New popup test pages
May. 07, 2009, 08:17 AM
RE: New popup test pages
(May. 06, 2009 01:21 PM)sidki3003 Wrote:  It also gets blocked in Opera (you should here a sound, if activated).
No. It's caught by the below filter so it is not a popup anymore.
Code:
<Match: <a>...: Replace blank/new     6.08.13 (multi) [pr sd] (d.1 l.3) >
<a id="link1" href="badpopup.html"  target="_blank" style="color:#BFBDBD;">
</Match>

(May. 06, 2009 01:21 PM)sidki3003 Wrote:  Old code in proxjs-full.js:
I was still transfered to badpopup.html even with the code change.
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
May. 07, 2009, 11:55 AM (This post was last modified: May. 07, 2009 12:44 PM by sidki3003.)
Sooo...

When i go to linked page and look at the source, i see:
Code:
<a id="link1" href="badpopup.html"  target="_blank" style="color:#BFBDBD;"></a>
<a id="link2" href="javascript:openBadPopUp()" style="color:#BFBDBD;"></a></div>

The first link, despite its name, despite its target attribute, is not a popup but a normal link.
The config is stripping the blank target, as it does with all links.

The second link calls a JS function, which in turn calls window.open. This is a real popup.

Now i load sidki_oob.ptron, open Opera 9, and go to this page. In Opera 9 i haven't set up sound properly, so i just see the little "i" image appearing, indicating that the second real popup was blocked. Immediately afterwards the location changes to "badpopup.html".

Now i open Opera 10, same thing, but i also hear the "popup blocked" sound.

Now i make a backup of proxjs-full.js and open the original in an editor.
I see this comment at line 640:
Code:
// Specific "onload" Events to Button - Paul Rupe, sidki

Two lines below that comment is above detailed definition of ldIn. I update this definition accordingly, by replacing the old line with the one posted. The one posted is one line. I save the modified file.

Then i clear the cache by clicking "Delete Private Data" in Opera 9 and 10. Then i restart both browsers.

Finally, i dont see/hear any popup notifications or location changes anymore. Instead, i see a new "onload" button appearing at the page bottom. When i hover over it, i see the content of the intercepted function, as well as some other info:

Code:
scope: window -- match: .click:
function (event){enter()}
expanded function:
function enter()
        {
            var link1 = findObj("link1", document);            
            var link2 = findObj("link2", document);
            eval('link1.click()');
            eval('link2.click()');
        }

When i click that button, a popup appears and the location is changing.
May. 08, 2009, 02:23 AM
(May. 07, 2009 11:55 AM)sidki3003 Wrote:  Then i clear the cache by clicking "Delete Private Data" in Opera 9 and 10. Then i restart both browsers.
It's the restart the browser. I finally saw the change after doing that.

I used to clear the cache only without restarting the browser, and that usually do the trick, but not for this time. Sorry for wasting your time to test this again. Banging Head
May. 08, 2009, 10:10 AM
Yeah, don't trust supposedly fresh pages in Opera (all versions) and Chrome without restart.
Firefox and IE (at least v.6) is okay.
Sep. 05, 2011, 01:09 PM
I was testing these browsers high and low. At least the popups on both frontpages are easy to catch because the respective function clearly shows what it is up to. That is exactly what above linked second testcase is doing as well. IE is apparently limiting such use of link. You have selected one or more posts to quote. Quote these posts now or deselect them.Hope you like my post on <a href="http://www.google.com">google</a> today.