Faster access to debugging
Jun. 23, 2009, 11:07 AM (This post was last modified: Jun. 23, 2009 11:22 AM by Arne.)
RE: Faster access to debugging
I had to try this GreenBrowser. First it failed to surf anything at all, just gave up because of a dll error. But after a reboot it worked. Kind of too much work when it has to have my proxy written in 2 places though, before it would go through Proxomitron.

The filter works fine with the F6 button for me, - both FireFox and GreenBrowser
Update: And now confirmed in Sleipnir as well

By the way: Sleipner and Greenbrowser are much faster than my Firefox
Visit this user's website
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Jun. 23, 2009, 11:40 AM
(Jun. 23, 2009 10:21 AM)Arne Wrote:  I guess using Notepad makes me a complete idiot then; since we are judged by the programs we use! ;-)

not hardly... i use notepad Big Teeth

(i've tried alternatives like notepad++, notepad2, metapad, pspad, et cetera, but when it came right down to it, the bells and whisltes are just novelty items that lose their luster and do nothing but collect dust after a while...)
Jun. 23, 2009, 11:41 AM
Same here LOL I have them all and still use that lill Notepad.
Jun. 23, 2009, 11:45 AM
(Jun. 23, 2009 11:07 AM)Arne Wrote:  By the way: Sleipner and Greenbrowser are much faster than my Firefox

Bingo!!! Amen!!!

there are times, seldom, but they do exist, that i "need" Firefox...
but NOT for day-to-day casual browsing, window shopping, just-looking, read-a-site, view-a-site...

ask any surfer, all you need is a piece of plywood to "surf"...
you don't "need" a $500 paint job that woos the onlookers, just a plane ol' piece of plywood...

Big Teeth
Jun. 23, 2009, 11:47 AM
(Jun. 23, 2009 11:07 AM)Arne Wrote:  ...just gave up because of a dll error. But after a reboot it worked. Kind of too much work when it has to have my proxy written in 2 places though, before it would go through Proxomitron.

what's the Operating System?
first i've heard of anything like this, are you doing any third-party .dll-injections?
Jun. 23, 2009, 11:49 AM
I am definitely going to change my preferred browser, but I am not sure if it will be one or the other yet. For that I have to try them both for a while. At the moment Sleipnir is ahead by one star, but that can change. Firefox is so much behind and will lose. That sure happened fast!! Benn using FF for 3 years I think and have noticed it getting slower and slower. I did not know of an alternative before you posted that post. Thanks!
Jun. 23, 2009, 11:53 AM
Quote:what's the Operating System?
first i've heard of anything like this, are you doing any third-party .dll-injections?

Vista 32 on my laptop and the install was right out of the box, and no injections. But it works fine now.
Jun. 23, 2009, 12:16 PM
(Jun. 23, 2009 11:49 AM)Arne Wrote:  I am definitely going to change my preferred browser, but I am not sure if it will be one or the other yet. For that I have to try them both for a while. At the moment Sleipnir is ahead by one star, but that can change. Firefox is so much behind and will lose. That sure happened fast!! Benn using FF for 3 years I think and have noticed it getting slower and slower. I did not know of an alternative before you posted that post. Thanks!

i honestly think that if more Firefox "casual surfers" would surf with something OTHER than Firefox, they'd see the pitfalls of Firefox and not be so blindly short-sighted...

don't get me wrong, i'm saying that for CASUAL SURFING, Firefox has its pitfalls... BUT for actual DEBUGGING of a web site (something that "casual surfers" simply do NOT do!), then their are BETTER browsers out there!

don't forget to check out the "Edit Html" GreenBrowser plugin, def. one of my fav's...

and Sleipnir's "SnapCrab", "Headline-Reader", and "Headline-Ticker" plugins...
Jun. 23, 2009, 12:52 PM
I sure will. I have finally found the file so I dont have to read a chineese Google and now I can see things I understand LOL

Now I am trying to figure out how to get my aliases to work; you know the dot .bl etc. Not found it yet.
Jun. 23, 2009, 01:12 PM
in GreenBrowser -

to "alias" from the ADDRESS bar, go to Tools -> URL Alias -> Set URL Alias...

to "alias" from the SEARCH bar, i use a Proxo filter so that my "aliases" travel with me, no matter what browser i happen to be using at the time...

Code:
In = FALSE
Out = TRUE
Key = "!-|||||||||||| URL: Google Search Alias-inator (Out) [add]"
URL = "[^.]+.google.[^/]+/search\?*q\=$LST(Alias)(%20|\+)([^&]+)\2$LOG(RGET $DTM(c) : Google Search Alias-inator)$JUMP(http://$GET(PreAlias)\2$GET(PostAlias))"

my current $LST(Alias):
Code:
#
# NOADDURL
#

# Google Image
i    $SET(PreAlias=images.google.com/images?q=)

# Google Finance
gf    $SET(PreAlias=finance.google.com/finance?q=)

# Google - Feeling Lucky
fl    $SET(PreAlias=www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=)$SET(PostAlias=&btnI=I%27m+Feeling+Lucky)

