The Un-Official Proxomitron Forum
sidki's config set: 2005-06-09 - Printable Version

+- The Un-Official Proxomitron Forum (https://www.prxbx.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Proxomitron Config Sets (/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Forum: Sidki (/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: sidki's config set: 2005-06-09 (/showthread.php?tid=358)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

- nolan_vode - Jan. 18, 2005 07:48 AM

Been wondering about this since IE. Probably a dumb question.

"Add: Time to Title, Snip Excess {3}" also adds the time when you use "Create Shortcut" from the browser context menu.

Is there any way to have the shortcut ignore the date?

- sidki3003 - Jan. 18, 2005 02:24 PM

No. You're confusing configs btw. Wink

- nolan_vode - Jan. 20, 2005 06:03 AM

sidki Wrote:No. You're confusing configs btw. Wink

Oops -_- Of course I meant "<title>: Add Time - Fix Tag - Snip Excess 4.11.24 (multi) [jd sd] (d.1)." Was playing with both cfgs.

I have another question. Don't know if it applies to Prox, Firefox, or both.

It's just happens to be another one of those pages that require registration.

I have no problem with this sites home page, but I cannot debug this particular page, & I can only "view page source" from the FF shell menu, not from the Prox Menu.

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/grid.asp?partner_id=national

Results of selecting "dbug" Or "src" from Prox Menu, or manually adding xdbug.. to location:

Code:
HTTP/1.1 302 Object moved
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 01:59:36 GMT
Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
P3P: CP="ALL DSP LAW DEVa TAIa OUR BUS UNI CNT STA PRE"
Content-Length: 150
Content-Type: text/html
Set-Cookie: ASPSESSIONIDQAQCTQTQ=AKHLNDADNGEMLFDOAHAJKNON; path=/
Cache-Control: max-age=1
Connection: close

<head><title>Object moved</title></head>
<body><h1>Object Moved</h1>This object may be found <a HREF="index.asp?partner_id=national">here
</a>.</body>

Same goes for both your cfg & JD alpha (only difference: with JD Alpha, Cache-control: private)

Everything works normally when using IE, although your Prox Menu does not appear in IE for me, so I had to apply the debug manually.

I tried it in numerous combinations, including the basic Prox default cfg, my current customized FF setup, & a fresh, unadulterated FF install, both on C:\ & H:\, with registry adjusted for both.

Is this just one of those case where, unlike IE, FF won't display certain pages, or is something else going on?

- sidki3003 - Jan. 20, 2005 02:44 PM

Yeah, that happens - not always - if a page requires a cookie in order to show up.

Firefox - but not IE - doesn't send the ID cookie for this page if the hostname doesn't match exactly (because of the URL command). This is the correct behavior.

What works in such cases is right-clicking in Proxomitron's log window, selecting "HTML Debug info", and reloading the page (without URL command).

Regarding zap2it, there was a specific question and a comprehensive answer by ScoJo at prox-list a while back:
Quote:The browser is not sending the cookies because it thinks the server's
hostname is "dbug..tvlistings2.zap2it.com". Zap2It does not include a
domain crumb in the cookies so by default the cookies are only sent
to "tvlistings2.zap2it.com".

This filter should do the trick:

[HTTP headers]
In = TRUE
Out = FALSE
Key = "Set-Cookie: Fix cookies when using URL commands (in)"
Match = "\1&(^*domain=)"
Replace = "\1; domain=.\h"

The domain crumb will now be ".tvlistings2.zap2it.com" so the cookies
will be sent to any server in the tvlistings2.zap2it.com subdomain even
if the "server" happens to be "src..bypass..tvlistings2.zap2it.com"

HTH,
ScoJo
Note that the quoted filter is a bit controversal imo, as it sends *every* hostname specific cookie to all subdomains of that host, no matter if in source- or normal view. You'd need to clear your cookies first if you want to try it anyway.

Regarding the Prox menu, it does appear there for me with IE. Sometimes IE forgets to load a script, try reloading the page.

sidki

- Oddysey - Jan. 20, 2005 07:07 PM

nolan;

(I tried to post this last night, but right in the middle of the act, the server went TU on me. [angry] [angry] [angry] )

I see from the snippet of your log file that you are getting a 302 response code. According to the W3C, that translates to:

"The requested page has been temporarily moved. The server will automatically redirect you to the new location."

From that, I must deduce that your FF/Proxo combination is not allowing the redirect to take place, whereas it would appear that IE is faithfully executing that redirect. So, should we suspect that your FF/Proxo combination is disallowing redirects, but not your IE-centric config?

Oddysey

- nolan_vode - Jan. 21, 2005 07:12 AM

Oddysey Wrote:I tried to post this last night, but right in the middle of the act, the server went TU on me.
Yeah. Lately, before hitting the forum bookmark. I cross my fingers a kiss a rabbits foot. Thanks for trying.

sidki Wrote:What works in such cases is right-clicking in Proxomitron's log window, selecting "HTML Debug info", and reloading the page (without URL command).
Forgot all about that. Never occurred to me [blush].

