ProxGlobalKey - allow global hotkey to bypass/enable the prx!
May. 07, 2009, 12:59 PM (This post was last modified: May. 07, 2009 02:26 PM by qyrll8.)
Big Grin ProxGlobalKey - allow global hotkey to bypass/enable the prx!
ProxGlobalKey 0.1
----------------------------------
download from attachment to this post
or alternatively from: http://drop.io/ProxGlobalKey
----------------------------------

What is it? It is a small utility written to execute the Proxomitron.exe file (meaning: configure ProxGlobalKey and link it in your startup folder instead of doing so directly with the Proxomitron) and in the process attach itself to the program to allow for a global hotkey to be set for bypassing/enabling the Proxomitron. Furthermore the ini file included with ProxGlobalKey allows for modification of a number of self-explanatory switches (see ProxGlobalKey.ini). Allows automatic refresh of the current browser page (emulates "ctrl-f5").

Please see http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs...s/Send.htm for a complete list of possible hotkeys that can be set in the ProxGlobalKey.ini file.

Basics functions are working for me (the author) and I do not intend to mock more about with this code - I simply wanted a girlfriend-friendly way of disabling the prox and reloading current webpage in one go. Mission accomplished!

Now, the source code (written in the excellent AutoIt language & included in the zip file) for this utility is placed in the public domain - I only ask of people (you?) who modify it for the better to give back to the Proxomitron community any and all changes made to it (and maybe slip me a copy at [email protected]). Thank you Smile!

A special thanks go out to sidki for providing the updated and excellent source of prox filters at the forum.

All the best,
qyrll8

edit#1 added note about startup folder & browser refreshing and tweaked text few places

Attached File(s)
.zip  ProxGlobalKey.zip (Size: 277.16 KB / Downloads: 634)
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply