The Un-Official Proxomitron Forum
sidki's config set: 2005-06-09 - Printable Version

+- The Un-Official Proxomitron Forum (https://www.prxbx.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Proxomitron Config Sets (/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Forum: Sidki (/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: sidki's config set: 2005-06-09 (/showthread.php?tid=358)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

- Oddysey - Jan. 14, 2005 01:21 AM

elshaddai;
Quote:Sidki, could you include a filter like JD's that opens the google searches in a new window. Thanks a lot.
That's pretty easy. I have several sites where I want this to happen, but Google was the first of them. :P If you find this to be handy, you might consider building a list of URL's, because the application is pretty generic. Otherwise, just put Google's address in the URL Match field.

My match string:
Code:
Match = "<a href="

My replace string:
Code:
Replace = "<a target="_blank" href="

Even if there is another target in the link, the first one is the one that is supposed to be recognized. However, if your browser doesn't follow this convention, then we can write a more complicated filter that will look for any other target statements, and replace them with the "_blank" designator. But the KISS principle is a good thing, I'm sure you'll agree. :P
[/threadjack]

Oddysey

- elshaddai - Jan. 14, 2005 02:54 AM

Thanks for the tip Oddysey. Hail Looks like you got a new cat there. Check out this fat cat Leo here.

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/Homepage.asp

- nolan_vode - Jan. 14, 2005 07:07 AM

Win98se, MozillaFirefox_1_0_RELEASE_M2 (MOOX optimized version of the official Mozilla release)

Recently installed the set. Noticed a few irregularities & have a few requests.

Nothing altered or added at time of testing except for addition of January 10, 2005 filter patch. None of the problems are exhibited in JD Alpha.

<span style='color:#3333FF'>MozillaZine: Alternate Display 4.12.16 (toggle) [sd] (d.s)</span>

When not in expanded mode, it breaks my All_In_One search button extension.

The Prox Menu icon is only available when page is expanded.

Can I adapt "MozillaZine: Alternate Display" to JD Alpha? Tried to move it there but would not operate.

<span style='color:#3333FF'>Prox Menu</span>

Because of it's semi-transparency, The Prox Menu is muddled/obscured by whatever the menu opens over.

At some sites, i.e. this forum, the Prox Menu icon disappears after initially selecting it. Must reload page to revive it.

As a personal preference, Would be nice if the dbug option opened in a new window.

Any problem moving the JD Prox Menu to your set?

<span style='color:#3333FF'>Flash Blocking</span>

Is flash blocked by default? I ask because I'm having a problem at

http://www.tvguide.com/Listings/index.asp?I=60911&zip=91406

It's glutted with bells & whistles. Unfortunately, you must register to see the page, but maybe if I describe the problem, someone can direct me elsewhere where I can test things out?

When "<object>...: Toggle Flash 4.10.25 (ccw!) [jd sd] (d.2)" is disabled, flash objects are blocked with no way to reverse the effect.

When "<object>...: Toggle Flash 4.10.25 (ccw!) [jd sd] (d.2)" is ensabled, "Flash" opens the selected flash object, by only by itself, in a new window. "Toggle" simply removes the "Toggle - Flash" option from the page & does nothing else.

Either way, I can't get flash objects to reveal on the page.

Whatever the function of "Flash & Media Toggle: Show/Play by Default 4.09.20 (fail) [sd] (o.0)", it has no perceptable effect on this page.

All TV Guide references removed from my Adblock extension list.

"www.tvguide.com" has been place in my Flashblock extension whitelist, & the Flashblock on/off toggle icons that normally replace blocked flash objects do not appear on the page.

Thanks

~nolan Smile!

- Oddysey - Jan. 14, 2005 08:24 AM

elshaddai;
Quote:Thanks for the tip Oddysey. Hail
Your welcome, and thanks for the Hail, but you may change your mind in a moment. I need to make some clarifications, but rather than continue stomping all over sidki's thread, let me refer you to [url=http://prxbx.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=11&t=378"]this thread[/url], where I give some more explanation, and confess to an error of logic [Gasp!] Yes, tis true, I may have led you down the primrose path, and directly into the brambleberrys. Check it out.

