Need some help with exceptions please....
Oct. 08, 2009, 06:34 PM
Need some help with exceptions please....
Howdy. I have Sidki's base set with the 5/24 alpha and subsequent update loaded.

I have a few problem sites, and I'm hoping someone can help me work around them.

Facebook...in the inbox area, I must frequently hit refresh to view an entire thread. There are a few other anomalies that I can seem to remember at the moment.

Live Mail...can't click and open email.

And there is one website that even though I've allowed cookies in the user list, I can only log on for the current session only - the cookie doesn't save after the browser closes.

I've read the help files in the Sidki directory, but I must be an idiot, because I can't seem to make heads or tails out of it.

First, how do I determine what is keeping the site from working properly, and how do I implement the appropriate workaround? I've added the problem sites to the bypass list as a temporary workaround, but I'd like to do the job properly.

Any guidance appreciated.

Best,

C
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Oct. 08, 2009, 07:03 PM (This post was last modified: Oct. 08, 2009 07:05 PM by ProxRocks.)
RE: Need some help with exceptions please....
(Oct. 08, 2009 06:34 PM)Belarathon Wrote:  And there is one website that even though I've allowed cookies in the user list, I can only log on for the current session only - the cookie doesn't save after the browser closes.

have you unchecked the header filter ! |||||||||||| 5.1 Session Cookies by Default 5.10.02 [srl] (d.1) (Out)
(don't forget to save the config after unchecking) ???

ps - some sites require that three or four sites be added to the cookie list, not just one...
Oct. 09, 2009, 05:11 PM
(Oct. 08, 2009 06:34 PM)Belarathon Wrote:  Howdy. I have Sidki's base set with the 5/24 alpha and subsequent update loaded.

I have a few problem sites, and I'm hoping someone can help me work around them.

Normally, I'd rather we not deal with so many issues is a thread but since this is an alpha...

Please add "5/24 alpha" to post subject.

(Oct. 08, 2009 06:34 PM)Belarathon Wrote:  Facebook...in the inbox area, I must frequently hit refresh to view an entire thread. There are a few other anomalies that I can seem to remember at the moment.

I don't have an account.

(Oct. 08, 2009 06:34 PM)Belarathon Wrote:  Live Mail...can't click and open email.

I borrowed an account.

*.mail.live.com/mail/InboxLight.aspx?FolderID=*
I found

Code:
BlockList 1209: in AdKeys-J, line 251

<Match: <script> Block: Ad Scripts - Content     09.07.04 [pr sd jd] (d.2) >
<script>
    Loc = {isBidi : false,LEFT : "left",RIGHT : "right",LRM : "\u200e",RLM : "\u200f"};Res = {strings : {browserJSError: "Windows Live Hotmail was not able to complete this request. Microsoft may contact you about any issues you report.",loading: "Loading...",noconnectivity:"We can%27t connect to Windows Live Hotmail right now. Please make sure that you%27re connected to the Internet and try again",fppTimeout: "This task could not be completed. Please try again.",fppInternalErr: "We can%27t connect to Windows Live Hotmail right now. Please try again later."}};App = { BUILD : "15.1.3020.0910",config : {adsMinInterval: "2", adsMinActions : "1",cookieDomain: ".mail.live.com",imgSvrUrl : "http://gfx1.hotmail.com/mail/w4/pr01/ltr/"}};Page = {addFeedbackData : function(){},pageComplete : function(){},fppPending : function(){},FORM_ID:'aspnetForm',fppCfg : { RequestHandler:"mail.fpp",FppVersion:1,SessionId:"?????",AuthUser:"????",CanaryToken:"mt",Version:"1",PartnerID:""},SELF_PATH : '\x2fmail\x2fInboxLight.aspx',queryString : {nonce : '????',newNonce : '1????'}};Resize = {};
KbdShortcuts = {timeout : 1000,hasSeenUi : false,hasSeenUiText : "You just used a keyboard shortcut. If you didn%27t mean to do that%2c click Cancel. To turn off shortcuts%2c or switch your shortcut mode%2c go to Options.",uiSeenUrl : '\x2fmail\x2fOptionsWriter.aspx\*'};

</Match>

So I added

Code:
[Patterns]
Name = "Protect <script> Loc for hotmail test"
Active = TRUE
URL = "$TYPE(htm)[^/]++.mail.live.com/mail/"
Limit = 256
Match = "<script>"
        "    Loc"
Replace = "<script>"
          "    Loc"

to the top of the webpage filters.
This seems to fix mail problems.

