About the sidki-set, its future, and its author(s)
Dec. 24, 2008, 04:14 PM
RE: About the sidki-set, its future, and its author(s)
(Dec. 24, 2008 12:34 PM)lnminente Wrote:  In these euforia days, i also share, for proxomitron world, I would like to share my/our wish/need for fusing the actual projects.
We saw the problem for the complexity of the config from sidki.
Hi again lnminente,

Let's not confuse things here. Developing a framework is surely a good idea. However, right now, that is an entirely different beast than keeping the sidki-config uptodate.

My experience is that regarding Proxomitron filters - unfortunately - complexity is often related to flexibility. For instance, filters need to do their job on all sorts of broken (but displayable) code.

Quote:Many people use it, but how many of them can maintain it? If sidki is not with us, his config would die in two years being the best config available.
If that is true, then yes, this config will die soon.

I'm not sure, if i was clear enough in my first post. I was hoping that some people would join me with developing by diving into a few filters each. Of course i would happily give all code-specific help/explanations i can. This would also require a history-aware application (not necessarily a full-blown time-intense new project). I hope Keye-U got me right here.
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: About the sidki-set, its future, and its author(s) - sidki3003 - Dec. 24, 2008 04:14 PM
RE: Delighted to have you back - mozerd - Dec. 24, 2008, 10:24 PM