Sidki 2008-01-02 Beta Updates - Discussion
Aug. 22, 2008, 10:18 AM
RE: Sidki 2008-01-02 Beta Updates - Discussion
Another change by google.. again the themes stopped working.
Quote this message in a reply
Aug. 22, 2008, 01:17 PM
(Aug. 22, 2008 06:12 AM)Guest Wrote:  Is it possible to unwrap the results lines? So that they flow across to fill the blank space where the removed right-hand adverts were?

Can you provide a URL to where this is happening? It'd make it a lot easier Smile!

(Aug. 22, 2008 10:18 AM)Guest Wrote:  Another change by google.. again the themes stopped working.

I've checked Google, and they still seem to be working fine. Can you also provide a URL?
Visit this user's website
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Aug. 22, 2008, 10:51 PM
http://www.google.com.au/search?num=100&...arch&meta=
Aug. 23, 2008, 02:32 AM
(Aug. 22, 2008 01:17 PM)Kye-U Wrote:  
(Aug. 22, 2008 06:12 AM)Guest Wrote:  Is it possible to unwrap the results lines? So that they flow across to fill the blank space where the removed right-hand adverts were?

Can you provide a URL to where this is happening? It'd make it a lot easier Smile!
It's everywhere for me! e.g. http://www.google.com/search?num=10&q=dell . I assumed it was a design decision, rather than a bug.

I've tried using just sidki_oob.ptron with only your 5 filters swapped. Same in all browsers.

Here's a screenshot: http://i35.tinypic.com/24masm1.jpg

Do the lines (e.g. "Visit Dell to buy computers and accessories for your Home or Small, Medium & Large Business. Explore our company information, learning sites, ... " not wrap for you?

Dave
Aug. 23, 2008, 03:14 AM
Dear Dave, I have updated the sticky with updated filters for all of the three themes. Thanks!
Aug. 23, 2008, 05:00 AM
No, thank you, Kye-U Smile!.

The lines wrap for me now.

Though the Google Search: Add Modifier Links 7.12.20 (multi) [sd] (d.s) filter no longer seems to add a "Thumbnails" link onto the top line.

And the Google: Cached Header Mover 7.06.22 [th sd] (d.s) filter no longer seems to add back the header (removed, I think, by the Remove: Specific Pre-Head Blocks 7.07.02 [sd] (d.2) filter) to the bottom of the page. So that a Google Cache page is indistinguishable from the original page (apart from the URL), and doesn't have the handy links to the original page or Text-only version.

I guess it's all part of the same changes?

Dave
Aug. 23, 2008, 08:56 AM
I'm having trouble with gmail using the current filters. I get error saying that some gmail features have failed to load.
Aug. 23, 2008, 01:19 PM
that is because sidki's IncExc file contains sCookieF "all over the place" and the "renamed" sidki header filter renames it without making the same changes in the IncExc file...

for now, disable the Cookie: 2 Fake Cookies on sel. Sites 7.07.24 [sd] (d.0 l.3) [un-082208] (Out) filter, re-enable sidki's Cookie: 2 Fake Cookies on sel. Sites 7.07.24 [sd] (d.0 l.3) (Out) and all should be back to normal...

you can still keep the Cookie: 2b Fake/Replace Cookie on sel. Sites 7.07.24 [sd] (d.0 l.3) [un-082208] (Out) filter but note that it will only "fake/replace" *new* IncExc-U entries...
Aug. 23, 2008, 03:21 PM
Tried doing that but I still get the error message... Sad
Aug. 24, 2008, 10:31 AM
Hello again Kye-U and thanks for keeping the config updated.

A question:
In your updated configs topic, where you've posted more than one filter within a 'code' tagged area ...
Do we paste/copy/import the filters exactly as they are shown, or do we need to also add a '[Patterns]' or '[HTTP headers]' line at the start where one isn't shown?
ie only the first filter in a 'code' area show this initial line.

I hope that makes sense,
Thanks a lot,
Lee
Aug. 24, 2008, 01:34 PM
only one [x] line is needed, and it has to be before the FIRST filter...
also, you can only "copy from clipboard" either pattern filters OR header filters, NOT both...

you can copy as many at a time, but only one "type" at a time...

hth...
Aug. 24, 2008, 04:27 PM
(Aug. 23, 2008 05:00 AM)Guest Wrote:  Though the Google Search: Add Modifier Links 7.12.20 (multi) [sd] (d.s) filter no longer seems to add a "Thumbnails" link onto the top line.

And the Google: Cached Header Mover 7.06.22 [th sd] (d.s) filter no longer seems to add back the header (removed, I think, by the Remove: Specific Pre-Head Blocks 7.07.02 [sd] (d.2) filter) to the bottom of the page. So that a Google Cache page is indistinguishable from the original page (apart from the URL), and doesn't have the handy links to the original page or Text-only version.

I've updated the first two filters mentioned Smile! I never knew about the "thumbnail-preview" feature! For anyone else who is wondering what I'm talking about, in IncludeExclude, search for # Google Search, and in the $SET(0=.... line, add s_thumb. to the end, so it looks like $SET(0=a_ads.a_rdlink.a_jslink.a_target.i_popup_b:0.i_timer:2.f_cookie.s_thumb.)

(Aug. 24, 2008 10:31 AM)leecovuk Wrote:  A question:
In your updated configs topic, where you've posted more than one filter within a 'code' tagged area ...
Do we paste/copy/import the filters exactly as they are shown, or do we need to also add a '[Patterns]' or '[HTTP headers]' line at the start where one isn't shown?
ie only the first filter in a 'code' area show this initial line.

You would locate the original filter in your Web filter list first, then copy/paste import the individual updated filter above or below the original, then either untick or delete the original filter. I'd recommend you do this on a one-by-one basis. You don't need to add a '[Patterns]' or '[HTTP headers]' line at the start if it isn't shown, as long as you're importing it in the correct section ("Web" or "Header"), as ProxRocks said Smile! Just make sure you're copying one whole filter at a time. For the three alternative Google styles, you can copy/paste/import all three at the same time.
Aug. 24, 2008, 06:02 PM
(Aug. 24, 2008 04:27 PM)Kye-U Wrote:  I never knew about the "thumbnail-preview" feature!

publicly maintained HOSTS files will block this "feature" (open.thumbshots.org)...

so you'll need to disable that entry in your HOSTS file if you want this "feature"...
Aug. 24, 2008, 08:07 PM
thanks for your replies;

ok, so we basically copy/paste/import the filters exactly as shown, of course assuming we're in the correct filter section of Prox and adjacent to any existing filter (which we will make sure to disable).

Thanks a lot,
Lee
Aug. 25, 2008, 03:52 AM
(Aug. 24, 2008 04:27 PM)Kye-U Wrote:  
(Aug. 23, 2008 05:00 AM)Guest Wrote:  Though the Google Search: Add Modifier Links 7.12.20 (multi) [sd] (d.s) filter no longer seems to add a "Thumbnails" link onto the top line.
I never knew about the "thumbnail-preview" feature!

I think Dave is talking about this:
[Image: google_after.png]

There is a "Thumbnails" link onto the top line and there is no need to modify the IncludeExclude.ptxt file because there is a prx-keyword=.s_thumb. in the "Thumbnails" link, which is added on the fly by below code:
Code:
"<span id(=$AV(sd) >(^$TST(keyword=*.s_thumb.*))$STOP()$INEST(<span,</span))\2"
        "$SET(1="
        "<span id\2&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;"
        "<a id="topthumb" class="toplink" href="\u?prx-keyword=.s_thumb.">Thumbnails</a> &nbsp;"
        ")"