Live.com uses frames, unicode, and redirects.
The set adds elements that appear to confuse the browser or break things.
I added
Code:
[^/]++.live.com/ $SET(0=i_level:1.0.)

to Exceptions-U.

Everything, in mail, that I have checked seems to work now.
I suspect
$SET(0=i_level:1.0.) isn't specific enough and
"Protect <script> Loc for hotmail test" is too specific, however.

HTH
Oct. 10, 2009, 01:47 AM (This post was last modified: Oct. 10, 2009 01:48 AM by ProxoDent.)
JJoe,

I was able to get everything (see Note 1) working by adding the following to Exceptions-U.ptxt (no new filters required):

Code:
[^/]++.live.com/*$SET(0=a_adscr.a_noprint.a_rdlink.$TST(uDom=live.com))
[^/]++.hotmail.com/mail/*$SET(0=a_js.$TST(uDom=live.com))

That might satisfy the desire to be more specific, not sure.

By the way, in regard to 'live.com':

- a_adscr. resolved the issues of not being able to read mail, etc.;
- a_noprint. resolved incorrectly positioned 'footer' items on the pages;
- a_rdlink. prevented 'untangling' the URLs in the main menu items;

and in regard to 'hotmail.com':

- a_js. resolved the issue of page never fully loading when clicking to read an e-mail (actually, 'Loading ...' appears at the bottom of the page without this exception - see attached screen-shot);

I tested with Proxo SSL enabled and disabled with the same apparent results, mostly. When running without Proxo SSL, signing out of the account works cleanly and the user is dropped to MSN.com. However, if running Proxo SSL, an intermediate page appears stating that one or more of the account sub-modules could not be signed-out giving the user an opportunity to try again. I did not spend any time on tracing that down.

Notes:

1. 'Everything' may be too broad since there are a lot of things going on with 'live.com'. I tested beginning from the login page (https://login.live.com) and clicked through all the main links at the top of the pages once logged in. I also sent / received / read e-mail, added an attachment, added a contact, etc. and all seemed fine. There still may be something that was missed, however.

2. I created the Live account specifically to test for this post since I thought I could use it in the future to download MS 'beta' software (I believe a Live account is required for downloading such things as operating system betas / RCs, etc.). I intended to sign up for a while but never did. Since the account is new to me and likely won't get used much, my testing procedures may not have been as thorough as compared to someone more familiar with the account.

3. I don't have a FaceBook account and am not willing to join up just to test. I never even visit the site. Sorry. Smile!

Attached File(s) Image(s)

Oct. 10, 2009, 03:58 AM
(Oct. 10, 2009 01:47 AM)ProxoDent Wrote:  - a_adscr. resolved the issues of not being able to read mail, etc.;

This removes the need for the filter but I did see Ad Scripts that it could allow.
Probably prefer another solution.

(Oct. 10, 2009 01:47 AM)ProxoDent Wrote:  and in regard to 'hotmail.com':

I didn't notice a problem. I did see 'Loading ...' tho...
a_js. is broad.

Code:

The * isn't necessary.
I don't think $TST is doing what you think it is doing.
I'd expect $SET to set the variable when executed.
I'd expect $TST inside $SET to affect the variable, not the match.
Isn't uDom live.com or hotmail.com?

Consider

Code:
[Patterns]
Name = "Test $SET in $TST"
Active = FALSE
Limit = 256
Match = "$SET(uDom=knife.com)"
        "\1$SET(0=a_adscr.a_noprint$TST(uDom=live.com).a_rdlink.)"
Replace = "\0"

Test against

Code:
<enter test HTML here>

Result

Code:
a_adscr.a_noprint

Have fun
Oct. 10, 2009, 02:31 PM
(Oct. 10, 2009 01:47 AM)ProxoDent Wrote:  JJoe,

I was able to get everything (see Note 1) working by adding the following to Exceptions-U.ptxt (no new filters required):

Yes you did. I appreciate the contribution. Smile!
Was hoping for a mere confirmation of my findings.

