.

Thank you for the confirmation JJoe, it helps a lot, and to Whenever for your observation about 'proxcert_certonly.pem' in post #264 !
Apr. 16, 2024, 02:49 PM
(Apr. 13, 2024 06:34 PM)JJoe Wrote:  Opens with my version 4.6.0.5. using the certs generated by either exe.
Fails to load in Edge, Firefox or Opera with 4.7.0.0. and either set of certs.
Same "certs.pem" was used.

Thanks for looking into this. I tested with Firefox only and I got the same result as you.

4.6.0.5 with OpenSSL 1.0.1q works and I can see yomou.syosetu.com in Cached Certificates section of https://local.ptron/.pinfo/ssl/.

4.7.0.0 with OpenSSL 1.0.1q works too.

4.7.0.0 with OpenSSL 3.0.9 doesn't work and and I can NOT see yomou.syosetu.com in Cached Certificates section of https://local.ptron/.pinfo/ssl/.

@amy, can you let new versions moving forward check for OpenSSL 3.x DLLs first and fall back to OpenSSL 1.x if OpenSSL 3.x DLLs are not present? This way I can put new and old proxo.exe, and new and old DLLs in the same directory without having to remove a specific version of DLLs to test another version of Proxo.exe.
Apr. 17, 2024, 04:12 PM (This post was last modified: Apr. 17, 2024 04:12 PM by Anno Domini.)
Hi there, I can go to ebay.com without any issues, but I am unable to go to ebay.ca with the new Proxo 4.7.0.0. If I bypass Proxo it will go to ebay.ca, but with Proxo enabled it does not. Please see attached photo. I have the latest cacert.pem. Any thoughts ?

Attached File(s)
.jpg  Capture .JPG (Size: 65 KB / Downloads: 13)
Today, 02:41 AM (This post was last modified: Today 03:54 AM by JJoe.)
Browsers often let you 'Accept the Risk and Continue' or 'proceed...(unsafe)', etc. This may cause the browser to load the site with the Proxomitron filtering. It does for me.
Of course, the browsers will mark the site as insecure.

For Firefox this exception may be granted by clicking
'Advanced...' then 'Accept the Risk and Continue' on the warning page.

(Apr. 17, 2024 04:12 PM)Anno Domini Wrote:  ...
I am unable to go to ebay.ca with the new Proxo 4.7.0.0.
... Any thoughts ?
Today, 03:08 AM (This post was last modified: Today 03:54 AM by JJoe.)
(Apr. 16, 2024 02:49 PM)whenever Wrote:  ...
Thanks for looking into this. I tested with Firefox only and I got the same result as you.

No problem. I was hoping to narrow this down for amy.

Maybe the handshake between server and Reborn fails. This causes an incomplete certificate for the browser.
Indeed, googling "OpenSSL 3 handshake fails" turns up "Handshake fails with 3.0.2 & 1.1.1n, but succeeds with 1.1.1" and https://github.com/owncloud/client/issues/11172

But, if I add an exception for the site to the browser, it loads and is filtered...