Firefox 2.0 - Mozilla FTP...
Oct. 23, 2006, 06:20 PM
Firefox 2.0 - Mozilla FTP...
http://ftp.releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozi...eases/2.0/
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Oct. 24, 2006, 06:27 PM
RE: Firefox 2.0 - Mozilla FTP...
ProxRocks Wrote:http://ftp.releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozi...eases/2.0/

This from the guy who proclaims the word "Dead" in front of every utterance of "Fox"?????

Won't wonders never cease! Smile!

Oddysey

I'm no longer in the rat race - the rats won't have me!
Oct. 24, 2006, 07:19 PM
lol...
no worries, I all but saw that one coming...

the "fox den" has wised up to the fact that they too are not "immune", so the point has been all but rendered mute (and thereby has lost its "appeal", lol)... [recall, I used to use Firefox long, LONG before it was called even Firebird... during the Firebird years, the "dead bird" caused a complete crash that needed a format c:\ to recover, Internet Explorer has never done that to me - knock on wood... of course, back then I was a lot less "computer literate" than today, so maybe, just maybe, that "format c:\" was 'overkill'...]

from this point forward, I'm sure we are all in agreement that the whole "browser wars" is MORE about "preference" than "vulnerabilities", vulnerabilities that were true more than a DECADE ago, but said "vulnerabilities" are no longer a "valid" justification for browser selection... CSS2? Well, again, a matter of "preference"... I can't say as I ever needed CSS2-compatability...

I now "unadmittedly" admit that I keep the latest Firefox and Opera (among several others, btw) around solely for the "benefit" of my Proxomitron 'knowledge'... I would like to think that "someday" (distant as it may be) I will be 'smart' enough to "go public" with my own Proxo config... And that certainly can NOT be done without a certain "knowledge" of 'differences' amongst, primarily, IE, Firefox, and Opera...

above all else, my "allegiance" is to PROXOMITRON... Big Teeth
if that means keeping a browser around that was once directly responsible for the ol' format c:\, then I guess I am willing to do that...

After all, me "discrediting" Firefox based on a Firebird experience nearly a DECADE ago is actually no worse than some newbie Firefox user boldly proclaiming s/he uses Firefox based on security "vulnerabilities" that too are nearly a DECADE old... the "hype" around Firefox amazes me (perhaps it takes Firefox users a "format c:\" to see it for themselves)...

(ps - "see what you started", lol...)
Oct. 24, 2006, 10:25 PM
ProxRocks Wrote:lol...
no worries, I all but saw that one coming...

the "fox den" has wised up to the fact that they too are not "immune", so the point has been all but rendered mute (and thereby has lost its "appeal", lol)... [recall, I used to use Firefox long, LONG before it was called even Firebird... during the Firebird years, the "dead bird" caused a complete crash that needed a format c:\ to recover, Internet Explorer has never done that to me - knock on wood... of course, back then I was a lot less "computer literate" than today, so maybe, just maybe, that "format c:\" was 'overkill'...]

from this point forward, I'm sure we are all in agreement that the whole "browser wars" is MORE about "preference" than "vulnerabilities", vulnerabilities that were true more than a DECADE ago, but said "vulnerabilities" are no longer a "valid" justification for browser selection... CSS2? Well, again, a matter of "preference"... I can't say as I ever needed CSS2-compatability...

I now "unadmittedly" admit that I keep the latest Firefox and Opera (among several others, btw) around solely for the "benefit" of my Proxomitron 'knowledge'... I would like to think that "someday" (distant as it may be) I will be 'smart' enough to "go public" with my own Proxo config... And that certainly can NOT be done without a certain "knowledge" of 'differences' amongst, primarily, IE, Firefox, and Opera...

above all else, my "allegiance" is to PROXOMITRON... Big Teeth
if that means keeping a browser around that was once directly responsible for the ol' format c:\, then I guess I am willing to do that...

After all, me "discrediting" Firefox based on a Firebird experience nearly a DECADE ago is actually no worse than some newbie Firefox user boldly proclaiming s/he uses Firefox based on security "vulnerabilities" that too are nearly a DECADE old... the "hype" around Firefox amazes me (perhaps it takes Firefox users a "format c:\" to see it for themselves)...

(ps - "see what you started", lol...)

Most of the "hype" around FF is the fact that it isn't a m$ product. For people that don't harbour any resentments towards MS, it is just another browser. I don't really care for FF but if others like it, more power to them.
Oct. 25, 2006, 05:12 AM
Quote:Most of the "hype" around FF is the fact that it isn't a m$ product. For people that don't harbour any resentments towards MS, it is just another browser. I don't really care for FF but if others like it, more power to them.
Yeah, gotta agree with besafe on that one. For me it's nothing more than another style of interface, the most obvious difference being the tab instead of just using another instance of your nominal browser. (MDI instead of SDI) Can't say that it's a bad thing, but it certainly doesn't do anything I can't already do with IE.

Now, of course, if FF (or Opera, et al) were to actually outperform Proxo in the arena of re-writing a web page to appear as I want it (and not just eliminate some ads), then I might get a bit more interested. But I'm not holding my breath, and I don't advise anyone else to do so, either. Smile!

Oddysey

I'm no longer in the rat race - the rats won't have me!
Oct. 30, 2006, 02:42 PM
On a serious note:
http://listvine.com/2006/10/25/9-reasons...irefox-20/

Generally speaking, I'm all for the "latest-and-greatest"...
I've evolved into a creature that keeps Firefox and Opera around primarily for my Proxo knowledge and for browser-specific Proxo filters...

Given the above link, what is the opinion of you Firefox users?
Is the "latest-and-greatest" actually 1.5.0.7 or the new 2.0?
Oct. 31, 2006, 05:54 AM
2.0 is better. Since switching, I have not had a Firefox process running without an interface in Windows.