I'm more than aware that these things can take a lot of time.
Be careful...

Thanks,
JJoe
Oct. 11, 2009, 12:11 AM
(Oct. 10, 2009 03:58 AM)JJoe Wrote:  
(Oct. 10, 2009 01:47 AM)ProxoDent Wrote:  - a_adscr. resolved the issues of not being able to read mail, etc.;

This removes the need for the filter but I did see Ad Scripts that it could allow.
Probably prefer another solution.

Yes. I noted 2 additional inline scripts that are allowed as a result (could easily change), but I think at least one of them is an undesired hit just like the 'Loc' code.

The 'Block: Ad Scripts - Content' filter that causes the original issues triggers this code in AdKeys-J.ptxt (as you are aware):

Code:
ad(v[#0:*]|id|s((^rc$TST(\3=>))[b-df-km-z][a-z]+{1,*}|(^=(\=\=|{})))
  |x(^ml)[a-z]+|[#0:*][g-z][a-z]+|_[a-z0-9]+{1,*})

which in turn matches the 'ad' like words in the following snippet from the 'Loc' script (the first match is 'adsMinInterval'):

Code:
"15.1.3020.0910",config : {adsMinInterval: "2", adsMinActions : "1",cookieDomain: ".mail.live.com",imgSvrUrl : "http://gfx2.hotmail.com/mail/w4/pr01/ltr/"}};Page = {addFeedbackData :

Most (if not all, at least that I could see) of the advert content is coming from code that is blocked by other filters, so relaxing the filtering via 'a_adscr' may be okay in this case. However, I probably say that because I'm not smart enough to come up with a filter that strikes the right balance between restricting too much and too little. Perhaps in the case of 'live.com', it might be better to err on the side of being less restrictive so as not to break anything when a single character of code changes.

(Oct. 10, 2009 01:47 AM)ProxoDent Wrote:  and in regard to 'hotmail.com':

I didn't notice a problem. I did see 'Loading ...' tho...
a_js. is broad.

Yep, it is broad. I'm checking in to narrowing it down. By the way, the problem that I am encountering is a 'waiting cursor' while 'Loading' even as the status bar says its 'Done' (see screen-shot for example) and eventually, the loading finally times out with an error message posted to the page (see attached screen-shot). The issue is highly repeatable, though it does not happen every time one attempts to read mail (maybe one out of every three tries or so). The problem goes away after applying the exception.

Code:

The * isn't necessary.
I don't think $TST is doing what you think it is doing.
I'd expect $SET to set the variable when executed.
I'd expect $TST inside $SET to affect the variable, not the match.

I agree with all your points. It was also redundant to have a test for 'uDom=live.com' when matching against '[^/]++.live.com' even if it did what I thought it was doing. I got a little hasty there. Just remove the $TSTs from the $SET code (and the asterisks can go as well). I found a couple of additional issues while playing with the site that I will address in the next post, and I'll present the (cleaned up) exceptions again updated for handling the new items.

Thanks.

P.S.

This is mostly academic for me now as I have installed the 'Outlook Connector' to handle most of the Live mail functions in Outlook:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en

Most customization still requires visiting the Web-based service, though.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

.png  LoadingTimeOut.png (Size: 6.48 KB / Downloads: 611)
Oct. 14, 2009, 11:56 AM (This post was last modified: Oct. 14, 2009 12:02 PM by ProxoDent.)
I finally got around to writing up the results of my additional testing of Live.com. Though I won't use 99% of this stuff, tests included:

- mail
- contacts
- calendar
- photos (slide show even works)
- themes
- SkyDrive (file storage)
- messenger (log-in and log-out only)
- other user settings (permissions, preferences, etc.)
- I'm Making A Difference program (MS donates ad revenue to charity)

I did not test:
- Groups
- Spaces
- Family Safety
- Mobile
- Office Live

I am posting all the exceptions even if they were previously discussed in this thread. Most were modified in some way, and more information about the exception may have been added. The comments (#) can be pasted into Exception-U.ptxt along with the exceptions themselves or deleted.

