Reguest: Cookie - Set-Cookie Exact Match -
Mar. 05, 2009, 02:44 AM
Reguest: Cookie - Set-Cookie Exact Match -
I know that all JUST B cookies are from Yahoo and are Beacon Cookies, anyway to make Set-Cookie Match only (EXACT MATCH) the LETTER B and NOT sB or Bn, etc..

Code:
[HTTP headers]
In = TRUE
Out = FALSE
Key = "Set-Cookie: (Zero out B (Yahoo Beacon Cookies)"
URL =
Match = "B"
Replace = "B=000000000000000=000=0000000000000000_000000000000000000000--00=00"

I have another set that stops the Cookies as this is just a backup, but it's the same almost, however it's getting annoying to have to add block sites to the URL, etc.. 'cause the filter matches ALL B's with other characters...??

Can this be done? This is the MOST problematic header I have had probs with...Smile!
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Mar. 05, 2009, 07:06 PM
RE: Reguest: Cookie - Set-Cookie Exact Match -
Maybe would be better to do all the cookies session only, except for some you decide. If i find some time i will do a search and write such filter Wink
Mar. 07, 2009, 07:44 AM
shiner;

Try surrounding the "B" with square brackets, like so:

MATCH: "[B]"

While Proxo should match only whatever is on the Match line, it can be too powerful. Scott's solution was to implement brackets and parenthesis for more refined control. Check the Proxo Help file, if you need a quick brushup. Smile!

HTH

Oddysey

I'm no longer in the rat race - the rats won't have me!
Mar. 09, 2009, 10:46 AM
The filter posted is sooooo general. So better adding more conditions to not break other sites, try this:
Code:
[HTTP headers]
In = TRUE
Out = FALSE
Key = "Set-Cookie: (Zero out B (Yahoo Beacon Cookies)"
URL =*yahoo.com*
Match = "b=*\&b=?\&d=*\&s=*"
Replace = "B=000000000000000=000=0000000000000000_000000000000000000000--00=00"

Note: do a better url code
Mar. 10, 2009, 01:53 AM
Inmimente;

You're correct, I missed the fact that nowshining didn't use a URL match. Sad

This would be the standard minimum URL match string, there are others that are allegedly more stringent:

[^/]++yahoo.com/

But you really do want to hit all of Yahoo's cookies, and not restrict yourself to those that lay out the parameters in a just one certain order. The reason is, Yahoo has more than one evil dwarfalleged developer on their staff, and those guys don't all do the same thing the same way. In other words, the parameter layout might be in almost any order, because the server will parse it correctly anyway.

To put it another way, better to over-generalize (on this one website) and see if something breaks, instead of being too narrow, and not getting the desired results. But of course, YMMV! Cool

HTH

Oddysey

I'm no longer in the rat race - the rats won't have me!
Mar. 10, 2009, 09:26 PM
(Mar. 10, 2009 01:53 AM)Oddysey Wrote:  the parameter layout might be in almost any order, because the server will parse it correctly anyway.

I didn't know, thanks. BTW I was writing a filter the other day to filter the content of a cookie based in a list, but i got no success because of complexity in the matching code of header filters. Later i did a search for a important part in this kind of filters [^;]+ and that's how i found "Set-Cookie: 4 Filter Cookie Content" in the Sidki config. People using Sidki config maybe could tell something helpful for this theme.