The Un-Official Proxomitron Forum
Google Light Theme - fixed 2010-05-06 - Printable Version

+- The Un-Official Proxomitron Forum (https://www.prxbx.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Proxomitron Config Sets (/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Forum: Sidki (/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Google Light Theme - fixed 2010-05-06 (/showthread.php?tid=1613)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Google Light Theme - fixed 2010-05-06 - ProxRocks - May. 08, 2010 07:20 PM

they show in red only when imported but not saved...
have you tried "saving" the config, exiting/restarting browser (to clear cache), and exiting/restarting Proxo (to see if those filters are still there and NOT shown in red)...

RE: Google Light Theme - fixed 2010-05-06 - newbee - May. 08, 2010 07:59 PM

Thanks for your reply. I have now saved the new config, cleared browser's cache (and restarted it plus tried with K-Meleon browser). Btw, it seems to my neophyte eyes that it's only the "color painting" that is not working, but I can be missing some other filterings that should also be there...

RE: Google Light Theme - fixed 2010-05-06 - ProxRocks - May. 08, 2010 08:09 PM

your "alt display" filter is dated 9.02.09...

you will need to import/save the "Google Search: Alternate Display 9.04.30 (multi) [sd ku] (d.s)" filter from the very top of this thread, that should get you rolling...

RE: Google Light Theme - fixed 2010-05-06 - newbee - May. 08, 2010 08:33 PM

(May. 08, 2010 08:09 PM)ProxRocks Wrote:  your "alt display" filter is dated 9.02.09...
Mucho gracias ProxRocks, that did it!
Thanks for putting me on rolling again... :-)

RE: Google Light Theme - fixed 2010-05-06 - OZO - May. 09, 2010 02:32 AM

Guys, if you want to keep left side bar and, at the same time, use whole real estate of the page, here is yet another code for your pleasure. If you use all of the filters below Google page will hide the left side bar, when you load the page. There will be a small blue triangle where the side bar supposed to be. Click on it and it will show the hidden side bar. To hide it - hit the tirangle again...
Code:
Name = ". ++ Google Light Theme     10.05.08 (!nn) [ozo] (o.s)"
Active = TRUE
URL = "$TYPE(htm)www.google.(^$TST(hOrigUA=mozilla/4.[1-9](^*opera)*))[^:/]+/(intl/[^/]+/(^?)|search\?(^q\=cache:)|webhp|(^?))"
Limit = 32
Match = "<style( id=\"themed\"*>$INEST(<style,//-->|-->|</style))\1(*</style >)\2"
Replace = "<style\1\r\n"
          "/* Google Light Theme */\r\n"
          "a {text-decoration: none;}\r\n"
          "a:link, .q a:link, a.toplink:visited {color: #00A !important;}\r\n"
          "a:visited {color: #A0D;}\r\n"
          "a:active, .q a:active, a.fl:active {color: #D00 !important;}\r\n"
          "a:hover, .q a:hover, a.fl:hover {text-decoration: underline; color: #000 !important;}\r\n"
          "a.ProXPref:hover {color: #379CCD;}\r\n"
          "a.ProXPrefJs {color: #008 !important; }\r\n"
          "a.ProXPrefJs:visited {color: #A0D !important;}\r\n"
          "a.ProXPrefJs:active {color: #D00 !important;}\r\n"
          "a.ProXPrefJs:hover {color: #000 !important;}\r\n"
          ".odd {background: #F0F0FE; margin-bottom:0.7em !important;}\r\n"
          ".even {background: #F0FEF0; margin-bottom:0.7em !important;}\r\n"
          ".s {max-width: none !important; width: auto !important;}\r\n"
          "li {padding-left: .5em; padding-right: .5em;}\r\n"
          ".g {line-height: 16px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;}\r\n"
          "div.mainspace {line-height: 3px;}\r\n"
          "div#cnt {max-width: none;}\r\n"
          "div.tsf-p {max-width: none; margin:0 1em;}/*make query window wider*/\r\n"
          "/* Fixing center column: */\r\n"
          "#center_col { margin: 0px; padding:0px;}\r\n"
          "\2"

Name = ". ++ Google - Hide left bar     10.05.08 (!nn) [ozo] (o.s)"
Active = TRUE
URL = "$TYPE(htm)www.google.(^$TST(hOrigUA=mozilla/4.[1-9](^*opera)*))[^:/]+/(intl/[^/]+/(^?)|search\?(^q\=cache:)|webhp|(^?))"
Limit = 15000
Match = "(<div id=leftnav)\1"
Replace = "\r\n<!-- Hide LeftNav Bar -->\r\n<style>#leftnav {visibility:hidden;border:solid 1px blue;}</style>\r\n<div style=\"position:absolute;top:-1.5em;left:0.2em;cursor:pointer;color:blue;font-size:75%;\" title=\"Toggle Left Bar\"  onclick=\"c=document.getElementById('leftnav').style;c.visibility!='visible'?(c.visibility='visible',this.innerHTML='&&#35;9668;'):(c.visibility='hidden',this.innerHTML='&&#35;9658;');return false;\">&&#35;9658;</div>\r\n\1$STOP()"

