How to stop a specific gif and ads banner
Sep. 02, 2008, 12:33 AM
RE: How to stop a specific gif and ads banner
Limit is the amount of bytes the filter is allowed to match. For example, if you wanted to replace <html> with <foobar>, the Bytes Limit would be 6, since there are 6 characters (or bytes) in "<html>". If you set it to anything less than 6, the filter won't match, since it would be looking for something like "<html" (since the bytes limit is too small). You can see the approximate Bytes Limit value by copy/pasting the original section of the source code into the Test window, and clicking on "Profile", to count how many bytes there are.

$INEST is a function built into Proxomitron that helps prevent any confusion with nested tags. Imagine you want to remove <div id="1><div id="2">nested content</div></div>. If your matching expression is "<div * </div>", then it would leave behind an extra "</div>", since it doesn't understand that there could be a nested div, so it matches the first "</div>" it sees. $INEST replaces the wildcard and makes for a much smarter matching expression Smile!

$TST basically tests a variable for a value. Say that the matching expression is "<div>\1</div>$TST(\1=*sometext*)". This will mean it will match "<div>blah sometext blah</div>" and not "<div>blah blah blah</div>". For the opposite effect, to test if a variable doesn't contain certain text, you'd use (^$TST(\1=*sometext*)), which means in literal terms: "Don't match if \1 contains 'sometext'". The (^...) is similar to != for PHP (and Javascript), which means "not", like: 1 != 2.

The problem should be fixed. I forgot to close a color tag in my post! Wink
Visit this user's website
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Sep. 02, 2008, 01:05 AM (This post was last modified: Sep. 02, 2008 01:25 AM by pjo.)
Different subject.

I am puzzeld. With Firefox 3, I cannot view this forum anymore without running Proxomitron.

Other pa?es are displayed ok with Firefox 3.

Even if Proxomitron is not running, accessing this forum displays "Connection Killed!" in Firefox 3, which I think Proxomitron is generating.

Proxomitron is NOT running.

Any advise on this ?

pjo
(Sep. 02, 2008 12:33 AM)Kye-U Wrote:  Limit is the amount of bytes the filter is allowed to match. For example, if you wanted to replace <html> with <foobar>, the Bytes Limit would be 6, since there are 6 characters (or bytes) in "<html>". If you set it to anything less than 6, the filter won't match, since it would be looking for something like "<html" (since the bytes limit is too small). You can see the approximate Bytes Limit value by copy/pasting the original section of the source code into the Test window, and clicking on "Profile", to count how many bytes there are.

$INEST is a function built into Proxomitron that helps prevent any confusion with nested tags. Imagine you want to remove <div id="1><div id="2">nested content</div></div>. If your matching expression is "<div * </div>", then it would leave behind an extra "</div>", since it doesn't understand that there could be a nested div, so it matches the first "</div>" it sees. $INEST replaces the wildcard and makes for a much smarter matching expression Smile!

$TST basically tests a variable for a value. Say that the matching expression is "<div>\1</div>$TST(\1=*sometext*)". This will mean it will match "<div>blah sometext blah</div>" and not "<div>blah blah blah</div>". For the opposite effect, to test if a variable doesn't contain certain text, you'd use (^$TST(\1=*sometext*)), which means in literal terms: "Don't match if \1 contains 'sometext'". The (^...) is similar to != for PHP (and Javascript), which means "not", like: 1 != 2.

The problem should be fixed. I forgot to close a color tag in my post! Wink

Thank You, Kye-U, for the explanation.

Now I understand how it works better.

pjo
It turned out that it takes a while for Firefox to change the mode, not using proxy. Now without running Proxomitron and Proxy setting, Firefox can display this forum.

But with Proxomitron and proxy setting is on, Firefox display "Connection Killed!".

How can I change the setting of Proxomitron to display this forum ?

pjo
Sep. 02, 2008, 02:50 AM
It looks like the inability for Firefox to display this forum is caused by Google Analytics.

http://prxbx.com/forums/showthread.php?t...ion+Killed discuss this subject but I do not understand fully how to make Firefox display this forum.

Some portions from HTTP Message log is attached.

Please advise how to cope with this for the default config.

pjo

Attached File(s)
.txt  portionOfHttpLog.txt (Size: 3.34 KB / Downloads: 702)
Sep. 02, 2008, 05:53 AM
Testing results:

default config.
If Outgoing Header Filters are disabled this forum is displayed OK.
If Web Page Filters are enabled, logo images in this forum are not displayed.

Please advise what settings in "Outgoing Header Filters" are affecting the display of this forum. Also how to display logos with Web Page Filters enabled.

pjo
Quote this message in a reply
Sep. 02, 2008, 06:03 AM
I disabled URL-Killer out in the header and now Firefox displays this forum ok.

How can the logo be displayed with Web Filter ?

HTTP Message Log is attached.

Attached File(s)
.txt  prbxForums.txt (Size: 2.08 KB / Downloads: 628)
Sep. 03, 2008, 10:22 PM
What if you try using Sidki's config? The default config that comes with Proxomitron is alright, but it doesn't quite remove all the nasties out on the Internet (and it also may produce false positives, as you are experiencing Sad)
Visit this user's website
Sep. 04, 2008, 12:44 AM
(Sep. 03, 2008 10:22 PM)Kye-U Wrote:  What if you try using Sidki's config? The default config that comes with Proxomitron is alright, but it doesn't quite remove all the nasties out on the Internet (and it also may produce false positives, as you are experiencing Sad)

Thanks, Kye-U,

Sidki is OK to display this forum logo although Sidiki is a bit modified with your filter, FriebdlyColor.

I am wondering what is causing stopping this forum logo in the case of the default.cfg.