in re: that music info thing that was just locked.....
Apr. 04, 2006, 07:18 PM
in re: that music info thing that was just locked.....
Kye-U,

This is what, the the third or fourth time in recent months that we've been hit with a bogus poster? I humbly suggest that it may be time to consider requiring posters to be members. Ostensibly, one can still read everything even if they don't sign up, but to actually ask questions or add content in any other way, they should go through the additional hoops. I don't think that real contributors will mind in the least, if they are sincere about Proxo.

Just my 2 krugerrands worth. Dead

Oddysey

I'm no longer in the rat race - the rats won't have me!
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Apr. 04, 2006, 10:42 PM

I second that!
but then again, you already knew that... Big Teeth

of course, having been a bit "obtuse" of late, my 2 krugerrands may not be worth nearly as much as Odd's...
Apr. 04, 2006, 11:56 PM

One more time, and I will implement the member-only post-system.

Wink
Visit this user's website
Apr. 05, 2006, 11:34 PM

Kye-U Wrote:One more time, and I will implement the member-only post-system.

Wink
pssst! hey, proxrocks, over here.... pssst! hey man, have you heard? Yeah, man listen to this. Fearless Leader's gonna nuke open postings next time some little sod gives us the big blammo. Shame You thinkin' what I'm thinkin' here? In Awe

Shhh Hey, don't tell anyone, I won't say anything either. OK, man, I gotta go too, catchya on the rebound.

Whistling

Whistling

Oh, hey, hiya Kye-U, howzit go... What? Say what? I 'accidentally' posted in the forum my private message to the ProxRocks? Yer kiddin', right? No? Uh oh. Uhhh, does this mean that I lose my merit badge for good netizenship? Err, how can I make it up to you, little buddy? Would it do any good to remind you that it's April Fools Day, at least it is where I live? You sure? Gee, thanks friend, I purely do mean to tell you, I'll be sure to pay more attention from now on. Yeah, thanks again. OK, see ya!

Oddsey

(This message was only a test. Had it been a real message, you would have been instructed to take the contents thereof literally. Absent said instructions, you will now turn off your computer, and go outside and play with your kids/dog/whatever. Do it now.)

Apr. 06, 2006, 12:06 AM

lol...

yeah, it would be EXTREMELY easy to just post some "ramblings" via the computer at the library and sign it "Guest", lol...

but in all seriousness - Kye-U, out of curiosity, something tells me that those "rambling" GUESTS probably come from an IP address that has been to this forum ONCE... and during that "one-stop", they posted their "ramblings" and have NEVER even returned to see if said "rambling" has EVER been replied to, let alone LOCKED...

how many times has that "music info" poster, by way of IP, stopped by?
how many times has that "unknown tongue" poster, by way of IP, stopped by?

my "hunch" is that it's like some chaotic SPAMMER via email, obtaining a forged email address from which to solicit from and NEVER returning to forged email address to even see how many have "bounced"... only the "new spam" is to post a few 'chaotic links' into message boards that allow 'guests' to do so...

ps - Odd, you should know me better than that - whether I'm here to HELP people (which I frequently do [albeit my expertise isn't as acclaimed as many]) or whether I'm here to just "stir the pot", I do so under NO DISGUISE WHATSOEVER... Sure, I could 'ramble about' in a Dell Outlet thread, as an example, te he, under the name Mark Twain instead of Samuel Clemens, but that just wouldn't be ME, now would it? lol...
Apr. 06, 2006, 01:42 AM

ProxRocks Wrote:but in all seriousness - Kye-U, out of curiosity, something tells me that those "rambling" GUESTS probably come from an IP address that has been to this forum ONCE... and during that "one-stop", they posted their "ramblings" and have NEVER even returned to see if said "rambling" has EVER been replied to, let alone LOCKED...

They used a russian proxy, but I have banned each subnet. It's happened around 3 times in total so far, but it seems to be getting more frequent, which is why I will implement the registered-only posting system if this happens once more Wink
Visit this user's website
Apr. 06, 2006, 07:18 PM

Thanks, Kye-U. Not that I look forward to it, but such is life on the information crawlway, right? Crazy

Cheers

ProxRocks,

Yeah, I was just havin' some fun, that's all. It wouldn't be true to blame in on the meds, now would it? Shame

Cheers to you too!

Oddysey