Quote:Looks like you got a new cat there.
Well, Shadow is Sunshine's sister (direct littermates). I've taken some more pictures recently (new camera, woo hoo!). I need to stay out of EHOWA for a few hours, and get them posted on my own site. I'll give you the link in a day or two (or three, or...... Wink)

Nice reference to the Guinness Longest Cat, thanks. I note that he looks a bit like Sunny (Sunshine). Hmmmm, the little fart has been eating a lot, I wonder....... No Expression [unsure] [lol]

Oddysey

- sidki3003 - Jan. 14, 2005 11:46 AM

Hi nolan_vode, thanks for the bug report. Testing with Firefox 1.0 official Release. Letsee...

nolan_vode Wrote:<span style='color:#3333FF'>MozillaZine: Alternate Display 4.12.16 (toggle) [sd] (d.s)</span>

When not in expanded mode, it breaks my All_In_One search button extension.

The Prox Menu icon is only available when page is expanded.
Which URL? I tried a few, e.g. http://forums.mozillazine.org/ . I installed "All-In-One Search button" and it works there, no matter if that page is expanded or collapsed.
Same goes for the Prox menu.

Quote:Can I adapt "MozillaZine: Alternate Display" to JD Alpha? Tried to move it there but would not operate.
Try copying the "PrxToggle" function from ProxFunctions.js to that filter, so that latter looks like:
Code:
<!-- PROX-S: Below added by MozillaZine Alternate Display Filter (toggle switch) -->\r\n
<script type="text/javascript">
function PrxToggle(nam, atr, tag, tog) {
}
</script>
<a href="javascript:
No guaranty tho, as it's not exactly my cup of tea. Wink

Quote:<span style='color:#3333FF'>Prox Menu</span>

Because of it's semi-transparency, The Prox Menu is muddled/obscured by whatever the menu opens over.
The menu opacity is set to 97%, which is what i like. I'll do something about it if others perceive that as muddled/obscured as well. Anyone?
If not, open ProxStyles.css and change all "0.97" and "97" entries to e.g. "0.99" and "99", repectively, or remove those properties altogether.

Quote:At some sites, i.e. this forum, the Prox Menu icon disappears after initially selecting it. Must reload page to revive it.
The Prox menu opens if you hover over the icon, and closes itself till the next reload if you click the icon. This is explained in the Readme, chapter "Unsorted". I'll move that to the config control doc, see below.

Quote:As a personal preference, Would be nice if the dbug option opened in a new window.
People, start getting used to your middle mouse button! Smile!
It can be set to open new tabs in Opera, Firefox, and the current IE clones - unless you've set it to do other fancy things from within the OS, but even then you can use advanced tools like PowerPro, which lets you restrict those fancy things to certain windows.

Some links in the Prox menu show a symbol with three dots. Those are JS links. All others - including "dbug" - can be opened in a new window if middle-clicked. This isn't mentioned yet. So the "Prox Menu" chapter would go like:
Quote:Add Proxomitron Menu (default is active)

Activates a menu that appears as an icon lower right on mouse click anyware in
the page, expands on hover, and disables itself if clicked.
The first header displays the window name if there is one, or else "Dynamic".
The second header shows the mode in which the page is rendered. Some items in
the menu vary depending on browser, page, or chosen config settings. Some
links show a symbol with three dots - these are JavaScript links. All other
links can be opened in a new tab/window if middle-clicked, as long as you're
using current versions of Mozilla, Opera, or the IE front-ends
Maxthon/Sleipnir.
Anything missing?

Quote:Any problem moving the JD Prox Menu to your set?
Should work. Didn't try it tho.

Quote:<span style='color:#3333FF'>Flash Blocking</span>

Is flash blocked by default?
Not really. Loading of Flashs is made optional. Unless you enable "Flash & Media Toggle: Show/Play by Default".

Quote:I ask because I'm having a problem at

http://www.tvguide.com/Listings/index.asp?I=60911&zip=91406

It's glutted with bells & whistles. Unfortunately, you must register to see the page, but maybe if I describe the problem, someone can direct me elsewhere where I can test things out?
Luckily there are a few dummy accounts available. Wink

Quote:When "<object>...: Toggle Flash 4.10.25 (ccw!) [jd sd] (d.2)" is disabled, flash objects are blocked with no way to reverse the effect.

