how do I ?
Jul. 02, 2005, 08:36 AM

Hi i have been using proxomitron for a while now and also got some update filters that i could find that allow inporting them to prox program .. as i have no programing idea at all just basic stuff .i realy love this program .and rely on it 100% .and the installed filters .what i want to know how do i get it to run auto in my tray ? i have to click the short cut every time i start my cp .. the ather thing is if i by pass all my filters im i a target ? as at one site i cant log in with them running? with them all tic on mode .(on) some of the filters that i see i have not a clue what to do with them and i have to be so carfull i dont mess up i have change a tiny bit here and there with the help files but thats as far as i dare im a surfer Ehh
love it and go from one place to the next been doing it for 4 years now thats how i found this program..many thanks and be looking for your advice..
Quote this message in a reply
Jul. 02, 2005, 11:57 AM

Welcome to the forum itsme . For the fist question , open Proxomitron , hit the config button , then the startup button at the top of the menu , and check " Run Proxomitron as a system tray icon " . The next boot up should have it there . I'll leave the other question to the experts .
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Jul. 02, 2005, 04:05 PM

itsme;
Quote:..... how do i get it to run auto in my tray ? i have to click the short cut every time i start my cp?
As Ralph said above. Or were you looking to make Proxo run automatically each time the computer starts, so that you don't have to click the tray icon to start it before you start browsing? If that's the case, simply put a shortcut to Proxo in your Startup folder.

Quote:..... the ather thing is if i by pass all my filters im[sic] i a target?
Yep, you sure are, doobie. That's why we have the filters in the first place, to keep the nasties out. Even the default set that comes with Proxo is good enough to keep out 95% of all net crap. (But YMMV. [lol])

Quote:.....  at one site i cant log in with them running? with them all tic on mode .(on) some of the filters that i see i have not a clue what to do with them and i have to be so carfull i dont mess up i have change a tiny bit here and there with the help files but thats as far as i dare im a surfer Ehh
Once you have your filters configured the way you want/like, just use the Bypass option - right click the tray icon, and choose that setting. That way, you don't have to tick on/tick off ( :o ) each individual filter.

Quote:.....love it and go from one place to the next been doing it for 4 years now thats how i  found this program..many thanks and be looking for your advice.
After 4 years, well, I'm not gonna say anything, but by now, you should have at least the basic feel for how Proxo operates. This should make it easy for you to understand most of what we're talking about on these here forums. :P Stick around, and almost like a miracle, you'll suddenly see how the pieces of the puzzle fit together, and the next thing you know, you'll be writing your own filters! Big Teeth

And FWIW, Welcome to The UnOfficial Proxomitron Forums!

Oddysey

I'm no longer in the rat race - the rats won't have me!
Jul. 05, 2005, 03:36 PM

simply put a shortcut to Proxo in your Startup folder
Thanks very mutch for the replys i have done this and i still have to click the short cut(, to get it to the tray ?) lett me explane further after all my programs are in the tray proxo is not there untill i hit it in my mian windows(icons) i even SET its path in auto bat..hoping this may run i at start up Perhaps this is normall i dont know As sometimes i forget when starting ie and from what i can make out i think you are saying to put it (Startup folder?) how do i do this ? Emm like i siad i dont realy know that mutch when it comes to start editing things and am very carefull not to muck around with this as i have alot of programs that do this for me...lett me also say this is a top of the heap filter program i have tried different ones but nothing comes close to proxomitron ..i have like most tested it to the limit and nothing gets in or out i dont want ..i have also added the config made buy keyU sercurity , i hope that this will be added to by the maker of this filter.. Any how that you all agian and looking forward to the replys..
yours itsmej
Jul. 06, 2005, 07:11 AM

To get Proxomitron into the System tray, open the Prox window, click the "Configure" button, then the "Startup" tab in the window. There is a checkbox that says "Run Proxomitron as a system tray icon". Check that box. That shoudl fix it.
Jul. 06, 2005, 02:12 PM

"as a system tray icon". Check that box. That shoudl fix it"
...I have had this from the start any how its not thats mutch of a worry, i dont know why i even reinstalled it 2 times and its the same Ehhh So looks like i am stuck with it ..Thanks agian ..
o yes it seems like the new proxmondo is doing the same ..i have tried this one the ather day and it will not lett me on the nett by that i mean my browser keeps telling me cant find the server..( have to read to see why ??) when i switch back to proxomitron alls well ..but the piont is it to will not auto load to the tray ..must be somthing blocking it . and proxo,anyway funny thing its the only program thats doing this ..like i was saying above i hit the icon and its than sits in the tray ..i can live with it ..agian thanks every one for your help ..
yours itsme
Jul. 06, 2005, 07:02 PM

itsme;

Hey, don't go away just yet, we're only getting started! Big Teeth

OK, you need to learn how to put a shortcut into your Startup Folder..... no sweat. Here's what you do:

If you are on Windows 9x:
1) Open your regular Windows Explorer, and set it to the following folder:
c:\windows\start menu\programs\startup

Jump to step 2)

If you are using Windows NT/2000/XP:
1) Open your regular Windows Explorer, and set it to the following folder:
c:\documents and settings\all users\start menu\programs\startup

(Alternatively, if you share this machine and don't wish others to use Proxo with your settings, you would substitute your user name for the 'all users' in the folder location above.)

2) If you have single-pane view, then your cursor is already where it needs to be. Else, click into the file area of the two-pane view.

3) Right click anywhere in this area (off of any file names), and select "New", and then "Shortcut".

4) Follow the directions for creating a shortcut. You'll be selecting the Proxomitron.exe program from it's installation direction, of course.

5) You're done.

Now, every time you boot, this shortcut will be executed, and Proxo will be running. You will need to use the tray icon only if you wish to change settings (config file, individual filters, turn on/off the log, etc.) The program itself started when the shortcut was executed, as well as putting the icon into the tray.

If this does not work for you, then we're have to go into the Registry. But let's try this first, eh? :P

Oddysey

I'm no longer in the rat race - the rats won't have me!