[Req] Would like to filter [Color] code with Proxomitron
Jan. 27, 2009, 11:16 PM (This post was last modified: Jan. 27, 2009 11:29 PM by WWWJunkie.)
[Req] Would like to filter [Color] code with Proxomitron
I'd like to filter a statement like this. This was cut and paste from the source of the webpage.

Code:
<textarea name="message" id="vB_Editor_001_textarea" rows="10" cols="60" style="display:block; width:500px; height:250px" tabindex="1" dir="ltr">[QUOTE=justme;24585376][COLOR=&quot;Teal&quot;]One thing really bothers me is these annoying colors[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

</textarea>

How do I match and replace the [COLOR=&quot;Teal&quot;] and [/COLOR], since it is blocked [] I'm having difficulties. I've created other filters, but they were very simple, and straight-forward, so I still consider myself a newbie at best.

Actually I don't need to replace it with anything, I want to remove it with the filter.

.txt  quote2.txt (Size: 275 bytes / Downloads: 693) Sorry when I cut and pasted the page read it as bbcode I would assume.

So I added an attachment to this page in txt format so that one can see the source that I was referring to.
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Jan. 27, 2009, 11:36 PM
RE: [Req] Would like to filter [Color] code with Proxomitron
You can match "[", "]" by escaping them: "\[", "\]".
However, i wonder if you really want to match forum color tags, that is, filtering your own posts while submitting.

The actual text coloring page code most likely looks like:
Code:
<span style="color: teal;">One thing really bothers me is these annoying colors</span>
Jan. 27, 2009, 11:40 PM
(Jan. 27, 2009 11:36 PM)sidki3003 Wrote:  You can match "[", "]" by escaping them: "\[", "\]".
However, i wonder if you really want to match forum color tags, that is, filtering your own posts while submitting.

The actual text coloring page code most likely looks like:
Code:
<span style="color: teal;">One thing really bothers me is these annoying colors</span>

Well basically I have changed the webpage to all black with <font color=*> and replaced it with <font color=black>.....but when I quote someone I want it to the be black as well. So by removing the color code it will go to the default black post. I know it sounds weird. Smile!

BTW Thank you for the reply.
Jan. 27, 2009, 11:41 PM
Welcome!

Here's a quick filter:

Code:
[Patterns]
Name = "Remove [COLOR]"
Active = TRUE
URL = "$TYPE(htm)"
Limit = 512
Match = "\[COLOR=\w\]"
        "$INEST(\[COLOR=\w\],\[/COLOR\])"
        "\[/COLOR\]"

Note that I had to escape [ and ] with a backslash as they are special characters in Proxomitron Smile!

If you find that it's not removing an instance, try increasing the byte limit.

EDIT: Whoops!

Try this:

Code:
[Patterns]
Name = "Remove [COLOR]"
Active = TRUE
URL = "$TYPE(htm)"
Limit = 50
Match = "(\[COLOR=\w\]|\[/COLOR\])"
Visit this user's website
Jan. 27, 2009, 11:44 PM
(Jan. 27, 2009 11:41 PM)Kye-U Wrote:  Welcome!

Here's a quick filter:

Code:
[Patterns]
Name = "Remove [COLOR]"
Active = TRUE
URL = "$TYPE(htm)"
Limit = 512
Match = "\[COLOR=\w\]"
        "$INEST(\[COLOR=\w\],\[/COLOR\])"
        "\[/COLOR\]"

Note that I had to escape [ and ] with a backslash as they are special characters in Proxomitron Smile!

If you find that it's not removing an instance, try increasing the byte limit.

Thank you I do see that, that definitely looks like that will be a valuable technique that you both have shown me for future filter.
Jan. 27, 2009, 11:48 PM
I added another filter in my post; the first filter removed the entire COLOR tag, along with its contents. The second one removes just the COLOR tags Wink
Visit this user's website
Jan. 31, 2009, 08:45 PM (This post was last modified: Jan. 31, 2009 09:02 PM by WWWJunkie.)
Just doing a test
<textProxA>Sorry to bother you guys again. I really do appreciate your help thus far, but I can't get the filter to work on the webpage, though it works in the test area of proxomitron.

So if anyone can help, basically if you quote my post, I would like proxomitron to filter out the color code. As in the test above if I view the source of the newreply I see this code.

Code:
<textarea id="message" name="message" rows="20" cols="70" tabindex="2" ><textProxA>[quote='WWWJunkie' pid='11012' dateline='1233434733']
[color=#C71585]Just doing a test[/color]
[/quote]

<textProxE></textarea>

So when I click on the quote button, proxomitron already filters out the
Code:
[color=#C71585]
and the
Code:
[/color]

Is it something to do with CSS or javascript that I am missing and proxomitron isn't filtering it out by default? Sorry to be such a newbie.

<textProxE>
Jan. 31, 2009, 09:37 PM
(Jan. 31, 2009 08:45 PM)WWWJunkie Wrote:  Just doing a test
<textProxA> <snip> <textProxE>

<textProxA> and <textProxE> are temporary tags i'm generating to protect textareas.

So if you happen to use a sidki/JD/Grypen config, you need to untick _both_ textarea protectors (thus risking to break things considerably).

Or write a textarea filter that matches the entire tag block (bounds match), which is preferable for a variety of reasons anyway, and place it somewhere at the top in the "Web Page Filters" window.
Jan. 31, 2009, 09:52 PM
Something like:
Code:
[Patterns]
Name = "Remove BB "color" Tags"
Active = TRUE
URL = "$TYPE(htm)"
Bounds = "<textarea*</textarea >"
Limit = 16384
Match = "(\#\[/+color*\])+\#"