How to find the filter which is causing problems
Dec. 05, 2008, 12:40 PM (This post was last modified: Apr. 26, 2009 11:44 AM by lnminente.)
Exclamation How to find the filter which is causing problems
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Dec. 05, 2008, 03:22 PM
RE: How to find the filter wich is causing problems
Oddisey suggested a good tip for using CTRL+F5 for bypassing the cache. But there we have some doubts, while we are testing use delete the cache and reload.

Siamesecat said:
"I sometimes find helpful is to open the log window, reload the page, and read the purple print in the log window. That gives a complete list of all the web fllters used in the loading and processing of code on the page. The debug view shows the filters used in the web page, but it usually does not show all the filters that were used during the page loading because extra code is contained in stylesheets and javascript files."

Give your feedback and suggestions
Dec. 18, 2008, 11:17 AM
RE: How to find the filter which is causing problems
Thank you so much! I just read your tutorial and it helped me to be able to find the filter that is the culprit at dslreports forums. I would never have found the specific filter without your excellent tutorial. I'm going to post in the filter forum now and ask for help ...other Proxo users at dslr are having the problem also.
Apr. 25, 2009, 01:30 PM
RE: How to find the filter which is causing problems
A small but needed change. When we connect to a server we do a request, have a response, and receive the content of the file if there is one. So the typical order for our filters is Outgoing headers, Incoming headers and web filters. Well as we can set variables and later use them. The order to debug our config must be the opposite to the typical order, so first disable web filters, later incoming and finally outgoing. Before i had written to disable outgoing before than incoming, now fixed.