Key = "URL: Use Tor - "Blacklist" (Out)"
URL = "$LST(Torify)"
Replace = "$USEPROXY(127.0.0.1:8118)"

In = FALSE
Out = FALSE
Key = "URL: Use Tor - "Whitelist" (Out)"
URL = "(^$LST(Torify))"
Replace = "$USEPROXY(127.0.0.1:8118)"
Make sure only 1 of the above is active, depending on which "proxying" method you want to use.

Whitelist means that all sites listed in the "Torify" list will not be proxied, whereas all that are not listed are proxied. Blacklist will only hide your IP Address on sites listed in the "Torify" list.

1. Create a txt file named "Torify" in the Lists folder in your Proxomitron folder
  2. Open Proxomitron's Main GUI, go to Configure, Blockfile
  3. Click on "Add" and select your "Torify.txt" file
  4. Click on Open
  5. Replace "NewItem" with "Torify"
  6. Click on "OK"
  7. Save Configuration
  8. Add URLs to "Torify" listfile
  9. Reload Block Files OR exit and start Proxomitron for it to use the updated listfile
Visit this user's website
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Jan. 24, 2007, 09:58 PM
RE: Setting up Tor with Privoxy and Proxomitron
Hi all - I am a long time Proxo user, but my first post. I registered (selfishly) to get KyeU's Privoxy tweak at the beginning of this thread..to set up Tor and Privoxy to use with Proxo.

I had a question and an observation about Vidalia.

I dl'd the latest bundle of Tor, Privoxy and the Vidalia yesterday from Tor.
Using KyeU's config into the Privoxy folder and with a couple of tweaks on my firewall I had Browser>Proxo>Privoxy>Tor running fine.

That was with Tor running from the dos shortcut. As soon as I tried to start Tor with Vidalia the computer froze solid. Had to kill the power to restart. Happened three times (I'm kinda slow..) So I disinstalled Vidalia (also an onion if you didn't know).

Now I have a little batch file that I use to start Tor (the dos shortcut) and Privoxy when I want to use 'Remote Proxy' in Proxo to choose Tor. It works well, slow, but well

(As an aside, I also set up JAP thru Proxo yesterday, and that was slick, just 5 minutes all in, and works well, slow, but well).

Q: I am guessing that KyeU's config of Privoxy streamlines Privoxy so that there are no filters or any thing else working thru it, so that all it does is let Proxo (with desired config) get thru to Tor?

I also get a sense from reading that Privoxy may not be a long term companion for Tor, so I hope I can avoid learning anything about Privoxy...hehe

Thanks to KyeU for the great instruction page and the little snips of code.

Cheers

dmc
Jan. 24, 2007, 11:49 PM
pardon the side-note:

deadmanschest Wrote:...Vidalia (also an onion if you didn't know)
also a town in central Georgia...

but my first read was thinking Vidalia had something to do with Norse Mythology (ie, Sleipnir, the eight-legged horse of Odin [and a major web browser in Japan]), but upon verifying before posting, I was thinking of Valhalla...

Vallhalla, Vidalia... tomato (long a), tomato (short a)...
Jan. 25, 2007, 12:20 AM
Hey ProxRocks;

I believe that the onion is named for the Town of Vidalia, the sweet soil of Georgia the genesis of the fine onion. I'm in Canada, we only get the Vidalia on and off, and highly prized when they show up. Of course, there is also the Walla Walla (Wa.) and maybe the next gui for Tor will be the Walla Walla which is just fun to say....
Jan. 25, 2007, 12:48 AM
deadmanschest Wrote:...will be the Walla Walla which is just fun to say...
lol...
Feb. 19, 2007, 11:13 AM
Big Grin RE: Setting up Tor with Privoxy and Proxomitron
hey guys, perfect guide..works perfect, but i got a question related to javascript, i read somewhere using this combo proxo,tor,privoxy + adding the appropiate rules into ur firewall, one could browse lets say "youtube" with javascript enabled whitout revealing ur real ip etc?!

btw after setup should one install any special filters for proxomitron? or is it alright with default filters

thx for any tips
Feb. 19, 2007, 11:03 PM
If you're using the Proxo + Tor + Privoxy combo, all incoming and outgoing connections (passing through your Internet browser) should be routed through the Tor network, meaning that you can have Javascript enabled and view Youtube videos without revealing your real IP Address Smile!

