SHEA'S.cmd.bat
Jun. 06, 2004, 08:02 PM

mozerd;

Nice research! Cheers

I hadn't even heard of that site before - good thing I'm not too old to learn a thing or two from you youngsters out there, right? Rocker

As it happens, the referenced page is pretty thorough, but I do disagree with the part about the "@echo off.... cls" statement. The author says that it will close a DOS session under Win98, but that isn't the case for me. Once again, it depends on that "Prevent...." box being checked under advanced properties.

I'll peruse the page more closely when I've got a few spare moments. For now, I just wanted to say thanks for the tip. Wink

Oddysey

I'm no longer in the rat race - the rats won't have me!
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Jul. 11, 2004, 07:15 PM

Hi "Guyz",
If You are running Win98, I think that if You right click on the "bat.file", then choose "properties", then Click on the "Program" Tab there is a box that You can "tick" that says "Close on Exit" that will do the trick.

Take Care and Best Wishes,
"JaK" =:-)
-----------------------------
Opps, . .Just read "Oddysey's" post giving the same info. Sorry. ~JaK~
Jul. 12, 2004, 08:16 AM

Hey Jak;

You may be a day late, but you were already a dollar short, so no harm done, right? Wink [lol]

Thanks for checkin' in, mate. You just gotta post more often - some folks is goin' outta their itty-bitty heads wonderin' where you's keepin' yourself at. Best not to let them build up too much pressure, eh? Not good for the brain-pan, nor for what's supposed by in that pan, either. Wink

Have a happy, and see ya real soon!

Oddysey

I'm no longer in the rat race - the rats won't have me!