SSL traffic
May. 27, 2006, 09:50 PM
Question SSL traffic
Hello,

if I understand correctly, BFilter does not support SSL, so SSL traffic has to be specified wihtout proxy in browser settings.

I'm trying to set up BFilter as upstream proxy server for ISA 2000. In ISA, I don't see how I can route SSL and HTTP requests separately (HTTP would go to upstream server, while SSL would go directly). Isn't there a way to make SSL traffic pass-thru, like in Proxomitron?

thanks,

Vadim Rapp
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
May. 28, 2006, 06:45 AM
RE: SSL traffic
Well, browsers support different proxies for HTTP and SSL. Why not set BFilter for HTTP and either set no proxy for SSL or set it to use a different proxy?
Jun. 26, 2006, 08:16 PM
Because I want users' traffic first go to ISA. ISA checks authentication (which allows to generate statistics etc.), plus it has content rules, so non-admin won't download files, etc.

But in ISA I can't specify that I want non-SSL requests to go to upstream proxy (bfilter), and SSL to go directly.
Jun. 26, 2006, 09:55 PM
OK, that's a valid point. I'll add a TODO item, and I think this one won't have to wait for too long.
Jun. 28, 2006, 03:21 PM
much thanks, looking forward to it.

By the way, I looked but couldn't find the link "donate" on the webpage.
Jun. 28, 2006, 04:55 PM
Quote:much thanks, looking forward to it.
It's going to be in the next release. It's mostly done already.

Quote:By the way, I looked but couldn't find the link "donate" on the webpage.
I did a little research of how much donations other projects get, and I figured out that with 30 downloads a day, I would get maybe $20 a month. So I decided not to bother.