Name = ". ++ Google - No Logo     10.05.08 (!nn) [ozo] (o.s)"
Active = TRUE
Limit = 500
Match = "<div style="position:absolute;left*(<div class=tsf-p)\1"
Replace = "\r\n<!-- Removed Logo -->\r\n\1$STOP()"

Name = ". ++ Google - No Info bar     10.05.08 (!nn) [ozo] (o.s)"
Active = TRUE
Limit = 500
Match = "<div id=tbbc*</div>"
Replace = "\r\n<!-- Removed Info bar -->\r\n$STOP()"

RE: Google Light Theme - fixed 2010-05-06 - Dave Guest - May. 09, 2010 04:13 AM

Ah, thanks, very smart Smile!.

Though I think there's a few little glitches (tested on Firefox and Opera) :-
  1. I have a tiny textual question mark, instead of a blue triangle. Some system-specific inconsistency? I'm using XP.
  2. The Page Previews link doesn't work (i.e. no previews appear). Maybe the magic which flows the text all the way across is snagging them?
  3. The Wonder Wheel doesn't appear (though it may well be another filter which is snagging that).
  4. The (date) Custom Range.. link isn't working (i.e no calendar appears).
  5. After clicking the More (or Fewer) Search Tools links, you have to click the blue triangle again. I think that's because Google refreshes the page, so it's presumably unavoidable, and not really a problem.
  6. The Timeline results don't flow all the way across the page. Not a problem, I'm just mentioning it.
  7. I still think it would be better to keep the icons next to the sidebar links, as visual cues, even at the 'expense' of having to keep the logo, if that is possible?
  8. I see the Info Bar does more than just highlight the Language chosen. Sometimes it becomes a functional breadcrumbs link bar, if you select more than one of (some of) the sidebar options. And most options trigger a [x] Close 'button' which reverts the previous selection. Unchecking that filter shows the bar, but with some loss of functionality, because one of the filters hides the [x] Close 'button' (though it still works, if you know where to find the invisible link).
But the design itself is a brilliant idea, thanks. I hope it's possible to polish it to perfection!

RE: Google Light Theme - fixed 2010-05-06 - OZO - May. 09, 2010 06:13 AM

@ Dave Guest

1. It's the font issue. Google defines standard "arial,sans-serif" font for the whole page. Check this font in your computer. BTW, if you turn off proxy, you'll see (or may be not, if you have a broken font installed) that Google uses blue "down" triangles too Smile!
2. Page Previews shows me previews approximately in half cases (it may depend of particular search query, I guess). And in the other half they show empty rectangles (I think they don't cache them yet).
3. I may see the Wonder Wheel menu, but when I click on it - I have a new page where the left half is occupied with a flash (which doesn't work) and the right one contains actual search results (condensed into narrow column).
4. Custom Range link isn't working for me too. I guess the popup (or something like that) is simply blocked by some filter.
5. I agree. When I click on, e.g. Reset Tools (or some other links) it refreshes the whole page too.
6. I see an additional column on the left side containing years. Is that what you mean?
7. You mean two icons next to "Everything" and "More"? If so, the links to image .PNG files are removed by some filter.
8. I have played with Info Bar a bit. It shows me chosen options, sometimes a bunch of them (e.g. Search English pages + Past month + Sorted by date), sometimes just the last one (like Timeline) which I guess overrides the previous option(s), if chosen. Some of them may be as links, but the right most are usually not. I think if you opt in to see it - it should work as designed by Google. If you choose to remove it - filter does just that. There is no change in Info Bar functionality at all.

Thanks for your kind words about the new design. Smile! But it's not a new idea. If you think about it - Google's Left Bar is just a menu. And, as a menu, it should be visible only when user needs it, and not all the time (as e.g. it's done now in some m$'s programs as a "ribbon" - the dumb idea to show menu all the time, occupying the valuable screen space, instead of simple good old drop down menu, which user see only when he asks for it). So again, it's just a menu. And it should behave just like that and not take space on the left side of the page all the time Wink

RE: Google Light Theme - fixed 2010-05-06 - ProxRocks - May. 09, 2010 12:41 PM

what is the "ampersand html code" for this symbol: ?
also, would be nice to know the ampersand html code for what is showing up for me as 'square-square'...

i keep my Proxo config's as non-ANSI...
with the "symbols" presented above, font issue or not, my text editor will NOT allow me to save the file UNLESS i "save as" ANSI (which again, i do NOT want my Proxo config in ANSI)... personal preference, no real reason, lol...

note: "ampersand" codes have to be inserted on these forums with a SPACE in it to INTENTIONALLY BREAK the code from being rendered by the forum software...

