The Un-Official Proxomitron Forum
Proxomodo UI - Printable Version

+- The Un-Official Proxomitron Forum (https://www.prxbx.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Forum Related (/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Forum: Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+---- Forum: Proximodo (/forumdisplay.php?fid=40)
+----- Forum: Issues with Proximodo (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+----- Thread: Proxomodo UI (/showthread.php?tid=313)

Pages: 1 2

- atom - Dec. 04, 2004 12:00 AM

ah, good to hear that reloading may be done with JS.

- Guest - Dec. 05, 2004 06:05 PM

My $0.02:

Proximodo should not try to do any fancy browser plugin integration - it doesn't need to and it always results in compatibility problems.

Both Firefox and Opera can allow applications to be integrated using extensions / INI modification. I'm assume it is possible in IE too (I've seem menu mods before). Using something like Proxomitron's URL commands it should be possible to pass the URL into Proximodo to add - at this stage Proximodo can allow editing before adding to a list.

e.g. in Opera's menu.ini:
Code:
Item, "Block as Cookie"      = Go to page, "http://add.to.blockfile/CookieList/%u"

That allows adding URLs through clicking without the complications of cross-browser plugin developent.

----

Regarding the UI - I was at first shocked that page and header filters were all mixed together, and thought it was a bad move. I'm still not 100% sure about it, but I do realise it makes the interface much more unified and user-friendly. New users don't care how a filter is doing its magic, and wouldn't know a HTTP header if it came up and whacked them with a large haliburt...

- kuruden - Dec. 05, 2004 08:48 PM

Another advantage of mixing header and text filters is that, with the tree, you can check/uncheck sets of filters that must work together (whatever their types). Another example: disabling cookies (1 click and hop! header cookies AND javascript cookies are gone).

- Ian - Dec. 05, 2004 11:54 PM

Yep - the more I use it the merged filter system, the clearer it is that it is an improvement...