Proxo URL commands in the context menu
May. 03, 2005, 09:33 PM

Hi all!

Anybody interested in an easy way to make stuff like 'Bypass all filters' and 'Debug page' directly available in the default context menu of Internet Explorer? I've tried both JD's and Sidki's menu, but they both have some disadvantages. For example, with some sites - especially complex ones - the menu-icon either doesn't appear or the menu looks different due to conflicting stylesheets. Sad

So I tried some of this and I tried some of that, and now I always have all URL commands I need, one click away. Big Teeth
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
May. 04, 2005, 02:49 AM

donkey_shot Wrote:I've tried both JD's and Sidki's menu, but they both have some disadvantages. For example, with some sites - especially complex ones - the menu-icon either doesn't appear or the menu looks different due to conflicting stylesheets.  Sad
There are topics in which people can - and fortunately do - post pages where our configs have problems, thus giving us a chance to fix them. Wink

Quote:So I tried some of this and I tried some of that, and now I always have all URL commands I need, one click away.  Big Teeth
Keeping those commands at least as bookmarklets is surely a good idea. There won't be a Prox menu, when it comes to debugging framesets or external scripts.

sidki
May. 04, 2005, 07:51 PM

Hi Sidki! Smile!

Quote:There are topics in which people can - and fortunately do - post pages where our configs have problems, thus giving us a chance to fix them.

I'm still fiddling with your (and JD's) config set to see what filters I like and want to merge with the config I normally use, so keep watching the sky. Your wish just might come true. Smile!

In the meantime though... Both your menu and JD's show some quirks at this site for example:
http://www.tweakers.net

It's a site which uses a lot of strange techniques, resulting in some weird results for some of the filters, like the positioning of the menu, the bottom adds, and the hovering results of those adds.

What I like about your menu is that you don't have to be at the top of the page to see the menu icon, like with JD's. What I like about JD's menu compared to yours is the fact that the URL command windows open in a new window.

Quote:Keeping those commands at least as bookmarklets is surely a good idea. There won't be a Prox menu, when it comes to debugging framesets or external scripts.

Oh, but I don't use bookmarklets. I use the option for adding your own extensions to the default right-click contextmenu of IE, combined with a small HTML file. B)

P.S. Great job on your config set! Very impressive. Must have taken a lot of rainy afternoons. :P
May. 05, 2005, 02:01 AM

there is a filter in sidki's config that is disabled by default entitled ".+ Open normal Menu Links in new Window"...

that will resolve your concern about the URL commands...
May. 05, 2005, 02:25 AM

Quote:In the meantime though... Both your menu and JD's show some quirks at this site for example:
http://www.tweakers.net

It's a site which uses a lot of strange techniques, resulting in some weird results for some of the filters, like the positioning of the menu, the bottom adds, and the hovering results of those adds.
The missing menu is caused by a left-over from a killed ad script, which messes with the layout. It's fixed for the next version. Thanks for reporting this!
The information which is usually displayed at the bottom is at the top here, because the layout is absolutely positioned. That happens at times.

Quote:What I like about your menu is that you don't have to be at the top of the page to see the menu icon, like with JD's. What I like about JD's menu compared to yours is the fact that the URL command windows open in a new window.
There is an option just below "Add Proxomitron Menu" in the webfilter config control, called ". + Open normal Menu Links in new Window". Check out Config_Control.txt for an explanation of this statement.
Firefox has an option to suppress forced opening of new windows/tabs by links. If active, this config option won't work.

edit: ProxRocks, completely missed your post! Big Teeth

sidki
May. 05, 2005, 02:52 AM

sidki3003 Wrote:edit: ProxRocks, completely missed your post! Big Teeth

sidki
lol...

to be honest, I saw ya listed under "reading this topic" and figured I'd sneak a fast one in... all the while assuming that you tabbed over to 'tweakers' to resolve 'the rest of the story'...