RE: Google Light Theme - fixed 2010-05-06 - OZO - May. 09, 2010 07:30 PM

@ProxRocks

Actually I have not tried to download my own code. And I have not noticed that this forum replaced the ampersand HTML code with actual symbols. Sorry, my fault...

I've fixed the code published above. Now you should be able to copy/paste it directly from the post.

The ampersand codes used are:
&#9658; - &&#35;9658;
&#9668; - &&#35;9668;

Thanks you for bringing my attention to that.

RE: Google Light Theme - fixed 2010-05-06 - whenever - May. 10, 2010 09:05 AM

(May. 09, 2010 12:41 PM)ProxRocks Wrote:  what is the "ampersand html code" for this symbol: ?

Here is an online tool I wrote some time ago to do the job: http://www.proxomitron.cn/tools/prox_utf-8.py

RE: Google Light Theme - fixed 2010-05-06 - ProxRocks - May. 10, 2010 11:27 AM

interesting...

what do i do with those [%] codes though?

RE: Google Light Theme - fixed 2010-05-06 - whenever - May. 10, 2010 12:38 PM

That's for match.

The same character might be encoded into different bytes under different encoding. Click on the "Proxomitron UTF-8 Tool" link will lead you to a introduction page. It is written in Chinese but you can get what I mean from the 2 screenshots.

For single byte language like English you don't need to care about it. It's mostly useful for Chinese or Japanese users.

RE: Google Light Theme - fixed 2010-05-06 - nightfishing - May. 13, 2010 08:27 PM

Anyone know which filter kills the ability to star/unstar results?

RE: Google Light Theme - fixed 2010-05-06 - JJoe - May. 16, 2010 12:59 AM

(May. 13, 2010 08:27 PM)nightfishing Wrote:  star/unstar results?

Where is that?

RE: Google Light Theme - fixed 2010-05-06 - OZO - Jun. 05, 2010 09:07 PM

Here is new simplified filter that I've been using since 2010-05-20.

It doesn't use the old "Google Search: Alternate Display 9.04.30 (multi) [sd ku] (d.s)" filter at all. Uncheck all its components and put the new filter (see below) right in front of it:
Code:
Name = "Google Light Theme     10.05.20 (!nn) [ozo] (o.s)"
Active = TRUE
Limit = 15000
Match = "(</style><noscript><style>)\1"
Replace = "\r\n/* Google New Theme: */\r\n"
          "a{text-decoration:none;}\r\n"
          "a:link,.q a:link,a.toplink:visited{color:#00A!important;}\r\n"
          "a:visited{color: #A0D;}a:active,.q a:active,a.fl:active{color:#D00!important;}\r\n"
          "a:hover,.q a:hover,a.fl:hover{text-decoration:underline;color:#000!important;}\r\n"
          "li.g{background:#F8F8F8;margin-bottom:0.5em;padding:0 .5em;}\r\n"
          "#center_col,#cnt,.s{margin:0px;max-width:none;}div.med{padding:4px!important;}\r\n"
          "div.tsf-p,#foot{max-width:none;margin:0 1em;}/*make query window wider*/\r\n"
          "div.rshdr div form div div{visibility:hidden;}div.rshdr div.tsf-p,div.rshdr div.tsf-p div{visibility:inherit;}\r\n"
          "\1$STOP()"

Name = "++ Google - Hide left bar     10.05.20 (!nn) [ozo] (o.s)"
Active = TRUE
Limit = 15000
Match = "(<div id=leftnav)\1"
Replace = "\r\n<!-- Hide LeftNav Bar -->\r\n<style>#leftnav {visibility:hidden;border:solid 1px blue;}</style>\r\n<div style=\"position:absolute;top:-1.5em;left:.5em;cursor:pointer;color:blue;font-size:75%;\" title=\"Toggle Left Bar\"  onclick=\"c=document.getElementById('leftnav').style;c.visibility!='visible'?(c.visibility='visible',this.innerHTML='&&#35;9668;'):(c.visibility='hidden',this.innerHTML='&&#35;9658;');return false;\">&&#35;9658;</div>\r\n\1$STOP()"

Name = "+ Google - No "Info" bar     10.05.08 (!nn) [ozo] (o.s)"
Active = TRUE
Limit = 500
Match = "<div id=tbbc*</div>"
Replace = "\r\n<!-- Removed Info bar -->\r\n$STOP()"
It's tested with IE7/FF3.6.

The filter makes Google search results page look like this:
[Image: proxogoogle100605.png]
As usual, clicking on blue arrow sign in upper left corner of the page will toggle left side menu bar (if you ever need it).