Date format
Jun. 20, 2006, 08:45 AM
Date format
Hello Kye-U!!

I make you a small sugest, the format of the date would be more confortable to all if would be in database format, year-month-day. When i read the last message of sidki, i thinked it was in the first of may, but really was the 5 of January Think D'oh! Really, the format it's not very important, but would be more confortable for all. Thanks in advance.
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Jun. 20, 2006, 10:31 AM
RE: Date format
I *disagree* - quite strongly, in fact...

If you do an IP Address Lookup, you'll note that this site is hosted in Dallas, Texas of the UNITED STATES...

As the saying goes, "When in Rome, do as the Romans do"...

In "the States", unless you're in the military, date format is MONTH-DAY-YEAR, NOT year-month-day...
Jun. 20, 2006, 04:21 PM
I agree. If you changed the format, people that are used to the old format will get confused just as you are now. I guess he could change it to be the abbreviation of the month-day-year or something to make it more clear.

May-05-2006
Nov-13-2005

�{=(~�::[Shea]::��~)=}�
How 'bout you sideburns, you want some of this milk?
This fading text is pretty cool, eh? I bet you wish you had some.
Jun. 20, 2006, 06:01 PM
Is the new format alright? Wink

I would think that this format is more clear and "standard" than the pure-decimal form Smile!
Visit this user's website
Jun. 20, 2006, 06:07 PM
Agreed... I like...
Jun. 21, 2006, 05:59 AM
What, the international standard is not good enough for you?
Jun. 21, 2006, 07:47 AM
re: Date format
Siamesecat
Quote:What, the international standard is not good enough for you?
Ah, but if that were to be the case, then we'd all be doing this in metric, right? In point of fact, while ProxRocks has it correct vis-a-vis the location of the host server, our Fearless Leader is in Canada..... just be glad he doesn't make us use Imperial units! >:]

Oddysey

p.s. And for the record, if we're gonna deal with the whole world, the Chinese alone have more than half the total planet population. You really don't want to spell out the date as Rooster/6/21, do you? Whistling

I'm no longer in the rat race - the rats won't have me!
Jun. 21, 2006, 08:42 AM (This post was last modified: Jun. 21, 2006 08:54 AM by lnminente.)
Agree. Now it's more confortable for the non North American people. Maaaany thanks Smile!

To ProxRocks: I born in spain, i am living now in Germany and i am writing you in english. Think in make the things more easy for all, doesn't matter where you are...
Jun. 21, 2006, 10:04 AM (This post was last modified: Jun. 21, 2006 04:37 PM by ProxRocks.)
Oddysey Wrote:You really don't want to spell out the date as Rooster/6/21, do you? Whistling

you're off by a year, buddy...
the Year of the Rooster was LAST year, this is the Year of the Dog...

guess my point was that why should the web site be "written" in 'tongues' when only 2% (probably a high estimate) of this site's audience can "read" 'tongues' "instinctively" (without having to mentally "decode" the message or hold it up to a mirror and read the Aramaic while hanging from the shower curtain rod)...

edit: as a side-note, I've been to China (and when in China, do as the Chinese)... and know (but FAR from fluently) Latin, Spanish, French, Italian, and German... and have a Kanji (Japanese form of writing using Chinese characters) sign above my desk which translates to "Do Not Disturb"...
Jun. 22, 2006, 07:33 AM
Oddysey,
Quote:our Fearless Leader is in Canada..... just be glad he doesn't make us use Imperial units!
Don't you know Canada went metric?
Jun. 22, 2006, 12:30 PM
WHAT?!

We did?
Visit this user's website
Jun. 22, 2006, 02:03 PM
having a "national standard" is pointless anyway...

in engineering, i swap back and forth from the "English System" to the 'quote-unquote' "international" metric system hundreds of times per day (that's no exaggeration, either)...

in investing, it seems i deal with euros, pounds, yen, and yuan (only as of recently, China was "locked" to the dollar for eons) more than "dollars" (actually, you learn to make life easy and deal strictly with percentages)...