About the sidki-set, its future, and its author(s)
Dec. 23, 2008, 08:23 PM
RE: About the sidki-set, its future, and its author(s)
Thank God you're alright Smile!

I'd be more than happy to help with any aspect of the config set. That's a good idea: setting up a collaborative-system for developers, like a wiki. If you want, I can look into this and see what I can do about setting one up.

Keep in touch Wink

I'm sure people would be more than happy to donate some money your way; you just need to ask! Pervert

EDIT: I checked out Google Code, and it looks very promising. Only one drawback I can imagine is that it's file-based, and I'd think many people would be updating the main config file (e.g.: sidki_2008-01-02.ptron). Developers would have to report what filters they're modifying/creating, so that there are no conflicts.

EDIT 2: I might be able to create an exclusive Proxomitron config set project system where developers will have to log in, and are able to check in/check out "filters", which are in two sections: Web Filters and Header filters.

The interface could be similar to Proxomitron's: Byte limit, filter name, URL, etc, or it could be simply a textarea, where you'll just need to export the filter to the clipboard and paste it in the textarea. Font face would be courier new for everyone's convenience.

There'll be a master "Generate Config" button that grabs and formats the filters and generates a properly formatted file that Proxomitron will recognize as a config set. Anyone would be able to click on this at any time.

I need a project over the holidays, and this just sounds perfect Wink I'll give it a try if you think it's a good idea, Sidki.
Visit this user's website
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: About the sidki-set, its future, and its author(s) - Kye-U - Dec. 23, 2008 08:23 PM
RE: Delighted to have you back - mozerd - Dec. 24, 2008, 10:24 PM