[req] force google search anonymous
Jan. 15, 2009, 12:14 AM
[req] force google search anonymous
Is it possible to force google search to be always anonymous and while I am signed in with other services(gmail, ig, notebook)?
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Jan. 15, 2009, 04:00 AM
RE: [req] force google search anonymous
bugger;

Yes, but as usual, I'm going against the grain here. There's a separate utility, a small half-meg exe file that runs on any windows version, and with any browser. It's smart enough to ferret out Google's cookie, and then give you some choices about the disposition of said cookie. Nice interface, too.

Look for it on the web as gzapper.exe. I think I got my copy at http://www.dummysoftware.com, but it's available all over the place. It's shareware, to a degree - the so-called trial period is 30 days. (After that, you're supposed to cough up 30 bucks American.) I've been using mine for over a year, no detectable problems so far!

HTH

Oddysey

I'm no longer in the rat race - the rats won't have me!
Jan. 15, 2009, 04:24 AM
Give this a try:

Code:
[HTTP headers]
In = FALSE
Out = TRUE
Key = "Cookie: Anonymous Google Searching (Out)"
URL = "(www|images).google.com(^/accounts)"
Match = "\0; S=calendar=\w;\1 SID=\w"
Replace = "\0;\1"

I was comparing what cookie values existed when I was logged in, and what didn't exist when I was logged out; I noticed that the S=calendar=... and SID=... values existed and when removed, I appear to be logged out Wink

For sure the matching expression can be improved; I'm sleepy ATM, so I'd appreciate it if someone can improve upon this filter Wink

EDIT: Looks like the main one is the SID value, so maybe use this filter:

Code:
[HTTP headers]
In = FALSE
Out = TRUE
URL = "(www|images).google.com(^/accounts)"
Match = "\0; SID=\w(; *|)\1"
Replace = "\0\1"

EDIT 2: Second filter tested and working, but I'm rethinking and it might be safer to remove the S=calendar value as well (e.g.: use the first filter), in case Google can create the SID value from it.
Visit this user's website
Jan. 15, 2009, 04:45 AM
Using header two. Header one don't seem to work Smile!

thanks
Jan. 15, 2009, 04:52 AM
Found that I forgot to bypass iGoogle:

Code:
[HTTP headers]
In = FALSE
Out = TRUE
URL = "(www|images).google.com(^/(accounts|ig))"
Match = "\0; SID=\w(; *|)\1"
Replace = "\0\1"
Visit this user's website
Jan. 15, 2009, 06:40 PM
Key-u;

Being logged out is not the same as being tracked!! Google tracks everybody, not just account holders.

If you'll look at the first two lines of the cookie named [YourComputerAccoutNameHere]@google[2].txt, you'll find:

Code:
PREF
ID=dfe855a366c095fe:TM=1232043873:LM=1232043873:S=ssTMMlJhkmS8XVBh

The tracking number is between ID= and the first colon, that's what has to go away. So far, my attempts to eradicate it with a filter have been unsuccessful..... wanna give it a go?

I've also tried blanking out that portion of the cookie, then making it "ultra-permanent" - locking it down against modifications (via the system attributes), but Google just created another cookie with an incremented number between the brackets. Sad

HTH

Oddysey

I'm no longer in the rat race - the rats won't have me!