Name change now
Dec. 31, 2008, 09:53 PM
Name change now
Now there only one proxomitron site. should the site be called "the so called official proxomitron site"?
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Dec. 31, 2008, 11:10 PM
RE: Name change now
Actually there's another Proxomitron forum out there: http://forum.proxomitron.cn/
It's managed by whoever, who is an active member here; the forums are in Chinese though.

We can figure out the naming of the site/forums (mainly if we can call ourselves the "Official" Proxomitron forum). Questions we need to ask ourselves:

1. What dictates that a forum is the official forum for a certain area/topic/software? If it's the "last one standing", or if its member-base is the largest/most active in comparison to other forums?

2. What additional responsibilities are added to us in order to be "Official"?

3. Could it be false advertising, due to the Proxomitron sub-forums on CastleCops being the true "Official" Proxomitron forum?

I don't oppose changing our name; we've been "Un-Official" for quite a while now Big Teeth
Visit this user's website
Jan. 01, 2009, 08:35 PM
RE: Name change now
1. I wouldn't have a clue if proxo usage is going up or down. You got any stats?
2. The software is never going to be updated again. So I think adding "official" just mean "support" for old software?
3. That sub forum no longer exist and many people migrated here. Since Scotts not longer with us, how can you have official forum with no official author watching over it?