When "<object>...: Toggle Flash 4.10.25 (ccw!) [jd sd] (d.2)" is ensabled, "Flash" opens the selected flash object, by only by itself, in a new window. "Toggle" simply removes the "Toggle - Flash" option from the page & does nothing else.

Either way, I can't get flash objects to reveal on the page.

Whatever the function of "Flash & Media Toggle: Show/Play by Default 4.09.20 (fail) [sd] (o.0)", it has no perceptable effect on this page.
Everything works as expected here: I can toggle the Flash menu and the Flash calendar thingie.
I also see these Flash objects if i disable "<object>...: Toggle Flash".
"Flash & Media Toggle: Show/Play by Default" works, too.

The top/right flashs are ads and get blocked by other filters. The left ad form is incorrectly identified as flash because it contains "flash" in its name. However, i'm inclined to leave that as is, since it doesn't break anything, and messing with the flash filter is a pain in the butt as it requires extensive testing after each change.

Quote:All TV Guide references removed from my Adblock extension list.

"www.tvguide.com" has been place in my Flashblock extension whitelist, & the Flashblock on/off toggle icons that normally replace blocked flash objects do not appear on the page.
I installed "Adblock" and the toggles didn't work anymore. I'm not familiar with that extension and don't plan to look into it either. Same goes for "Flashblock" et al. That's what Proxomitron is for, no? Wink

Anyway, try disabling (Ad|Flash|etc.)block, restart Firefox, and see what's left of those problems. Smile!

sidki

- nolan_vode - Jan. 15, 2005 07:46 AM

Hi sidki

Please forgive me if I use JD Alpha as a means of comparison for some common functions.

sidki Wrote:I installed "Adblock" and the toggles didn't work anymore
O.K.

sidki Wrote:I'm not familiar with that extension and don't plan to look into it either.
O.K.

sidki Wrote:Same goes for "Flashblock" et al. That's what Proxomitron is for, no?
True. Then I won't harp on the issue further except to state that flash is still being blocked by AdBlock even when both flash filters are disabled. No such conflict in JD.

Since AdBlock is a very popular extension & the subject may resurface, at least we have provided an answer for those seeking one.

sidki Wrote:Some links in the Prox menu show a symbol with three dots. Those are JS links. All others - including "dbug" - can be opened in a new window if middle-clicked. This isn't mentioned yet.
Don't envy all the "fun" your gonna have compiling documentation for this complex set Crazy

sidki Wrote:People, start getting used to your middle mouse button!
Good advice. So many optional mouse functions available.

Unfortunately, I'm one of the few who must avoid tabbed browsing since it consumes valuable space on my ancient 15" monitor. A default left click "open in new window" would be nice.

sidki Wrote:I tried a few, e.g. http://forums.mozillazine.org/ . I installed "All-In-One Search button" and it works there
It prevents the "search" function. Highlighting is not affected, but it will not search until page is expanded.

sidki Wrote:Try copying the "PrxToggle" function from ProxFunctions.js to that filter
To the bottom of the "match" like the following? If so, didn't work. But you did say no guarantee.

