Problems on Fx/SeaMonkey/Iron at Microsoft support pages
Sep. 08, 2011, 01:08 AM (This post was last modified: Sep. 08, 2011 01:34 PM by JJoe.)
Problems on Fx/SeaMonkey/Iron at Microsoft support pages
I don't know when this happened as I have not accessed any pages at support.microsoft.com in quite awhile as I run XP Pro SP2 and can no longer install patches. But I have been trying to access Microsoft's support site since yesterday and I get a blank page even if I try from http://www.microsoft.com and click on "support". I was trying to access this page in particular: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2607712 .

I finally figured out that with Fx4.01, SeaMonkey 2.3.1, and Iron 13.0.800.1 that I have to BYPASS Proxo to reach any Microsoft support pages although I do NOT need to bypass Proxo to access Microsoft.com. However, on Opera 11.51, I do NOT need to bypass Proxo to access Microsoft support pages. I have Opera set to permanently identify on ALL sites as Firefox (but I have no idea if that has anything to do with Opera being able to access Microsoft support pages through Proxo while Firefox and SeaMonkey need Prox bypassed to access the pages).

I rarely use IE6 but I just tried it at Microsoft support and it also will load only a blank page UNLESS I bypass Proxo. I don't recall ever before needing to bypass Proxo to access Microsoft support pages. Is this something new or do I just have a horrible memory and have always had to bypass Proxo at Microsoft support? How come Opera though is set to use Proxo (I double checked the proxy set up for it) and it can access Microsoft support pages with no need to bypass Proxo. What makes it different? Especially since I have it set to identify as Firefox not as Opera? Until March 23, when I upgraded my ancient Fx 1.5 to Fx 4, I was using Opera almost exclusively for a couple of years and it has no problem at Microsoft support pages with Proxo enabled. Maybe I have just forgotten that I had to bypass Proxo if using Fx since it has been a couple of years since I used it much (and was using Fx 1.5 until March 23)? So, is it normal on current Fx, SeaMonkey, Iron browsers (and even ancient IE6) to have to bypass Proxo to access Microsoft support pages but not need to bypass on current Opera?

Edit by JJoe: Fixed link by adding space before "."
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Problems on Fx/SeaMonkey/Iron at Microsoft support pages - Mele20 - Sep. 08, 2011 01:08 AM