Process Explorer_"one cool Proggie"
Mar. 05, 2006, 08:17 PM
Process Explorer_"one cool Proggie"
Hi "Guys",
Here is a nice little proggie that I found that I think is very cool, . . .it's called Process Explorer. It can replace the Task Manager and can give You a ton of info. like, . .

# The process column is locked on the left side so that it doesn't scroll horizontally out of view
# You can configure custom column selections and save them as easy-to-access column sets
# Image verification option now verifies images in the background
# More refresh intervals
# Runas menu entry in the File menu
# Run as Limited User menu entry in the File menu to run a process without administrative privileges and group membership
# Process menu includes Restart item to kill and then restart a selected process
# Can suspend individual threads on Threads page of Process Properties dialog
# The Find Window target moves Process Explorer's main window to the back to get it out of the way
# Close Window command uses same End Task functionality as Task Manager
# Show New Processes option scrolls display to make new processes visible
# Heuristics to detect more image packers
# User name of account in which Process Explorer is running is shown in the title bar
# Services can be stopped, resumed, and paused from the Services tab of the Process Properties dialog
# The DLLs that host SvcHost processes are listed in the Services tab of the Process Properties dialog
# Services running within a process display on the process' tooltip
# As a parallel to the CPU Usage History column there's now a Private Bytes Usage History column
# The Process view includes columns that show the working set breakdown of the process in shared, shareable and private pages
# New delta private-bytes column to show changes in private virtual memory usage
# Can copy lines from the Process, DLL and Handle views to the clipboard
# Option to show pagefile-backed (unnamed) sections in DLL view
# DLL and handle searching consolidated
# The DLL view includes columns that show the working set contributions in shared, shareable, and private pages
# The DLL a Rundll32 process hosts is shown in its process tooltip
# Packed DLL highlighting in DLL view
# Image signing verification available for DLLs
# Better DLL properties dialog
# Object address shown in Object Properties dialog
# File object share flags column for Handle view

You "Guys" might be already up on this, but just in case you haven't taken a look at this little proggie, . . .
"Click Here"
Later,
"JaK" Cool
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Mar. 07, 2006, 06:53 PM

I have been using it for a while and it just keeps getting better as do all their tools.

Get hpHOSTS!
Jan. 20, 2007, 08:59 PM
RE: Process Explorer_"one cool Proggie"
I just found something kind of interesting. If you go to this website now, it takes you to a sysinternals section on microsoft's website. I wonder if they bought them.

�{=(~�::[Shea]::��~)=}�
How 'bout you sideburns, you want some of this milk?
This fading text is pretty cool, eh? I bet you wish you had some.
Jan. 21, 2007, 06:36 AM
RE: Process Explorer_"one cool Proggie"
Yeah, Microsoft bought SysInternals sometime last July (Russinovich was made a Microsoft MVP not long ago).

http://blogs.msdn.com/tomarcher/archive/...69894.aspx

Quote:Microsoft Acquires SysInternals

From the standpoint of someone working at Microsoft and responsible for the Windows SDK, this is incredible news. We are basically acquiring some of the best tools for that space (low-level, hard-core devs) as well as the services of two very talented people in Mark Russinovich and Bryce Cogswell. (I actually had the pleasure of meeting Mark some years ago when I ran CodeGuru and on top of being extremely intelligent he's also a very cool person).
Visit this user's website