Code:
Match = "<("
""
"(!-- PROX: Body Begins -->)\5$SET(comment=)"
"$SET(2=\5\r\n"
"<!-- PROX-S: Below added by MozillaZine Alternate Display Filter (toggle switch) -->\r\n"
"<a href="javascript:"
"PrxToggle('ProxS','cl','td',1);PrxToggle('ProxS','cl','form',1);PrxToggle('ProxS','cl','div',1);"
"">Toggle Original Layout</a>\r\n"
")"
"|"
"(table width=$AV(100%) cellspacing=$AV(0) cellpadding=$AV(0) > <tr)\5(> <td align=$AV(center) >)\3"
"$SET(2="
"\5 class="ProxS" style="display:none"\3\r\n"
"<!-- PROX-S: Above modified by MozillaZine Alternate Display Filter (\1) -->"
")"
"$SET(1=table toggle)"
"|"
"(form[^>]++action=$AV(http://www.(google)\4.com/custom|https://www.(paypal)\4.com/cgi-bin/webscr))\5\3>"
"$SET(2="
"\5 class="ProxS" style="display:none"\3>\r\n"
")"
"$SET(1=\4 toggle)"
"|"
"(td[^>]++id=$AV(sidebar))\5\3>"
"$SET(2="
")"
"$SET(1=td sidebar toggle)"
"|"
"(div[^>]++id=$AV((l|r)\4col))\5\3>(^$TST(comment=1))"
"$SET(2="
")"
"$SET(1=div \4col toggle)"
"|"
"!-- begin headerads*end (headerads)\1[^>]+>"
"$SET(2=!-- PROX-S: Removed by MozillaZine Alternate Display Filter (\1) -->)"
"|"
"table[^>]++id=$AV(bugday)$INEST(<table,</table)</table >"
"$SET(1=bugday)"
""
")"
"..."
"<!-- PROX-S: Below added by MozillaZine Alternate Display Filter (toggle switch) -->\r\n"
"<script type="text/javascript">"
"function PrxToggle(nam, atr, tag, tog) {"
"..."
"}"
"</script>"
"..."

thx

~nolan Smile!

- sidki3003 - Jan. 15, 2005 12:12 PM

nolan_vode Wrote:Please forgive me if I use JD Alpha as a means of comparison for some common functions.
Hey, that's just fine. Smile!

Quote:Since AdBlock is a very popular extension & the subject may resurface, at least we have provided an answer for those seeking one.
Absolutely! It's already part of the FAQ (next version).

Quote:Don't envy all the "fun" your gonna have compiling documentation for this complex set Crazy
Right. And i realized that i can't explain all config switches in one go. Most will have to wait until a future minor update. However, i want to do at least the most important ones this time.
What will be in so far is: All header config control switches, "Add Proxomitron Menu", "Debug Mode", "Flash & Media Toggle: Show/Play by Default".

I can do some more, so if you or anyone else feel that something important or obscure in the webfilter config control needs to be explained, input is appreciated!

Quote:Unfortunately, I'm one of the few who must avoid tabbed browsing since it consumes valuable space on my ancient 15" monitor. A default left click "open in new window" would be nice.
Okay, convinced (all links except "Up" and "Top" i guess, or those as well?), it's in as an optional switch (". + Open normal Menu Links in new Window" just below the Prox Menu switch, next version).

Quote:
sidki Wrote:I tried a few, e.g. http://forums.mozillazine.org/ . I installed "All-In-One Search button" and it works there
It prevents the "search" function. Highlighting is not affected, but it will not search until page is expanded.
Can you be more exact? I mean, i have no clue about this extension and i don't want to keep it either (using built-in "Find As You Type"), so some more detailed notes about what is going wrong in what case may help me saving quite some time, okay? Wink

Quote:
sidki Wrote:Try copying the "PrxToggle" function from ProxFunctions.js to that filter
To the bottom of the "match" like the following? If so, didn't work. But you did say no guarantee.
Try this:
Code:
[Patterns]
Name = "MozillaZine: Alternate Display - Stand-Alone (toggle) [sd]"
Active = TRUE
Multi = TRUE
URL = "$TYPE(htm)((www|forums|kb|fxfeeds|savanna).|)mozillazine.org/"
Limit = 12800
Match = "<("
""
"(body[^>]+>)\5"
"$SET(2=\5\r\n"
"<script type="text/javascript">\r\n"
"  function PMozToggle(nam, atr, tag, tog) {"
"    var tags = window.document.getElementsByTagName(tag);"
"    for (var i = 0; i < tags.length; i++) {"
"      if ((atr == "cl" && nam == tags[i].className) ||"
"(atr == "id" && nam == tags[i].id)) {"
"if (tags[i].style.display != "inline") {"
" tags[i].style.display = "inline";"
"} else {"
" if (tog) {"
"   tags[i].style.display = "none";"
" }"
"}"
"if (tags[i].style.visibility == "hidden") {"
" tags[i].style.visibility = "visible";"
"} else {"
" if (tags[i].style.visibility == "visible") {"
"   tags[i].style.visibility = "hidden";"
" }"
"}"
"      }"
"    }"
"  }"
"</script>\r\n"
"PMozToggle('ProxS','cl','td',1);PMozToggle('ProxS','cl','form',1);PMozToggle('ProxS','cl','div',1);"
"">Toggle Original Layout</a>\r\n"
")"
"|"
"(table width=$AV(100%) cellspacing=$AV(0) cellpadding=$AV(0) > <tr)\5(> <td align=$AV(center) >)\3"
"$SET(2="
"\5 class="ProxS" style="display:none"\3\r\n"
")"
"$SET(1=table toggle)"
"|"
"(form[^>]++action=$AV(http://www.(google)\4.com/custom|https://www.(paypal)\4.com/cgi-bin/webscr))\5\3>"
"$SET(2="
")"
"$SET(1=\4 toggle)"
"|"
"(td[^>]++id=$AV(sidebar))\5\3>"
"$SET(2="
")"
"$SET(1=td sidebar toggle)"
"|"
"(div[^>]++id=$AV((l|r)\4col))\5\3>(^$TST(comment=1))"
"$SET(2="
")"
"$SET(1=div \4col toggle)"
"|"
"!-- begin headerads*end (headerads)\1[^>]+>"
"|"
"table[^>]++id=$AV(bugday)$INEST(<table,</table)</table >"
"$SET(1=bugday)"
""
")"
Replace = "<\2"

