Sidki, Grypen
Nov. 12, 2008, 06:34 PM
RE: Sidki, Grypen
(Nov. 12, 2008 05:46 PM)Oddysey Wrote:  As noted before, until the entire TCP/IP process changes, drastically, then HTTP transfers will continue to use Port 80, and that means that the Proxomitron can't die. Period.

AMEN!

i fail to comprehend all the WHINING about "Proxo is going to die because its creator has passed"...

WHOOPTIE-FREAKIN' DOO!!!

i have AT LEAST a DOZEN programs that i use DAILY that "pre-date" Proxo by a good four to six YEARS!!!

seriously, god(s|) and/or God forbid, this forum and any like it could DROP OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH, do you think that's gonna stop ME from using Proxo? HADES NO!!!
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Nov. 12, 2008, 09:25 PM (This post was last modified: Nov. 12, 2008 09:31 PM by besafe.)
Some people are good at comprehending; others not so. Never been a problem of mine. Like I said; I will continue to use proxo on all my pc's until it is no longer viable to do so. The longer down the road that is, the better. Of course, if something better comes along, I will switch. I don't have brand/software loyalty problems. Smile!
"As noted before, until the entire TCP/IP process changes, drastically, then HTTP transfers will continue to use Port 80, and that means that the Proxomitron can't die. Period."

Perhaps I should word that differently. Once a program gets to the point that it doesn't do what I need/want it to do. It is dead to me, and will be off my system. It is still going strong for me now; but I will have to see how it does in the future. Smile!
Nov. 13, 2008, 05:45 PM
Hey!! I downloaded the last set from Grypen and it is from only 3 months ago!! Big Teeth

I'll take a look, i never used it...

http://www.leemingdesigns.com/Downloads/...080812.exe
Nov. 13, 2008, 06:13 PM
ah, thanks, i somehow missed that, i thought he was still at 3/28/08...
Mar. 31, 2009, 01:08 AM (This post was last modified: Mar. 31, 2009 01:09 AM by lnminente.)
New release from Grypen Smile!)

I'm monitoring this web and Grypen uploded his config today, but the config seems to be from 20090111
May. 30, 2009, 10:47 AM (This post was last modified: May. 30, 2009 02:10 PM by Arne.)
Very interesting topic!

I did not close the forums - my isp closed the asp support. (Why would I be eager to share them again, if I wished to close them?)
http://www.gecco.dk/oldforum/index.php?topic=1816.0

It was Scott who wanted an Official forum, so he only had to relate and read one forum, in his own words. So making fun of me, because of that, was to make fun of Scott. He did not have time to deal with all the gossip.

"Arne is a very bitter man..." Those who actually know me, know otherwise.

I founded "Single- & Parttime Parents" which advocated children's rights in a devorce situation back in 1997/8
http://web.archive.org/web/1999020821560...indnew.htm

I do not live in Denmark because I wore out anything. I live here by choice.

It is ok if you can't stand me, but keep on to the truth and don't spread lies and gossip.

Mostly the negative posts here talk more about the author than me.

This will be my only post in this topic and the purpose is to set things/leies straight and not to discuss the matter.
Visit this user's website
May. 30, 2009, 10:25 PM (This post was last modified: May. 30, 2009 10:26 PM by bugger.)
so with all the oldies back....does anyone remember who scott sold the source code to or have a method to find out?

Maybe we can all chip in to buy the source code within reason Smile!
May. 30, 2009, 10:50 PM (This post was last modified: May. 31, 2009 01:00 PM by lnminente.)
I think Junkbuster has its code... If you go to http://www.junkbuster.com/ijb.html you can download its source code, maybe it helps...
EDIT: 404 error, but can be downloaded here http://www.sourcefiles.org/System/Daemons/Proxy/

Or maybe someone reading us with some c++ skills would like to help us a few and follow the good work Kuruden did. I think it is easier than it seems, maybe is only debugging the current release and adding a few functions more... someone voluntary?

http://proximodo.sourceforge.net/

Please, please, please, please, please... of course i would help to document anything wich would be needed.
May. 31, 2009, 10:20 AM
I heard the main complain was speed of proxomido compare to proxomitron....surely with today computer that bearly even noticeable....

I also heard some syntax are not transferable to proxomido
May. 31, 2009, 01:05 PM
At least we could improve it and add to it new functions, not like now, wich requires a lot of work to do some simple things...

Administrators: this is another important thread, maybe we split it in two threads?
Aug. 14, 2009, 01:00 AM
(Nov. 12, 2008 09:25 PM)besafe Wrote:  Some people are good at comprehending; others not so. Never been a problem of mine. Like I said; I will continue to use proxo on all my pc's until it is no longer viable to do so. The longer down the road that is, the better. Of course, if something better comes along, I will switch. I don't have brand/software loyalty problems. Smile!
"As noted before, until the entire TCP/IP process changes, drastically, then HTTP transfers will continue to use Port 80, and that means that the Proxomitron can't die. Period."

Perhaps I should word that differently. Once a program gets to the point that it doesn't do what I need/want it to do. It is dead to me, and will be off my system. It is still going strong for me now; but I will have to see how it does in the future. Smile!

Well I guess the future has kind of gotten here for me. Sadly at this point in time I don't have The Proxomitron on any of my computers. I've been using it since early 2002; been a good ride.Smile! Maybe in the future I will come back to it. Time will tell. Thanks Scott, Sidki, Kye-u and the rest of you for a very good piece of software to use. Smile!
Aug. 14, 2009, 11:40 AM
Can i ask you the reason?
If the reason is you got tired of broken sites come here sometimes and wait for my next release. I don't know when i will make it public, i want to fix a few things but also i don't want to spend more time on it, i have been working on it alone for one year now. It is working very very well for me, and focused in toggling ads without reloading the page and mostly don't breaking any page and tried to do it the most modular possible and easy to maintain... but for time reasons maybe i won't write a help file, we will see...
Aug. 14, 2009, 12:32 PM
My wife and my kids were always bypassing it which defeats it's purpose. That and some little problems with some sites combined with the add-ons for FF. I may try out your release when it comes out. Cheers
Jun. 02, 2010, 07:53 AM
There are little things which are now happening with Prox because it is no longer updated. The filtering is still fine, but the encryption/decryption libraries are a problem now. The algorithms for encryption have changed and the libraries SSLeay.dll and Libeay.dll have changed with them, but Prox will not work with those versions more recent than 2006. The older libraries cause errors with the new encryption methods and will not handle them.
Another thing is that the log window will keep opening itself if I go to pages with media content, such as YouTube.
Jun. 06, 2010, 05:09 AM
s-cat;

I use YouToob regularly, and I don't have the problem of the log window opening all the time. I'd tend to think that it's more likely to be one of your filters.

Oddysey

I'm no longer in the rat race - the rats won't have me!