Problems with Proxomitron and Yahoo Messenger....
Feb. 10, 2006, 03:47 AM
Problems with Proxomitron and Yahoo Messenger....
Hi, guys. I really need some help with this. Whenever I either try to send files to someone through YIM or receive files from someone through YIM, an error always occurs. Here is the log showing what happens when I try to receive a file:

Quote:New Message Log Window....
BlockList 1106: in Bypass, line 27

+++GET 1106+++
HEAD /relay?token=**REMOVED**&sender=majestic12_007_1&recver=sorsdivjus HTTP/1.1
Accept: */*
Cookie: **REMOVED**
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5)
Host: **REMOVED**
Content-Length: 0
Pragma: no-cache
Connection: keep-alive
Browser reload detected...
Posting 0 bytes...

+++RESP 1106+++
HTTP/1.1 200 (No headers)
Server: Unknown, missing HTTP headers
+++CLOSE 1106+++
BlockList 1107: in Bypass, line 27

+++GET 1107+++
GET /relay?token=**REMOVED**&sender=majestic12_007_1&recver=sorsdivjus HTTP/1.1

+++RESP 1107+++
HTTP/1.1 200 (No headers)
Server: Unknown, missing HTTP headers
+++CLOSE 1107+++

And here is the log showing what happens when I try to send a file:

Quote:*** Log Reset ***
BlockList 1201: in Bypass, line 27

+++GET 1201+++
POST /relay?token=**REMOVED**&sender=majestic12_007_1&recver=sorsdivjus HTTP/1.1
Referer: FOIF6AUPOZXS240
Content-Length: 1299247
Pragma: no-cache
Browser reload detected...
Posting 1299247 bytes...
+++CLOSE 1201+++

(In the case of sending, the file does not go through.)

That being said, is there anything anyone can do to help me? Sad Thanks in advance. Smile!
Quote this message in a reply
Feb. 10, 2006, 06:28 AM

I don't have messenger but
Quote:Server: Unknown, missing HTTP headers
Does it work with Proxomitron in Bypass?
If so compare the logs and try to fix the headers.

HTH
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Feb. 10, 2006, 07:25 AM

Yes, I tried it in bypass. I placed the required entry in the proxo bypass list, yet it does not work. As you can see from the log, the site is getting bypassed, yet the transfers still fail. For the record, I also tried it with proxomitron in bypass mode, but that didn't work, either. The same messages appear in the log. Also, I do not understand why Yahoo continues to send stuff through proxomitron if I have it set up so that it does NOT connect through proxies (local or otherwise). Is there something I am missing? Why do transfers continue to pass through proxo?

Just so you know, the specific sites yahoo uses for file transfers are:

*.msg.dcn.yahoo.com
*.msg.scd.yahoo.com

I also tried adding those to my bypass list, but no luck. In any event, both of those are covered by the entry I currently have in there, which is */relay?token=*.
Feb. 10, 2006, 03:51 PM

Maji Wrote:For the record, I also tried it with proxomitron in bypass mode, but that didn't work, either.
This means Proxomitron can't fix it.
Firewall, router, or maybe ISP.
Maji Wrote:Also, I do not understand why Yahoo continues to send stuff through proxomitron if I have it set up so that it does NOT connect through proxies (local or otherwise). Is there something I am missing? Why do transfers continue to pass through proxo?
Maybe Messenger is broken. Doesn't it update itself continuously? Perhaps a re-install.
Best I can do is
http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/messenger/...in-01.html
If you set IE to not use a proxy does Messenger continue to use Proxomitron?

HTH
Feb. 10, 2006, 05:09 PM

I know my firewall isn't the issue, nor is my router. Voice chatting and web cam broadcasting both work, so it stands to reason that file transfers should work, as well. I know that it has something to do with transfers passing through proxomitron, but I do not know if switching the local proxy off in IE will allow YIM to sucessfully send and receive files. I will attempt it later with a friend of mine and let you know what transpires. Smile!
Feb. 11, 2006, 03:26 PM

Maji Wrote:I know my firewall isn't the issue, nor is my router. Voice chatting and web cam broadcasting both work, so it stands to reason that file transfers should work, as well. I know that it has something to do with transfers passing through proxomitron, but I do not know if switching the local proxy off in IE will allow YIM to sucessfully send and receive files. I will attempt it later with a friend of mine and let you know what transpires. Smile!

Unfortunately, that did not do the trick either. Now I'm just out of ideas as to how to handle this. Sad
Feb. 12, 2006, 03:07 AM

If you exit Proxomitron, does Yahoo Messenger work or does it complain about a missing proxy or...?
Feb. 12, 2006, 06:33 AM

Exiting proxo while leaving the proxy enabled in IE & exiting proxo and disabling the proxy in IE both yield the same results. Sad
Feb. 12, 2006, 07:20 AM

Removed private information in the first post Wink
Visit this user's website
Feb. 12, 2006, 04:30 PM

Kye-U Wrote:Removed private information in the first post Wink
Wasn't the IP just a Yahoo server?
However, aren't the "sender" and "recver" values like email addresses?
Feb. 12, 2006, 04:32 PM

Maji Wrote:Exiting proxo while leaving the proxy enabled in IE & exiting proxo and disabling the proxy in IE both yield the same results. Sad
So Messenger always finds a way out.
Hmm...

http://help.yahoo.com/help/aa/mesg/use/use-17.html

Quote:If you are trying to connect from behind a firewall that doesn't use proxy servers, Yahoo! Messenger will automatically search the firewall for an open port, and, if it finds one, use that to connect.

http://www.helpbytes.co.uk/yconnect.php looks helpful. Says there are 4 connection options. One of which is "No Network Detection".
Quote:Recommended for everyone who doesn't require a proxy server, and has firewall control. The firewall option doesn't care that you open ports, it automatically blocks, this option does not perform any detection of your network type.

Also says this about File transfer.
Quote:TCP Port 80: Server Access.
Your ISP may block this port, as its used for web hosting.
You can change port in Messenger, Preferences, File Transfer.

Are you set to allow Server access on port 80?
Next I'd look at changing the port used for transfers.
This still feels like a configuration problem to me.
I'm just guessing tho.

HTH
Feb. 13, 2006, 02:33 AM

That's the problem. The newer versions of YIM do NOT use the YServer module, and it is this YServer.exe file which uses those connection settings (such as port number). Instead, newer versions of yahoo attempt direct connections between peers (through a P2P-like system), and I believe this is what is causing the problem. YPager.exe is attempting a direct connection to the other client, and proxomitron, through one way or another, is interfering with the transfer. I have no idea how to resolve this.