OOF
Jun. 10, 2004, 04:16 AM

Gang,

I delayed sending this because I'm a lazy procrastinator. In short, I'm outta here for the next three weeks. Gotta go do the vacation thing with the other half, she gets real cranky when I try to duck out of it. Sigh. No innernet for 21 days, unless I can sneak into a 'TardNet cafe, or maybe a library.

Usually, those things are so locked down that you can't do squat on their machines, and I don't dare connect my laptop to their wireless networks - no telling what kind of trollware they might have going. Better to starve than to risk infection, right? <_<

I'll check in right after we get back, sometime around the 1st of July. Try not to trash the place while I'm gone, OK? :P 'Till then, amigos!

Oddysey

I'm no longer in the rat race - the rats won't have me!
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Jun. 16, 2004, 09:12 PM

BIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!! HAVE FUN!!!!!
Jun. 28, 2004, 11:22 PM

Oddysey Wrote:I'll check in right after we get back, sometime around the 1st of July. Try not to trash the place while I'm gone, OK? :P 'Till then, amigos!

Oddysey
I'm a procrastinator myself Wink

Sorry for this late reply, been busy with my arm and regaining functionality of it.

Can't wait till you get back! Hope you have had a safe, yet enjoyable vacation!
Visit this user's website
Jul. 02, 2004, 08:17 PM

Yoohoo, I'm back!

OK, OK, don't get too excited. It was uneventful in that everything went according to plan, if you don't count the atrocious motel we stayed at in Sioux Falls, SD during the last weekend of June. (Don't get me started, I'm still not over that one.)

Good to be back, but I've got a lot of catching up to do. My mail box was only 38 messages long for the three weeks, the frau's Inbox was over 260 messages long!! Guess now we know who's the more popular one between us, eh? Big Teeth

Kye-U, hope you're feeling better. Did you take everyone's advice and layoff the keyboard for as long as your doctor told you to? [lol]

Now to start in on that pile of unread threads!

Oddysey

Jul. 02, 2004, 08:24 PM

Oddysey Wrote:Kye-U, hope you're feeling better. Did you take everyone's advice and layoff the keyboard for as long as your doctor told you to? [lol]
Haha, thanks!

Nope Whistling I went ahead and finished most of the site:

http://prxbx.com/index.php

And I also made a security pack you can get in the Security Forum.

Glad to have you back! Wink
Jul. 02, 2004, 09:03 PM

Kye-U;
Quote:
Quote: (Oddysey @ Jul 2 2004, 03:12 PM)
Kye-U, hope you're feeling better. Did you take everyone's advice and layoff the keyboard for as long as your doctor told you to?
Nope I went ahead and finished most of the site:
Hah! Just so long as I don' t have to pay your doctor bills! :o Big Teeth Cheers

The new site looks promising. But am I getting old-timer's disease, or did you not promise to make the site easy on an old fossil's eyes? I mean, ultra-high reverse contrast (Gothic) might be OK for some people, but us refugees from the undertaker can't do that kind of thing any more. Banging Head Or are you planning on adding a skinning function, ala these Invision Forums? That would be cool, to say the least.

Now to return to the rest of my catching up!

Oddysey

Jul. 02, 2004, 09:48 PM

Gald to see your back Oddysey! I think the colors on the site look fine, but I'm young like Kye-U so I don't know what old-timer's disease is like. Maybe you could make a proxo filter for it, afterall, thats what the site is about.

�{=(~�::[Shea]::��~)=}�
How 'bout you sideburns, you want some of this milk?
This fading text is pretty cool, eh? I bet you wish you had some.
Jul. 02, 2004, 10:46 PM

Oddysey Wrote:The new site looks promising.&nbsp; But am I getting old-timer's disease, or did you not promise to make the site easy on an old fossil's eyes?
Sorry Fossil, I forgot about you [lol]

I'll make the (black) background a sort of medium dark blue.

EDIT: Done
Jul. 04, 2004, 05:14 AM

Shea,
Quote: Maybe you could make a proxo filter for it, afterall, thats what the site is about.
Yep, I sure could. In fact, Siamesecat has already done the homework for me - remember his filter of a few months ago? It changed the background color depending on what it was originally, and where he was visiting. I've shown that to a couple of my friends, and that turned them on to Proxo for good! Big Teeth However, that isn't really as good a solution as a whole-site skin, IMHO.

FWIW, there's a reason that the human eye likes dark on light color combinations for reading purposes. Call it hard-wired code in our brains, or whatever you like, but mankind has known this for centuries. But it doesn't become noticible until your late 40's or early 50's, at least for the majority of us. And while there aren't any rules that say a website must have black on white, there also aren't any rules against complaining to the management about white on black, either! :o Big Teeth

Actually, I don't really mind large contrasts so much (white on black), it's the dark blues, dark reds and browns on black that irrigate me so much. Those page authors really don't want any old farts looking at their stuff, as far as I'm concerned. Or maybe they don't know about the Clarifier, hehehe. [lol]

Enough ranting. Thanks Kye-U, looking better all the time! Hail

Oddysey

Jul. 04, 2004, 05:20 AM

Oddysey Wrote:Enough ranting. Thanks Kye-U, looking better all the time! Hail
So, you old fossil ( Wink ), happy with the contrast now? Smile!
Jul. 04, 2004, 05:30 AM

Kye-U;
Quote:
Oddysey Wrote:Enough ranting.&nbsp; Thanks Kye-U, looking better all the time!&nbsp; Hail
So, you old fossil ( Wink ), happy with the contrast now? Smile!
Yep, looks tons better!

Just took a long look, and will PM you a couple of suggestions - look for 'em soon, in an Inbox near you! :P

Oddysey