Top 150 Popular Firefox Extensions and Proxomitron
Jan. 02, 2009, 02:56 AM
Top 150 Popular Firefox Extensions and Proxomitron
I wonder how many of the firefox extensions can be replace with proxomitron filters?

I have already replaced adblock plus, noscript, moveable textarea etc. Many of the security proxo provides is far superior what firefox is capable of, while some extension are not even possible, e.g change tab appearances.
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Jan. 02, 2009, 01:27 PM
RE: Top 150 Popular Firefox Extensions and Proxomitron
That is what I like about Proxo; I can use any browser I wish ( I'm a bit of a software junkie), and get the same performance. Today I am trying out FF 3.0.5 but the only extension I use is the secure login which is similar to what I am used to with Opera. It is nice that FF is open source so that people can develop extensions for it. Smile!
Jan. 03, 2009, 01:19 PM
(Jan. 02, 2009 02:56 AM)bugger Wrote:  I wonder how many of the firefox extensions can be replace with proxomitron filters?

I'm not up on recently published extensions, but beyond the anti-ad/flash/script and the site-specific layout extensions, Proxomitron can also replace:
- Extensions that work with the current URL (e.g. "BugMeNot", "Resurrect", translators)
- Header modifiers (e.g. "User Agent Switcher")
- Page navigators (e.g. "Link Widgets")
- Page analyzers (e.g. many features of "Web Developer")
Jan. 03, 2009, 07:24 PM
Should we maintain a list?
Jan. 03, 2009, 08:18 PM
Everybody knows how much i like proxomitron, but there are addons with wonderful GUIs and more usability wich never could be replaced by a filter of proxomitron. Each program is good for its things.

For example I hardly could replace "CS lite" or Greasemonkey, and i would use adblock plus if it would replace the ads for placeholders...
For NoScript instead, we could do a better selection of wich js files to block using proxomitron...