A text file containing the following code but consolidated for convenience is attached.

Code:
## General  ----------
#  a. Fix Proxo-imbedded bottom display (i.e., remove it)
#     * Unfiltered Behavior - no bottom display, of course.
#     * Filtered Behavior - on most Live.com pages, the Proxo-imbedded 'bottom'
#       display gets presented at the bottom of the page as well as at the top
#       of the page (part at the bottom, part at the top). The items that appear
#       at the top interfere with the page presentation.
#     * Filter(s) @ Issue:
#       Bottom Add: Display Code     07.06.15 (!nn) [sd] (d.1 l.4)
#       Bottom Add: Display Site Specific Info     09.07.04 (!nn) [sd jd] (d.1 l.2)
#       Bottom Add: Display Cookies     09.03.06 (!nn fail) [henk th sd] (d.1 l.3)
#       Bottom Add: Display Variables     09.05.13 (!nn) [sd] (d.1 l.5)
#     * Bypass Variable: $SET(0=a_noprint.)
#     * Notes:
#     * Screenshots: Yes (bottom_display_at_top.png)
#
#  b. 'Re-tangle' untangled URLs
#     * Unfiltered Behavior - Required complex URLs on the site are intact and function.
#     * Filtered Behavior - Required complex URLs are broken.
#     * Filter(s) @ Issue: <a>: URL Untangler     09.01.07 (multi) [gz sd] (d.2 l.3)
#     * Bypass Variable: $SET(0=a_rdlink.)
#     * Notes: The following two sample links represent a functioning URL and a
#       non-functioning filtered URL, respectively:
#          http://g.live.com/9uxp9en-us/hdr_main2??su=http://shared.live.com/Live.Spaces
#          http://shared.live.com/Live.Spaces
#     * Screenshots: No
#
#  c. Allow cookies (may not be necessary)
#     * Unfiltered Behavior - user preferences are persistent after saving them.
#     * Filtered Behavior - some user settings are lost.
#     * Filter(s) @ Issue: Cookie filters
#     * Bypass Variable: $SET(0=a_cookie.)
#     * Notes: The only place I saw an issue was on the 'themes' page. Saving a
#       selected theme would drop the user back to the profile page, but the
#       new theme would no longer be applied. After applying the exception and
#       re-applying / saving the new theme, a cookie dialog was presented
#       for 'ssw.live.com' which had previously been blocked automatically by the
#       configuration's default cookie settings. Allowing that cookie made the
#       settings 'stick'. As you can see from the other 'Live.com' exceptions,
#       the variable, 'a_cookie', is included in all of them, just in case blocked
#       cookies might cause issues elsewhere. I prefer to see the browser present
#       cookie options anyway. The same effect can be achieved by adding
#       appropriate items to the file, 'AllowCookies.txt', or by enabling or
#       disabling the configuration's cookie handling filters to your liking.

[^/]++.live.com/&(^([^/]++mail.live.com/mail)|([^/]++.live.com/options/themes)|help.live.com/(help|/help|resources)|calendar.live.com/calendar)  $SET(0=a_noprint.a_rdlink.a_cookie.)

Code:
## Mail ----------
#  1. Allow opening e-mails for reading
#     * Unfiltered Behavior - clicking on an e-mail message in any folder opens
#       the message for reading.
#     * Filtered Behavior - clicking on a message does nothing.
#     * Filter @ Issue: <script> Block: Ad Scripts - Content     09.07.04 [pr sd jd] (d.2)
#     * Bypass Variable: $SET(0=a_adscr.)
#     * Notes:

[^/]++mail.live.com/mail/*InBox  $SET(0=a_adscr.a_noprint.a_rdlink.a_cookie.)

