Author Topic: Yahoo Messenger  (Read 1434 times)

Gryphon

• ICQ Messenger -
    • AOL Instant Messenger -
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger -
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gryphons-eyrie.com/
    • Email
Yahoo Messenger
« on: April 20, 2002, 05:25:11 PM »
Okay, I just downloaded and installed Proxomitron last night.  For the most part . . . I'm quite happy!

But; I can't use Yahoo Messenger -- at *all!*

It lets me sign in -- but, anything else -- and I mean ANYTHING -- I get the following message:  YPAGER has caused an error in ypager.exe.  YPAGER will now close.

I've set the proxy server to the same settings as the Proxomitron, and that doesn't help.  It's got to be something in the Proxomitron -- I was fine, right before I downloaded and installed it.

Any suggestions?  Is there something I can turn off, to fix this?

Gryphon

If reality is subjective, can we change the subject, now?
If reality is subjective, can we change the subject, now?

JakBeNymble

• ICQ Messenger -
    • AOL Instant Messenger -
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger -
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Yahoo Messenger
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2002, 02:39:11 AM »
Hi "Gryphon",
            Welcome to(What I believe is) the Best FORUM on the Net! Glad that you are here! I have run into that same problem lately with Yahoo messenger, too. Can you by-pass Proxo and messenger run ok? If it runs ok without it, then you might need to set an exception in proxo's "cookielist or by-pass"list for the messenger. If it still doesn't work then Yahoo is up-dating there server or something of that nature. Also Messenger uses cookies when you sign in just like their e-mail service. Put this in Proxo's "Cookie List", it will 'allow cookies' on hotmail & Yahoo.(Just in case you have hotmail, too.
[^/]++.(hotmail.msn.com|hotmail.passport.com|services.msn.com|hotmail.com|yahoo|wyimg.com)
And again Welcome to the FORUM, Keep in touch, and I hope that you have a Pleasant & Blessed Week-End, MY FRIEND!
"Jak"