The Un-Official Proxomitron Forum
Hello,All - Printable Version

+- The Un-Official Proxomitron Forum (https://www.prxbx.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Proxomitron Filters (/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Forum: Others (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Hello,All (/showthread.php?tid=130)

- Jaded_Goth - Jul. 01, 2004 06:24 PM

Just wanted to say "Hi",and compliment you on this brilliant site.

I was fortunate enough to happen across Proxomitron a couple of days ago.I can't praise it enough,and am a total convert,already.

I first tested it on I.E.6,since I wouldn't have been too devastated if I broke that via my own incompetance!Have to say,even with my limited knowledge of complex Proxomitron settings,the difference it made was staggering.

So,before I go and rig it up to work with beloved Firefox,please permit me to ask the following dumb questions;

Does the Proxomitron over-ride software firewall settings?

Does it conflict with any security apps already in place?(I'm sure Proxomitron is configurable to a level of security vastly superior to other programmes,but,I don't trust my own ability to programme it,yet.)

Is there a guide anywhere to the general settings on each interface?Or do I need to download scripts to implement any of the settings beyond the default level?

Til I learn how to use it properly,I'm only visiting sites I trust.

Many thanks,

Jaded_Goth

- Kye-U - Jul. 01, 2004 08:30 PM

Welcome Jaded_Goth!

Quote:Does the Proxomitron over-ride software firewall settings?

Nope, you only set it as the HTTP Proxy in the browser, and it should work. I do not know of any firewall that sets a HTTP proxy to surf through [unsure]

Quote:Does it conflict with any security apps already in place?(I'm sure Proxomitron is configurable to a level of security vastly superior to other programmes,but,I don't trust my own ability to programme it,yet.)

I shouldn't think so. I have many other security applications installed other than Proxomitron. No conflicts here. Proxomitron is a gentle and friendly program!

Quote:Is there a guide anywhere to the general settings on each interface?Or do I need to download scripts to implement any of the settings beyond the default level?

Here is a very good and in-depth guide:

http://sankey.ws/proxomitron.html

Hope that helps!

- Shea - Jul. 01, 2004 09:28 PM

You may also want to try ProxoPatcher to make the interface a little more user-friendly. And Welcome Jaded_Goth!

- Jaded_Goth - Jul. 01, 2004 10:05 PM

Thanks for the welcome + answers.I'll check out those links now.

Loaded the Sidki config earlier.Enjoyed a good chortle at the superb style with which it dispensed with extraneous junk on pcworld!

Really pleased I can visit that useful site again.

See you later.

Edit:Shea,the Proxopatcher is great.The interface is far more intuitive,now.Thanks!