Can't logon
Mar. 19, 2007, 08:25 PM
Can't logon
Hi,
I downloaded and installed the last version of Proxo (Naoko 4.5) plus Sidki's Configuration Pack (2006-09-03) and set it to use the 1.3 Standard Mode. Other than that I have changed nothing. I use both the latest Firefox and Opera with all cookies plus the cache set as session only. Since then whenever I try to logon to any forum I either get thrown out and asked to logon again or I don't get logged on at all. Clicking the Bypass Proxomitron tab has no effect and the only way I can avoid this is to actually disconnect Proxomitron from within the browser.
Anybody have any suggestions?
Thanx
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Mar. 20, 2007, 03:07 PM
RE: Can't logon
Including this forum? I've not had this problem. I also have the browsers set to delete cache and cookies at close.

Do you have a software Firewall or some other program that might need to be told about the Proxomitron or object to same?

Is the browser sending a correct User-Agent?
Mar. 21, 2007, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the reply.
To get a bit more specific. When I first installed the 4.5 last year it was with Grypen-s filter set from July last year merged with with kye-u's. No logon problem at all at first. Then, without having changed or added anything (at least that I'm aware of), it suddenly started making forum logon a hell. So then I decided to deinstall Proxo and then reinstall without any packs. It worked ok for about a week and then the same thing happened. So I added Sidiki's pack thinking this would clear things up but it didn't. In fact as of yesterday I can't even logon anywhere at all. I'm using Zone Alarm pro as my firewall but it's set to allow Proxomitron access. As far as the correct User-Agent goes I was using the user agent switch with Firefox but even with this turned off the results are the same. The interesting thing is that with the second xp computer on my LAN Proxo still works fine with the original Grypen's and kyeu-u's merged filter sets. Same browsers, same everything else..
Mar. 21, 2007, 03:24 PM
liquidslam Wrote:I'm using Zone Alarm pro as my firewall but it's set to allow Proxomitron access.
ZAPro filters (or blocks) scripts, cookies, and etc. Some of these are used by many forums.
I'm not sure what the Proxomitron is doing while in bypass that would trigger action from ZAPro, however.
liquidslam Wrote:The interesting thing is that with the second xp computer on my LAN Proxo still works fine with the original Grypen's and kyeu-u's merged filter sets. Same browsers, same everything else..
I'd guess that something is different. Wink
Maybe ZAPro's settings.
Maybe some that you can't see or change easily.
http://www.zonelabs.com.au/faq/default.asp?faq=33
Maybe something on the "Privacy Panel".

I assume you have a NAT router with hardware firewall, can you login with ZAPro off?

http://www.google.com/search?q=Zone+Alar...kies+logon

HTH
Mar. 22, 2007, 06:19 PM
Yes! Thanks to your Zonelabs link I discovered that I just needed to reset the privacy settings to default (as I now discover they were all along on my second computer), and after that all doors were opened.Many thanks and you've got my vote for another gold star.
By the way, whenever I boot my computer I notice that Proxo automatically resets itself to the default configuration which means that each time I have to reload Sidki's config. The save changes icon on proxo's interface is grayed out under Sidki.
Mar. 22, 2007, 08:31 PM
liquidslam Wrote:By the way, whenever I boot my computer I notice that Proxo automatically resets itself to the default configuration which means that each time I have to reload Sidki's config.
http://www.geocities.com/sidki3003/prox/...ReadMe.txt
sidki Wrote:Alternatively, you can launch Proxomitron with the full path to the config
appended to a normal Windows created shortcut. Like:
"X:\PATH TO PROX\Proxomitron.exe" "X:\PATH TO PROX\sidki_xxxx-xx-xx.ptron"
liquidslam Wrote:The save changes icon on proxo's interface is grayed out under Sidki.
http://mizzmona.com/proxomitron/notes/
Mona Wrote:To reactivate "greyed" Save icon, select "Config", click OK.
Proxo has some wonderful friends. Smile!

Have fun