The Base Config 090320
Mar. 20, 2009, 04:14 PM (This post was last modified: Mar. 20, 2009 04:31 PM by lnminente.)
The Base Config 090320

Attached File(s)
.zip  base_config_090320.zip (Size: 67.22 KB / Downloads: 1955)
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Mar. 21, 2009, 06:32 AM
RE: The Base Config 090320
I just looked at the cfg file from the base config zip file, and I have some questions about it.
What are extrange characters? I could not find a definition for the word extrange.
Why do the names of some of the filters have a long string of "N"s?
Why would you want to log incoming images?
What does the filter to log incoming non images do? Are you really going to log anything that is not an image?
There is a header filter called "Add to protect list". From what would you be protecting the browser? What sort of things would you put in there?
Mar. 21, 2009, 01:30 PM (This post was last modified: Mar. 21, 2009 01:31 PM by lnminente.)
Hi Siamesecat,
-Strange characters in my own english means Odd chars hehehe, i will change it, thanks!

-The filters with a lot of NNNNN are only separators, with the open window you will see they have no code, only (^?) or text.

- There are 4 filters, for loging request or incoming connections, and for images or for non images. All of them are intented to have the log window opened with HTTP headers loging unticked, replacing them with only the most important info. The filter to log requesting non images, wich is the only one enabled by default, will write in the log window a green line with the most important request we would need to see. We will see there when we are downloading a video, a sound, a javascript, a flash, etc
In Log requests, the condition is $TST(imgExt=*), to see what extensions are intended to be images in the actual or a future base config open it with a text editor and search for "$SET(imgExt=". In this version, you will find $TST(uExt=png|gif|ico|jpg)$SET(imgExt=1)
I only added the typical web image extensions.

The filter to "Log incoming images" is disabled by default it is ther only as complementary to the "log non images". They work having in consideration the imgExt and if the incoming http header Content-Type is equal to image/*. Both of the "log incoming" filters are useful for debugging purposes when we are writing a header filter for example to block some requests.

Of course i will log anything that is not an image, the non images are the most important to me, maybe you thought log was "log to a file". BTW to mean "log to a file" i write "logF" in the title of the filter.

-The protect list is a header filter needed for my ad filters to give more confort to add exceptions. All the matched webfilters for ad links, flash objects, iframes, scripts, will have two links, the first for toggle and the second to add to the protect list.

NOTE: I will be updating the first post, with the questions/answers from this post Wink
Mar. 25, 2009, 11:42 AM (This post was last modified: Mar. 25, 2009 11:52 AM by sidki3003.)
lnminente, could you place your required local.ptron files in a subdirectory too next time?

Because, since i always have at least a dozen config sets installed, adding your set - right now - involves mass-replacing "http://local.ptron/" in the respective files.
Mar. 25, 2009, 12:18 PM
i second that emotion...

(1967 hit single by The Miracles)
Mar. 25, 2009, 02:25 PM (This post was last modified: Mar. 25, 2009 02:31 PM by lnminente.)
Of course, it's very logic. Count with it Wink

Edit: Also i will move my own ViewSrc.css to a folder named "Extra", to avoid some overwrites.
Jul. 01, 2009, 04:50 PM
lnminente, how's progress on the "base config", haven't heard anything in a while...
Jul. 01, 2009, 08:09 PM
Thanks for asking PR, it goes really well, really stable and ready and easy to receive new keywords and filters. Lot of things have been introduced since the 090320. I tried to release it some weeks ago, but i didn't publish it because it needs a lot of work to write the help file, and everytime i write the help file i see new things wich could be interconnected, filters wich can be splitted to share functionality, etc... Maybe should be better to release it as it is now, and later change some small things.

Very probably the next one will be my last release, as a base i see very few things i would add to it. It doesn't mean i will abbandon the base, it means it is near all i need from it Smile!

Probably i would release it together with a basic filter pack to block most ads and some other useful filters to make it useable for everyday. Soon i hope...