Hint: Instead of reloading the page, one may also right click a shortcut to the page & select "open in new window."

sidki Wrote:Regarding zap2it, there was a specific question and a comprehensive answer by ScoJo at prox-list a while back:
Both the log window & header filter methods work fine. Hail

sidki Wrote:Note that the quoted filter is a bit controversal imo
How might this be problematic? Just wondering. I've already made it site specific.

- sidki3003 - Jan. 21, 2005 10:25 PM

nolan_vode Wrote:
sidki Wrote:Note that the quoted filter is a bit controversal imo
How might this be problematic? Just wondering. I've already made it site specific.
Well, just read/post the entire quote and you'll know. Wink

Say you log in to that.site.com and your personal data are stored in a cookie, which is restricted to that very host - sometimes for a reason. Now, if you go to this.that.site.com with that filter - as posted - activated, the data cookie would be sent to this host as well.

Anyway, i think i found a solution to this, without messing with the cookie domain field - as long as you use the commands from the Prox menu. It required a couple of changes, so it will be in the next version, which i will upload as soon as i can motivate myself to write this darn config control doc. Big Teeth

sidki

- nolan_vode - Jan. 22, 2005 01:35 AM

O.K.....I get it .

Thanks

~nolan Big Teeth

- gorgan - Jan. 23, 2005 02:18 AM

Hey sidki,

Great config 28-12-2004, as usual. Thanks for sharing your work and keeping Proxo "up-to-date". I saw these two header filters and was wondering if they are a duplication

[HTTP headers]
In = TRUE
Out = FALSE
Key = "Expires: Kill: Cache!/Fresh! 4.12.23 (cch!) [srl] (d.0) (In)"
URL = "(^$KEYCHK(^S))$TST(keyword=*.(i_cache|i_cache_h|i_fresh):[12].*)"
Match = "\0&$LOG(CRESP $DTM© : Expires killed: \0)"

In = TRUE
Out = FALSE
Key = "Cache-Expires: Kill: Cache!/Fresh! 4.12.23 (cch!) [mona] (d.0) (In)"
URL = "(^$KEYCHK(^S))$TST(keyword=*.(i_cache|i_cache_h|i_fresh):[12].*)"
Match = "\0&$LOG(CRESP $DTM© : Cache-Expires killed: \0)"

gorgan

- sidki3003 - Jan. 23, 2005 03:26 AM

Thanks gorgan Smile!

The filters target two different response headers. "Cache-Expires" is by far not as common as "Expires", but has the same effect.

sidki

- nolan_vode - Jan. 24, 2005 06:11 AM

I get a SSL certificate verification error at

addons.mozilla.org
http://update.mozilla.org/?application=firefox
http://https..addons.mozilla.org/?application=firefox

Only appears when using your cfg.

Code:
---- Certificate Errors ----
Certificate's host name (CN) doesn't match the site's

---- Certificate Info ----
C=US
ST=California
L=Mountain View
O=Mozilla Foundation
CN=(update|addons|addons.update|aus|pfs|iguana).mozilla.org

Begins:    2004-12-16 02:05 GMT
Expires:    2005-12-16 02:05 GMT
Proxcert, cert, zlib & ssl files all updated
Oct 1, 2004 Roots Certificate Update installed

- traviscn - Feb. 06, 2005 05:37 PM

the various Bottom Add: Display filters are not working for me on Firefox.
i know they use the onmouseover function but nothing happens.
they work fine on IE.
this occurred before i installed any extensions.
i am using Java 5.0 Update 1

any suggestions?

- sidki3003 - Feb. 21, 2005 03:23 PM

nolan_vode Wrote:I get a SSL certificate verification error at

addons.mozilla.org
http://update.mozilla.org/?application=firefox
http://https..addons.mozilla.org/?application=firefox

Only appears when using your cfg.
I wouldn't think so. Maybe your other configs didn't filter those HTTPS pages for some reason?
I don't get any warning from Prox just now, but i do recall seeing the same thing because Prox couldn't handle regexp'ed certificate hostnames.

sidki

- sidki3003 - Feb. 21, 2005 03:25 PM

traviscn Wrote:the various Bottom Add: Display filters are not working for me on Firefox.
i know they use the onmouseover function but nothing happens.
they work fine on IE.
this occurred before i installed any extensions.
i am using Java 5.0 Update 1

&nbsp; &nbsp;
any suggestions?
Should work. Check if you've disabled any JavaScript features under Options -> Web Features -> Advanced. These things don't depend on Java.

sidki

- nolan_vode - Feb. 22, 2005 03:57 AM

sidki Wrote:Maybe your other configs didn't filter those HTTPS pages for some reason?
I don't get any warning from Prox just now, but i do recall seeing the same thing because Prox couldn't handle regexp'ed certificate hostnames.

O.k. It isn't happening for me anymore either. Smile!