#  2. Prevent page-loading hang-ups when opening e-mail messages (may not be necessary)
#     * Unfiltered Behavior - opening e-mail messages does not cause page-loading
#       hang-ups or time-outs.
#     * Filtered Behavior - a 'waiting cursor' and a 'Loading' indicator appear
#       when attempting to read e-mail messages and remain even as the browser
#       status bar shows 'Done'. Eventually, loading times-out with an error message
#       posted to the page.
#     * Filter @ Issue (Known): Remove: Ad Functions II - Code     09.06.01 [jd sd] (d.3 l.3)
#     * Filter @ Issue (Possible): Remove: Ad Functions I  - Names/Params     09.06.17 [jd sd] (d.2)
#     * Bypass Variable: $SET(1=adkey_j:0.) or $SET(0=a_adfn1.a_adfn2.)
#     * Notes:  The issue is highly repeatable, though it does not necessarily
#       happen every time attempts are made to read e-mail. Repeated attempts
#       may be required to produce the behavior.
#     * Screenshots: Yes (see previous post for related images)

gfx[0-9].hotmail.com/mail/    $SET(1=adkey_j:0.)

Code:
## Your Network Permissions (may not be necessary / commented out by default)
#     * URL - http://people.live.com/?rru=friendspermissions
#     * Unfiltered Behavior - 'Save' button works (opens different page upon clicking).
#     * Filtered Behavior - 'Save' button does nothing.
#     * Filter @ Issue: Cookies filters
#     * Bypass Variable: $SET(0=a_cookie.)
#     * Notes: Seems to work now without adding exception. Watch this one.

#[^/]++.msn.com/    $SET(0=a_cookie.)

Code:
## Help (User's Guide) ----------
#  1. Open Help Pane
#     * Unfiltered Behavior - clicking on top-level Help links should open a
#       separate pop-up window (the Help Pane).
#     * Filtered Behavior - clicking link does nothing.
#     * Filter @ Issue: <script> Block: Ad Scripts - Content     09.07.04 [pr sd jd] (d.2)
#     * Bypass Variable: $SET(1=adkey_j:0.) or $SET(0=a_adscr.)
#     * Notes:

[^/]++.mail.live.com/mail $SET(1=adkey_j:0.)&$SET(0=.a_noprint.a_rdlink.a_cookie.)

#  2. Populate FAQ and Toc in Help Pane (Omniture script required to use the Help feature)
#     * Unfiltered Behavior - FAQ and ToC should contain links to help topics
#     * Filtered Behavior - FAQ and ToC are empty
#     * Filter @ Issue: Top JS Replace: Ad Scripts II  - Initial Code     09.06.19 [sd] (d.1)
#     * Bypass Variable: $SET(0=a_ads.) or $SET(0=a_adjsex.)
#     * Notes: The Help link can be accessed from text-links directly placed on
#       the web page or as a sub-menu item (QuestionMark icon -> Help) depending
#       on the particular page (an inconsistency in site design). If accessed
#       from the icon, $SET(0=a_adjsex.) works. However, access via the text-links
#       require the more broad $SET(0=a_ads.).
#     * Screenshots: Yes (helplink_text.png, helplink_questionicon_submenu.png, help-pane_empty.png, help-pane_populated.png)

help.live.com/(help|/help|resources) $SET(0=a_ads.)

Code:
## Calendar  ----------
#  1. Prevent top menu duplication
#     * Unfiltered Behavior - main menu appears once at top of page
#     * Filtered Behavior -  main menu appears twice (one appears normally while
#       another is duplicated immediately below it) when accessing the Calendar
#       from some links. Generally speaking, any link to the Calendar other than
#       the one accessed from the main menu may produce the duplication.
#     * Filter @ Issue: Block: Frame Loaders     09.06.15 [sd mb] (d.2)
#     * Bypass Variable: $SET(0=a_jsframe.)
#     * Notes:
#     * Screenshots: Yes (menu_dup.png, menu_normal.png, menu_rel_places_link_causes_dup.png)

calendar.live.com/calendar  $SET(0=a_jsframe.a_noprint.a_rdlink.a_cookie.)