# Scroogle
scr    $SET(PreAlias=www.scroogle.org/cgi-bin/nbbw.cgi?Gw=)$SET(PostAlias=&n=2)

# Yahoo Web
y    $SET(PreAlias=search.yahoo.com/search?p=)$SET(PostAlias=&ei=UTF-8)

# Yahoo Image
yi    $SET(PreAlias=images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?ei=UTF-8&p=)

# Yahoo Finance
f    $SET(PreAlias=finance.yahoo.com/q?s=)

# Yahoo Ticker Lookup
look    $SET(PreAlias=finance.yahoo.com/lookup?s=)

# Yahoo Message Board
mess    $SET(PreAlias=messages.finance.yahoo.com/mb/)

# MSN Search
ms    $SET(PreAlias=search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=)

# MSN Money
mm    $SET(PreAlias=moneycentral.msn.com/scripts/webquote.dll?iPage=qd&Symbol=)

# CNN Money
cm    $SET(PreAlias=money.cnn.com/quote/quote.html?symb=)

# Motley Fools
mf    $SET(PreAlias=caps.fool.com/Ticker.aspx?ticker=)

# Fool.com Chart
fc    $SET(PreAlias=quote.fool.com/chart.aspx?s=)

# TradingDay
td    $SET(PreAlias=www.tradingday.net/cgi-bin/inet_rss_quotes.cgi?s=)

# RealTime
rt    $SET(PreAlias=quotes.freerealtime.com/rt/frt/M?IM=quotes&symbol=)$SET(PostAlias=&type=Quote)

# Extended Trading
et    $SET(PreAlias=www.nasdaq.com/aspxcontent/ExtendedTradingcharts.aspx?mkttype=after&page=afterhours&selected=)

# Earnings Whispers
we    $SET(PreAlias=www.earningswhispers.com/stocks.asp?symbol=)

# InvestorVillage
iv    $SET(PreAlias=www1.investorvillage.com/findboard.asp?pt=m&symbol=)

# StockChart
sc    $SET(PreAlias=stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=)$SET(PostAlias=&p=D&yr=1&mn=7&dy=0&i=p67480574401)

# Stockpickr!
sp    $SET(PreAlias=www.stockpickr.com/thestreet-symbol/)$SET(PostAlias=/)

# Small Cap Directory
small    $SET(PreAlias=www.smallcapdirectory.com/Search.aspx?k=)$SET(PostAlias=&con=a&e=&i=&mcmin=-1&mcmax=-1&c=&ld=0&lk=&t=&ri=0&ps=250)

# Acronym Finder
a    $SET(PreAlias=www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?Acronym=)

# Dictionary.com
d    $SET(PreAlias=dictionary.reference.com/search?q=)

# IMDb Search
imdb    $SET(PreAlias=www.imdb.com/find?q=)

# Wikipedia
wiki    $SET(PreAlias=en.wikipedia.org/wiki/)

# Uncyclopedia
uncy    $SET(PreAlias=uncyclopedia.org/wiki/)
(a few of these are dead, i just haven't taken the time to remove from my list...)
Jun. 23, 2009, 07:08 PM
Works fine! Thanks!
Jun. 24, 2009, 05:09 AM
(Jun. 23, 2009 11:40 AM)ProxRocks Wrote:  (i've tried alternatives like notepad++, notepad2, metapad, pspad, et cetera, but when it came right down to it, the bells and whisltes are just novelty items that lose their luster and do nothing but collect dust after a while...)
Maybe you can give Greenpad a try. It's just as lightweight as notepad but give you a little more like Syntax Highlighting, RegExp Search, Unicode Support etc...
Jun. 24, 2009, 06:48 AM
Quote:While I'm "diatribing", Firefox surfers are NOT, as a rule of thumb, "more advanced" surfers (among the Proxo community, YES!)... "Some" Firefox users, non-Proxo, use Firefox solely on "hype" and nothing more... "Some" Firefox users are so ignorant about computers that they don't even know how to check the memory footprint of an app... "Some" Firefox users have NEVER (and will never!) view the "source code" of ANY web site, they use Firefox based off of 1980's security hype and nothing more...
Quite a few Firefox users are tweakers at heart, however. I like Firefox because it is so configurable, and it can be extended in many ways, and themed to change its appearance as well.
Jun. 24, 2009, 01:54 PM (This post was last modified: Jun. 24, 2009 02:04 PM by lnminente.)
(Jun. 23, 2009 09:50 AM)ProxRocks Wrote:  keep in mind though that a "base config" is NOT to be designed around ONE web browser...
My config is not based on any browser, it pretends to be based on standards only, so the ONE you are talking should be Safari.

If people prefer another key its fine for me. Feel free to post a poll to decide another key, i will not try every existing browser just for deciding a key.

(Jun. 23, 2009 09:50 AM)ProxRocks Wrote:  "Some" Firefox users, non-Proxo, use Firefox solely on "hype" and nothing more... "Some" Firefox users are so ignorant about computers that they don't even know how to check the memory footprint of an app... "Some" Firefox users have NEVER (and will never!) view the "source code" of ANY web site, they use Firefox based off of 1980's security hype and nothing more... </end diatribe>
Some Windows users (not you) don't know what is the meaning of "browser", so they neither search for a new one.

@Arne, try creating a new empty profile, you will see how much faster it will be. I was near to move to chrome until i cleaned my profile and updated to 3.5. Anyway we use to talk about browsers here
Jun. 24, 2009, 02:15 PM
i hope i wasn't stepping on a toe, lol...
certainly didn't intend to...

it's just my "real-life" experience (ie, "real people", not via web forums or whatnot and "cyber people") and said "real-life" experience with Firefox users that REALLY irratates me...

again, not "you all", not you "cyber people" that i converse with here, but the "real-life" Firefox users i know all but carry an aluminum bat, a sledge hammer, and a pick-axe with them wherever they go and beat the living crap out of anyone that doesn't use their beloved Firefox, "how can you be so freakin' stupid, you are a retard if you don't use Firefox"...

so perhaps i take my "aggressions" out on these "real-life" people by posting an anti-fox view to my "cyber friends"...

no toes were axed in the making of this post...
unless those toes were attached to a four-legged carnivore of the canine variety... Big Teeth