Proxomitron Application Error
May. 25, 2009, 01:33 AM
This is a follow on problem to the [Problem with Advanced LAN Settings] topic raised earlier.

Google Analytics is one of those site listed in the "bypass …" box shown in [Exceptions] under [Advanced LAN Settings]. It is also listed in my [Bypass List]

When I try to access the site, I get the following:

Exception [C000008C] raised in SslStart::…

Al
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
May. 30, 2009, 12:44 AM
RE: Proxomitron Application Error
ardarby;

I started getting that several months ago too...... I recalled from a previous discussion here that someone (don't remember exactly who) had the same problem, and they merely started Proxo at a different time in the boot-up process. I tried that, and sure enough, all my SSL problems went away.

Scott always recommended the simple way to automate the startup of Prox, merely put a shortcut link in the Startup Folder. Usually works for most folks, but.... Most versions of Windows do things in a certain order, and sometimes things get crossed up, what with one service or process expecting that another process has already started, things like that.

I took out that shortcut, and inserted a line in my registry, like so:

HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run

That line reads:

[anynamehere]=[Proxo'sFolderNameHere]/Proxomitron.exe

The anynamehere is whatever you want to call it, Windows doesn't care. I called my simply Proxo. The rest, I'm sure, is obvious.

Once that was done, all was goodness and light in Oddysey land. Hope that holds true for you as well.

Oddysey

I'm no longer in the rat race - the rats won't have me!
May. 30, 2009, 01:52 AM
Thanks Oddysey, I'll give that a try.

Al
Jun. 02, 2009, 06:10 PM
Oddysey, that works like a charm. I was having problems with filtering secure websites as well, and the problems are gone. Also, the log window was opening by itself when I was viewing Windows video files and that has stopped as well.