I need some help...
Jan. 14, 2005, 07:44 PM

And I am hoping someone here might be able to help me.

forgive the lack of technical knowledge, I am one of those with limited experience.

Several months ago I installed Proxomitron, I configured it all and set up a proxy, after a while of not being able to get on with the program I uninstalled it.

Since then I have even had to format my puter, even after all that my IP is still showing as the one I entered into the program many months ago.

Here's the problem, there is a site I spend a great deal of time on which now appears to have blacklisted that IP and each time I try and login I get banned.

I have tried setting a new IP through the browser whether IE or Maxthon but each time my IP still shows as the one I am trying to get rid of.

It is driving me nuts, I have even installed Proxo again and tried to set a new proxy but it just won't work, please if someone can help me I would be very grateful
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Jan. 14, 2005, 08:57 PM

The website is banning the IP address of your ISP...
It's got nothing to do with Proxomitron...

So, just what did you do to get banned...
I'm quite confident that the website had a *reason* to ban your ISP...
Jan. 14, 2005, 09:15 PM

I haven't done anything, what I do know is my father using another computer without the proxo, using the router which has a static IP has no trouble whatso ever, and before I used proxo that was the IP showing for my puter too, so what I need to know is how to change it, the site banning me is Neopets I have been accused of cheating and now every account I make gets *frozen* even though I have never cheated
Jan. 14, 2005, 11:01 PM

It might be sniffing out for proxies. It wont allow you on if you're going through a proxy like Proxo, you need to add the Neopets site into your bypass list.

�{=(~�::[Shea]::��~)=}�
How 'bout you sideburns, you want some of this milk?
This fading text is pretty cool, eh? I bet you wish you had some.