#  2. Re-enable editing-tool links when clicking on the Calendar 'charms'.
#     * Unfiltered Behavior - clicking on a charm (an icon used to represent a
#       birthday, an event, a specific calendar, etc.) where it appears within the
#       Calendar should open an editing tool allowing the user to edit the details
#       of the underlying item.
#     * Filtered Behavior - clicking icon / link does nothing.
#     * Filter @ Issue: Remove: Ad Functions II - Code     09.06.01 [jd sd] (d.3 l.3)
#     * Bypass Variable: $SET(0=a_adfn2.), or $SET(1=adkey_j:0.)
#     * Notes: A pop-up 'bubble' containing an 'edit' text-link appears when
#       hovering over a charm; the link is also fixed by applying this exception
#       (the actual pop-up bubble itself is otherwise unaffected by the filter-set).
#     * Screenshots: Yes (calendar_charm.png, calendar_editor.png)

gfx[0-9].hotmail.com/cal/  $SET(0=a_adfn2.)

Attached File(s)
.zip  live_exceptions.zip (Size: 2.97 KB / Downloads: 608)
.png  bottom_display_at_top.png (Size: 34.6 KB / Downloads: 634)
.png  themes_blankthumbs.png (Size: 62.71 KB / Downloads: 626)
.png  themes_thumbs.png (Size: 65.36 KB / Downloads: 628)
.png  helplink_text.png (Size: 11.12 KB / Downloads: 604)
.png  helplink_questionicon_submenu.png (Size: 5.21 KB / Downloads: 602)
.png  help-pane_empty.png (Size: 5.49 KB / Downloads: 601)
.png  help-pane_populated.png (Size: 31.92 KB / Downloads: 635)
.png  menu_dup.png (Size: 52.48 KB / Downloads: 595)
.png  menu_normal.png (Size: 25.71 KB / Downloads: 608)
.png  menu_rel_places_link_causes_dup.png (Size: 4.67 KB / Downloads: 630)
.png  calendar_charm.png (Size: 6.95 KB / Downloads: 607)
.png  calendar_editor.png (Size: 12.5 KB / Downloads: 640)
Oct. 15, 2009, 03:46 AM
Good Job! Thumbs Up

Do the below urls interfere with each other?
Code:
[^/]++mail.live.com/mail/*InBox
[^/]++.mail.live.com/mail

BTW, may I ask how many hours you have spent on the test? Smile!
Oct. 16, 2009, 12:48 PM (This post was last modified: Oct. 16, 2009 01:48 PM by ProxoDent.)
(Oct. 15, 2009 03:46 AM)whenever Wrote:  Good Job! Thumbs Up

Sarcasm? Smile!

(Oct. 15, 2009 03:46 AM)whenever Wrote:  Do the below urls interfere with each other?
Code:

Not in the sense that it breaks anything. At first glance, it might appear that:

Code:

would override:
Code:

in all circumstances. It does not, however. Without getting into details, the two exceptions share the load. Each exception does what I intended it to do per the comments I provided (as borne out by checking what Proxomitron is doing [http://local.ptron/.pinfo/lists/Exceptions-U]). However, when clicking on links in the Live.com mail module that fall outside the scope of the issues that the exceptions were designed to fix, then:

Code:

overrides (in most cases):

Code:

When I restrict '[^/]++.mail.live.com/mail' by changing it to:

Code:
[^/]++.mail.live.com/mail&(^[^/]++mail.live.com/mail/*InBox)

each act on the links I intended (as before), but on links outside that scope, the roles are reversed and:

Code:

gets the lions share of hits. I decided that this might be the better solution (again, either way works), and I have added it in along with some other changes I made (see next post).

I only suppose the behavior is related to how I have the following URL set up:

Code:
[^/]++.live.com/
    &(^([^/]++mail.live.com/mail)|
    ([^/]++.live.com/options/themes)|
    help.live.com/(help|/help|resources|
    thinservice)|calendar.live.com/calendar)
    $SET(0=a_noprint.a_rdlink.a_cookie.)

By the way, it would work, I guess, to keep only:

Code:

and delete the other one. However, I opted for two separate exceptions so I could disable them independently of each other. Of course, disabling '[^/]++.mail.live.com/mail' prevents Help from functioning, but that is fine depending on what you need.