Sidki has put a lot of work into his Proxomitron configuration set, where it is much more comprehensive than the default Proxomitron config set. You can check it out here:

http://prxbx.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=860

NOTE: If you do use his config set, you'll need to follow Step 1 in this guide to allow Proxomitron to route connections to Privoxy, and in turn, routing connections through the Tor network. Wink
Visit this user's website
Feb. 20, 2007, 12:05 PM
ty for the info Kye-U Wink
Jul. 05, 2007, 10:49 PM
Hello there,

I am trying to download this file so that I can setup proxomitron, tor, and privoxy together but I think it's been deleted? (indicated with an arrow)

2) Setting up Privoxy

1. Download the following file. <=========

2. Open it with WinRAR/WinZIP (or an uncompressor of your choice that supports ZIP Archives), and, making sure Privoxy is not running, extract all files to "C:\Program Files\Privoxy".

3. Click on "Yes to all" when it asks you if you would like to overwrite existing files.
Jul. 08, 2007, 01:28 AM
anyone?
Jul. 08, 2007, 02:10 AM
boilz4 Wrote:anyone?
Is it Privoxy Tor Settings.zip ?
Jul. 08, 2007, 06:50 AM
Sad
No sorry I'm not talking about that one, I'm talking about the one on 'step 2' of this guide http://prxbx.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=577&page=1

Where it states the following:

2) Setting up Privoxy

1. Download the following file. <======

If anyone has the file, please post asap. I am trying to use proxomitron, privoxy, and tor altogether for anonymization. Thanks in advance.

--
Peter
Jul. 08, 2007, 12:01 PM
Tor is a freakin' farse...
plain and simple...

how 'bout this: http://www.homelandstupidity.us/2006/04/...rotection/

so then, who is your ISP? do you "trust" that your ISP is not "logging" your EVERY move? and you are aware that they log that "anonymous" Tor activity as well, no?

or how 'bout this: http://tor.eff.org/
most specifically, "volunteering your bandwidth" and "we need your help!"...

you do realize that my "brother" is such a "volunteer"? (he's also volunteering bandwidth to some "in search of aliens" project, i'll let you define the "definition" of 'alien') no, there is no "PERMANENT log", it would violate his "contract" with Tor... but that does NOT mean that there is NO log "at all"... he DOES have a "real-time" window scrolling through all "Tor activity" using his "volunteered bandwidth" and "big brother" pays him to "manually" log any "suspicious activity"...

you have seen TV programs where child predators are "caught in the act", have you not? they show up at the house of a thirteen-year-old "girl" with a bag of "equipment" looking for "action" and bam, the news crew is there awaiting them with their own "bag of tricks"... do you not think that "some" of them are at least "smart enough" (the vast majority of said sect are just plain socially retarded if not mentally so as well) to ATTEMPT to conceal their identity by doing their illegal activity through Tor?

for one, there is an IP Address log to your posting "Tor setup" questions on this very forum... right there is the "easy" step to "catch" Tor users... catch them "wanting" to set up Tor, but unable to do so thus far... wham!, the IP Address is logged BEFORE they even get as far as being "anonymous" behind Tor...

two, how much "trust" do you have in your ISP's "logs"?

three, you actually "trust" some perfect stranger "volunteering bandwidth" more so than your "trust" in your own ISP?
Jul. 08, 2007, 01:30 PM
boilz4 Wrote:Sad
No sorry I'm not talking about that one, I'm talking about the one on 'step 2' of this guide http://prxbx.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=577&page=1

Where it states the following:

2) Setting up Privoxy

1. Download the following file. <======
That link leads to http://prxbx.com/forums/attachment.php?aid=28

The link I posted
http://prxbx.com/forums/attachment.php?aid=28
Its title is "Privoxy Tor Settings.zip"
The zip contains Privoxy files, config.txt, standard.action, default.action.

All things considered, I thought the links might be referring to the same file.

Sorry.
Jul. 08, 2007, 10:43 PM
You are right JJoe Smile!

It contains privoxy files, and those are the ones that I have to replace in the privoxy folder.

Anyway, before doing anything, I did backups of my privoxy files. I followed all the steps and I have replaced the privoxy files and overwrited them with the new ones. With all three programs up and running(proxomitron, privoxy, and tor) I am anonymized.

But I don't think proxomitron is doing it's job because usually it will show me if I have any blocked scripts when I open a browser, but it doesn't show me. Here are my configurations(screenshots) for proxomitron and firefox.

sorry if the screenshot is a little blurry.
[Image: firefoxproxomitronyx3.png]

Is the above correct? If so, what else do I need to do? Or if not, is there anything I need to change?

--
Peter