sidki's config set: 2005-06-09
Jun. 29, 2005, 05:54 PM
RE: sidki's config set: 2005-06-09
Quote:Understanding Proxtoggle function...
...i realized, the swf files are always downloaded, and them are waiting we to click on toggle to appear in screen.
That's IE specific. I don't mind it with Flash so much, but it can be annoying for Java applets. Firefox and Opera don't load media while "display" is set to "none".

Quote:My question is:
To avoid the download of the .swf file always, clicking or not, could we modify the Proxtoggle function making a document.write for the second part?

I'll explain myself: Only if we click on toggle, the file would be downloaded, and rendered in screen.
You can't use document.write() after the page has loaded, but theoretically you can use document.createElement("object"). That's what i'm doing in "<object>...: Toggle BG Sound". It was easy there, because i didn't have to place the object tag at the old position. It's way more difficult for Flash. Sad

Quote:Other question:
This function could be used for another files? for example a gallery of images, to change a thumbnail for the image linked...
You can use it to toggle basically anything. Smile!
I also use it a lot in site-specific filters. Here is a break down: PrxToggle(nam, atr, tag, tog)

"nam" is the attribute value - e.g. "proxFlash".
"atr" can be "cl" for "class", or "id".
"tag" is the tag you want to show/hide - e.g. "div".
"tog" can be 0 or 1 - 0 would be irreversible toggle, so usually 1.

It doesn't matter for the function if you're setting "display:none" or "visibility:hidden", sometimes latter works better.

Quote:Ps- i'm still searching the HPguru filter...
He found it:
Code:
Name = "Kill excessive white space"
Active = TRUE
URL = "$TYPE(htm)"
Limit = 80
Match = "\n(\s|\n|\r)"
Replace = "\n"

sidki
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Jun. 29, 2005, 06:06 PM
RE: sidki's config set: 2005-06-09
Quote:In the next link the update_view function is also very interesting:

http://google-earth.softonic.com/file.phtm...iew=screenshots
Right! That's possible as well, just replacing the real document source with a dummy file, and vice versa. I tried it once, but didn't manage to get the old source reliably stored in a JS variable, so that i could switch sources on the fly.

What i got instead when toggling was "example_pic.png" as a string instead of the image! LOL

sidki
Jun. 29, 2005, 07:23 PM

Ups, IE specific, maybe it's time to try Opera. I forgot to menction i use Maxthon (IE based browser).

A lot of thanks Sidki, your explanations have helped me a lot.
I will study the possibilities of this functions and display:none to make good filters Smile!

Ps - Yes this was the filter i was searching for. Many thanks again. Wink
Jun. 29, 2005, 08:24 PM

My pleasure! Smile!