Sorry for being so obtuse in the description of the behavior, but I was too lazy to better describe it. Which brings me to your question:

(Oct. 15, 2009 03:46 AM)whenever Wrote:  BTW, may I ask how many hours you have spent on the test? Smile!

Not sure how long.

I worked on it exclusively for several hours, but now it's just a matter of finding things as I go along. My goal really isn't to fix the site so much as it is to use the opportunity to figure out some things about how Proxo works. I'm decent at Python, Perl, HTML, PHP, etc., but staring at these long a** matching code strings and not having the luxuries of advanced, well-organized coding tools and great documentation is putting me in my place. I just added the Sidki config files as a project to Eclipse, so that helps keep things somewhat organized, using Mercurial as version control. It won't matter in a couple of days when I get burned out and move on anyway. Smile!

This exercise has really made me question whether I should continue using Proxomitron. I really like it and have used it for quite a while (just never dug that deeply into Sidki's config), but I am ambivalent. On the one hand, I'd like to continue to support Proxo and Sidki, but does my support show appreciation, or does it just prolong the torture of the few individuals that try to maintain a project that should, realistically, be maintained by hundreds of developers? I ask that only in half jest.
Oct. 16, 2009, 01:49 PM (This post was last modified: Oct. 16, 2009 01:50 PM by ProxoDent.)
Attached is an updated set of exceptions for anyone interested.

The updates include:

- fix for broken Javascript links in the Help section on Live.com. Certain links should expand to reveal additional documentation, but filtering causes a blank window to open instead. See attached images:

1. help-pane-jslink-working.png - shows JS links expanded to reveal additional text.
2. help-pane-jslink-broken_click_blank.png - show what happens when clicking a 'filtered' link

- modify one of the exceptions with a 'match only once' exclusion (fixes potential conflict with another exception). See previous post for discussion.

- changed some of the comments.

I've also got an alternative exceptions methodology I'll post a little later.

Attached File(s)
.zip  live_exceptions_v1.1.zip (Size: 3.24 KB / Downloads: 675)
.png  help-pane-jslink-working.png (Size: 15.73 KB / Downloads: 611)
.png  help-pane-jslink-broken_click_blank.png (Size: 7.91 KB / Downloads: 517)
Oct. 18, 2009, 07:20 AM
(Oct. 16, 2009 12:48 PM)ProxoDent Wrote:  This exercise has really made me question whether I should continue using Proxomitron. I really like it and have used it for quite a while (just never dug that deeply into Sidki's config), but I am ambivalent. On the one hand, I'd like to continue to support Proxo and Sidki, but does my support show appreciation, or does it just prolong the torture of the few individuals that try to maintain a project that should, realistically, be maintained by hundreds of developers? I ask that only in half jest.
Keep using and contribute to the community, if you really like it. Smile!

This is how you can support sidki: http://prxbx.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1190
Oct. 18, 2009, 07:29 AM
All of this is done on a volunteer-basis (although I still want Sidki to accept donations through PayPal since I think he deserves it).

I've given some money out of my own pocket to maintain these forums and the domain name (which has been running pretty smoothly Smile!). I don't really want any donations since I feel the experience has been thrilling, keeping Proxomitron alive.

I've been following the progress of this thread and I can say that you could and have certainly contributed to Sidki's config pack. Sidki has expressed that the main thing he needs are testers.

Cheers
Visit this user's website
Oct. 28, 2009, 06:08 PM
Focusing on critical errors with the alpha 4 config, what should i add/modify?

(Oct. 14, 2009 11:56 AM)ProxoDent Wrote:  
Code:
gfx[0-9].hotmail.com/cal/  $SET(0=a_adfn2.)

If you use...
Code:
[^.]+.hotmail.com/cal/&gfx[0-9]     $SET(0=a_adfn2.)
...instead, you'll preserve list hashing.
Nov. 15, 2009, 08:08 PM
I take it then that none of the fixes discussed here need to be ported to the next config, which surprises me...