Is there a tutorial on troubleshooting non-functioning sites?
May. 28, 2013, 09:18 PM
Is there a tutorial on troubleshooting non-functioning sites?
I'm using the Sidki RC rule set, set to standard. I have a myriad of non-functioning sites or features. Rather than coming here to have a 3rd party troubleshoot my every problem, is there a method whereby I might fix the issues myself? I've tried adding said sites to my bypass list, but more often than not, it either doesn't work, or allows too much junk pass through. For example, I can't get liquidcompass based radio stations to play. I can't get pictures to show up on theblaze.com. Specifically, news story thumbnails.

Most of these problems are avoided my using light or minimal modes, but I also like the standard profile's ability to bypass redirect such as linkbucks. I found that I could retain functionality of most every troublesome web site by unticking "block/modify select js properties," and "" "" methods." I'm sure this opens me up to vulnerabilities though. I'm using Dragon, if that helps.

Also, what is it about the standard profile that prevents a site from opening new tabs, instead using the same window. Is there something I can do to defeat this behavior?

Thank you very much,

Cary
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Is there a tutorial on troubleshooting non-functioning sites? - Belarathon - May. 28, 2013 09:18 PM