sidki

- sidki3003 - Jan. 15, 2005 01:06 PM

elshaddai Wrote:OK, I had it checked without looking at the filter. I assumed it was something like JD500's split link target filter.
Here is an alternative. It also displays the absolute/relative URL of the hovered links, akin to Opera's default behavior. It's not as elegant as Super Opener, clicking the flyover links can be tricky for closely packed links, and i can't say it's my favorite filter. Good thing is that it's - hopefully, since barely tested - not breaking pages nor layout.
Code:
[Patterns]
Name = "<a>: Flyover - Open Links in new Window     5.01.13 (multi) [sd] (o.2)"
Active = FALSE
Multi = TRUE
URL = "$TYPE(htm)"
Bounds = "<a\s*>"
Limit = 768
Match = "(*href=)\1$AV((^javascript:)\2)\3(^$TST(script=*))"
Replace = "\1"\2""
" onmouseover="PrxFlShow(unescape('$ESC("
"<a class="ProxFlyCont" href="\2" target="_blank"><b>New\ Window:</b>\ \2</a>"
")'),event,1)""
" onmouseout="PrxFlDHide()""
"\3"

It would go below "Link Modifications II", as the last "<a>" filter.

sidki

- sidki3003 - Jan. 15, 2005 02:39 PM

elshaddai Wrote:Sidki, could you include a filter like JD's that opens the google searches in a new window. Thanks a lot.
Here you go. Smile!
Code:
[Patterns]
Name = "Google Search: Open Links in new Window     5.01.15 [u] (o.s)"
Active = FALSE
URL = "$TYPE(htm)(www.google.|216.239.|66.102.[#0:15].|64.233.1[#60:91].)[^?]++search\?"
Limit = 16
Match = "(^(^<ProxHdrDown>))$STOP()"
Replace = "\t<base target="_blank">\r\n"
It defaults to off, since the larger part of this world has discovered the middle mouse button by now. Wink
The filter does only work for IE/Opera right now. I needed to make changes for Firefox somewhere else (next version). Note that latter has a setting to suppress _blank targets altogether, which - if on - renders these efforts useless of course.

Oddysey's code snippet won't work with this config, because a Prox script is blocking any unsolicited "target=_blank" requests from links. Unless their class name starts with "Prox", indicating "Hey, i belong to the family".
While advice regarding this config is great, it's helpful to verify it. Hit rate increases that way, instead of entropy. Wink

sidki

- Oddysey - Jan. 15, 2005 06:36 PM

sidki;
Quote:Oddysey's code snippet won't work with this config, because a Prox script is blocking any unsolicited "target=_blank" requests from links.

Hell's Bells, I didn't even know that I was being solicited! :o Cry Wink I gotta start paying more attention to what's going on around me! [lol]

Oddysey

- sidki3003 - Jan. 15, 2005 10:02 PM

LOL

- nolan_vode - Jan. 16, 2005 05:57 AM

sidki Wrote:I tried a few, e.g. http://forums.mozillazine.org/ . I installed "All-In-One Search button" and it works there.

Can you be more exact?&nbsp; I mean, i have no clue about this extension and i don't want to keep it either (using built-in "Find As You Type"), so some more detailed notes about what is going wrong in what case may help me saving quite some time, okay? Wink

What's nice is that it adds an improved (imho) facsimile of the googlebar highlighting & search features, and also optionally retains a personally predesignated number of words from the search word history that will appear for selection on the drop down menu, along with the current search words, until the browser session ends.

Good-bye to a space wasting "Find in this page" toolbar (that for reasons beyond me locates at the bottom of the browser), & the now entirely unused "Edit" menu.

Search function is basically the same as in default "Find in this page."

If the All_In_One search button is in "Search" mode, the toolbar icon will have show a magnifying glass character. If not, click on the icon arrow to bring down the menu & select "Switch to search"

Mozillazine Home Page
http://forums.mozillazine.org/index.php?si...5c93e7633c41673
is a good place for a demonstration.

Toggle the page to show "User Links" section. Type something like "Mozilla" in the search box, press the icon several times & off it goes, marking what it finds in a grey overtone.

Then re-toggle the page & see if "search" continues to function.

- nolan_vode - Jan. 16, 2005 07:39 AM

sidki Wrote:The menu opacity is set to 97%, which is what i like. I'll do something about it if others perceive that as muddled/obscured as well. Anyone?
If not, open ProxStyles.css and change all "0.97" and "97" entries to e.g. "0.99" and "99", repectively, or remove those properties altogether.

Neither changing the values or entirely removing

Code:
/* CSS3 and IE/Mozilla proprietary - Comment out while validating */
  filter: alpha( opacity=97, style=0 ) !important;
  opacity: 0.97;
  -moz-opacity: 0.97;

changed the menu appearance whatsoever.

Hate to sound repetitive, but In it's current state, some portions are illegible. Because the fonts are transparent, the backround bleeds thru. I'm looking at it right now & it is quite obvious.

Maybe it's unique to me, but don't know why. Haven't changed anything in the cfg to alter it.

- sidki3003 - Jan. 16, 2005 11:46 AM

nolan_vode Wrote:Mozillazine Home Page
http://forums.mozillazine.org/index.php?si...5c93e7633c41673
is a good place for a demonstration.

Toggle the page to show "User Links" section. Type something like "Mozilla" in the search box, press the icon several times & off it goes, marking what it finds in a grey overtone.

Then re-toggle the page & see if "search" continues to function.
Ahh okay. Looks like the extension was scanning the "Mozillazine Store" ad iframe instead of the main page. LOL!
At the bottom of that filter, replace...
Code:
$SET(1=bugday)
... with...
Code:
$SET(1=bugday)
|
iframe[^>]++src=$AV(http://(store)\1.mozillazine.org/*)[^<]+</iframe >
$SET(2=!-- PROX-S: Removed by MozillaZine Alternate Display Filter (\1) -->)
Save config, clear cache, and restart Firefox.

nolan_vode Wrote:Hate to sound repetitive, but In it's current state, some portions are illegible. Because the fonts are transparent, the backround bleeds thru. I'm looking at it right now & it is quite obvious.

Maybe it's unique to me, but don't know why. Haven't changed anything in the cfg to alter it.
If it doesn't work, the problem isn't the menu's semi-transparency but something else. But try again, replace...
Code:
... with...
Code:
/*
*/
Save file, clear cache, and restart Firefox.

sidki

- nolan_vode - Jan. 17, 2005 04:04 AM

sidki Wrote:At the bottom of that filter, replace...
Code:
$SET(1=bugday)
... with...
Code:
$SET(1=bugday)
|
Good as an addition, not a replacement
Code:
$SET(1=bugday)

)
$SET(1=bugday)
|
Works for me.

sidki Wrote:But try again, replace...
Code:
... with...
Code:
/*
*/
Yeh. Much better.

Fonts & background all in varying shades of blue now. Wouldn't mind the font in a darker blue for better contrast, but no big deal. [smoke] Big Teeth